• Matt Milano
    • Tre White
    • Jordan Poyer
    • Micah Hyde
    • Other

22 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Von Miller #93

Doofus McCorkle #85

The list has officially jumped the shark.

This used to be OK for entertainment purposes. Especially since it is player-voting. See who the players think deserves it. But McCorkle making this list AT ALL, let alone ahead of Von Miller, is an absolute joke and completely discredits what little validity it ever had.

I was done with it when I saw McCorkle on the list. There is no way he is top 100 material, especially as a rookie. He was very solid for sure, but top 100 players are well beyond solid. 

13 hours ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Perhaps more egregious than McCorkle at 85 is the fact that the players ballots only list 1 through 20...so he was getting votes as a top 20 player in the NFL.  FFS.

I suspect that agents fill out a lot of the ballots for players they represent.

Fans would be surprised how few players give a sh*t about rankings if they ain't in em'...........which accounts for about 95% of players.

• Agree 1

On 8/15/2022 at 7:04 PM, MJS said:

It's pretty interesting that the 2014 and 2015 Bills teams had so many players listed. I think we would all agree that today's team is so much better, especially on offense. But the individual players get less recognition.

It depends on what is it called....Is it a Top 100 NFL PLayers of 2021 Season?   or is it building a list of best 100 NFL players entering the 2022 Football season?   Two different things.  When I looked up the show, it says  "Top 100 NFL Players of 2022" 

On 8/16/2022 at 9:58 AM, BigDingus said:

Allen, Diggs, White, Poyer & Hyde all should make it. I haven't seen any of the list yet, so just my guess before I look. 

White was #95 last year. I'm not sure he was significantly better this year to move him all the way up to the top 50 while having missed 6 games due to injury this past year as opposed to just one game missed due to injury in 2020. 

I'd say Allen, Diggs, Poyer are locks. Hyde a maybe.

6 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

White was #95 last year. I'm not sure he was significantly better this year to move him all the way up to the top 50 while having missed 6 games due to injury this past year as opposed to just one game missed due to injury in 2020. 

Allen came in at #4 

Screenshot_20220817-214009_Chrome.jpg

4 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Oh right, I forgot he was only 95 last year. I'd still consider him a top 100 player, but missing those games means it's unlikely he'd make it this go around. 

I still think Hyde is viewed as the better of the 2 safeties overall, so he has to make it if Poyer does right?  

4 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Oh right, I forgot he was only 95 last year. I'd still consider him a top 100 player, but missing those games means it's unlikely he'd make it this go around. 

I still think Hyde is viewed as the better of the 2 safeties overall, so he has to make it if Poyer does right?  

Hyde was a 2nd team all pro last season but Poyer was a 1st team all pro. I think any name recognition deficit there was for Poyer on Hyde a few years ago has now been caught up and the last 2 seasons Jordan has been the superior player IMO. The way I always see them, they both had great years their first year here and then the next two seasons Hyde was the dominant party in the partnership but the last two years Poyer has been. Neither has ever been bad, to be clear, and I do think they are a classic case of the whole is greater than the sum of its parts pairing. But I think Poyer in particular is only now getting the recognition he has long deserved. 

Diggs in 30s and Allen top 10.

Von obviously made 93 or whatever.

Not sure if the safeties make it, nor Tre.

11 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Allen & Diggs are in. Poyer, Miller, Hyde & Oliver deserve serious consideration. 

My boy Ed and I are Houston buddies, but he's not done enough in the NFL to make the list.

This is his year though to make the leap - he's gonna be a force all year.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.