Liz’s political calculus - next prez

She knows she is sinking her political career in this current version of the Republican Party. She is a true conservative who values truth above party.

Someday Trump will be gone. Maybe trumpism will fade. Maybe then, she will be recognized by the party as a patriot and someone who sacrificed their political future for the good of the country. Historians know she is one of the few republicans who stood for truth and for American democracy. Trump and his supporters… not so much. But they probably don’t care.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

She knows she is sinking her political career in this current version of the Republican Party. She is a true conservative who values truth above party.

Someday Trump will be gone. Maybe trumpism will fade. Maybe then, she will be recognized by the party as a patriot and someone who sacrificed their political future for the good of the country. Historians know she is one of the few republicans who stood for truth and for American democracy. Trump and his supporters… not so much. But they probably don’t care.

Good point…..I’m sure that’s pretty much what she’s thinking. Only history will tell. Unfortunately for me Liz represents the wrong arc of the Republican Party at this particular moment. She is if the Bush branch of the tree, beholden to the establishment. The Trump supporters represent the future…and it is NOT about Trump.  It’s a populist movement that looks out for the working men and women of the country. Trump will be long gone, and a new voice will take up the cause. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Good point…..I’m sure that’s pretty much what she’s thinking. Only history will tell. Unfortunately for me Liz represents the wrong arc of the Republican Party at this particular moment. She is if the Bush branch of the tree, beholden to the establishment. The Trump supporters represent the future…and it is NOT about Trump.  It’s a populist movement that looks out for the working men and women of the country. Trump will be long gone, and a new voice will take up the cause. 

Rest assured, Liz Chaney is going to land on her feet somewhere.  The fact the establishment summoned her for the task of participating on the Committee in an apparent act of political suicide shows how serious they are to discredit and eliminate Trump from the political scene.  Populist movements that reject the core agenda of both parties, whether initiated from the left or from the right are dangerous to the establishment agenda.  Many like me whether Democrats or Republicans, see the agenda of neither major political party representing their interests.  This is something more and more citizens are concluding in greater numbers.  Social and economic conditions are accelerating this trend.

The Washington establishment's concern is the movement gains traction, picks off candidates and current office holders representing embedded special interests and replaces them with populist office holders at all levels.  Representatives that believe they are sent to serve and represent "the people".  Once that happens and a majority is achieved current leadership is out on the street.  And the agenda will swing in another direction.  This is most likely going to happen as social and economic forces are hurtling us in the direction of a major crisis but by neutralizing Trump they buy some time.  

• Like (+1) 1

Liz Cheney is not going to be president and she certainly is not a democrat. She’s doing what she believes is correct. There was an attempt to overthrow the results of an election and, unlike most members of her party, she thinks that’s a bad thing. 

However, she’s a Cheney, so however this ends up, she’ll be fine. 

The person we should be talking about is Adam Kinzinger. That guy has probably ended his career for this. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

She is driven by spite and jealousy towards President Trump.

She is essentially a "democrat"

I’m positive she runs as a moderate then governs as conservative. 

she’d win moderate democrats and republicans obviously take her over Harris or newsome, or anyone else for that matter. Would any Republicans vote for Biden over her, maybe the trumpy fam. 

I can’t stand her pops, but I think she’s playing the McCain game and if she can buy her way through the primary, wins a National election in a landslide. 

this is what it looks like 

4 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

She’s doing what she believes is correct.  

NFW- nobody in her world does the right thing. This is a power move. she will ultimately be embraced because she is establishment R.

The mainstream media can’t undo all the good press they have lobbed her way. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m positive she runs as a moderate then governs as conservative. 

she’d win moderate democrats and republicans obviously take her over Harris or newsome, or anyone else for that matter. Would any Republicans vote for Biden over her, maybe the trumpy fam. 

I can’t stand her pops, but I think she’s playing the McCain game and if she can buy her way through the primary, wins a National election in a landslide. 

this is what it looks like 

NFW- nobody in her world does the right thing. This is a power move. she will ultimately be embraced because she is establishment R.

The mainstream media can’t undo all the good press they have lobbed her way. 

She's toast no matter what she runs as. She suicided her political career.  But at least she has daddy's money.

• Agree 4

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

She is driven by spite and jealousy towards President Trump.

She is essentially a "democrat"

You probably can't find a stronger republican on policies.

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

She's toast no matter what she runs as. She suicided her political career.  But at least she has daddy's money.

She's got plenty of money and will land on her feet, probably not in politics, but some kushy job at Fox, CNN, etc.

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

so if she got through primary you’d vote for Biden over her in a National election? 

There's no chance of either (her running as President, much less winning the primary, or Joke running again) happening.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

Not just daddy… big oil in general would absolutely bankroll her campaign. 

her entire foreign policy life, and it’s extensive has been about propping up the petrodollar.

Could you imagine a ticket with her and Desantis? They might win 60% of the vote against Biden. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

There's no chance of either (her running as President, much less winning the primary, or Joke running again) happening.

In May 2021, Cheney said that she intends to be "the leader, one of the leaders, in a fight to help to restore our party".[17] In an interview on ABC News's This Week, she refused to rule out a presidential bid; this prompted media speculation about her interest in a presidential run in 2024.[18]

In June 2021, Cheney joined the board of the Gerald R. Ford Foundation.[117]

11 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

You probably can't find a stronger republican on policies.

It’s true her political positions are all text book R, and I think all the real republicans out there would absolutely love her once this jan6 summer movie show is out of the way.