Kim Pegula Progressing Well

Dablitzkrieg

23 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Can you have issues if your heart is below the normal range?  I'm currently in the 50's.  

I had a rare infection about 10 years ago where my heartrate was at around 130....I lost a lot of weight.  The doctors put me on beta blockers before I heart was normal.

I'm hoping they are taking you off of beta blockers with the low heart rate...

23 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Can you have issues if your heart is below the normal range?  I'm currently in the 50's.  

I had a rare infection about 10 years ago where my heartrate was at around 130....I lost a lot of weight.  The doctors put me on beta blockers before I heart was normal.

Are you now exercising a lot? My pulse is in the low 50s but I exercise quite a bit. 
As mentioned above, beta blockers can lower pulse and bp. A pulse in the 50s may indicate your circulatory system is functioning efficiently but you should check with your doc.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I'm hoping they are taking you off of beta blockers with the low heart rate...

I was on beta blockers only for a few months years ago when I had this issue.

7 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

Are you now exercising a lot? My pulse is in the low 50s but I exercise quite a bit. 
As mentioned above, beta blockers can lower pulse and bp. A pulse in the 50s may indicate your circulatory system is functioning efficiently but you should check with your doc.

Yeah, I work out a ton.  It's been 8 years since I was on those beta blockers.  I had virus that attacked my thyroid.

25 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I was on beta blockers only for a few months years ago when I had this issue.

Yeah, I work out a ton.  It's been 8 years since I was on those beta blockers.  I had virus that attacked my thyroid.

how many times a week do you go to mcdonalds?

On 6/30/2022 at 11:37 AM, teef said:

how many times a week do you go to mcdonalds?

Usually about 3-4 times a week.  But I have to stop because I have a competition I'm doing on September 10th and I need to lose about 15 lbs.  But I'm going to eat dinner at McDonald's tonight.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Vomit 1

2 hours ago, Irv said:

You could feel something was very wrong.  Like your heart was beating like a hummingbird wings.  Very obvious.  I went in to one Urgent Care.  They turned me away because they were overwhelmed by COVID.  Didn't even ask me what my problem was.  Went to another one.  They said one hour wait.  They asked me what my symptoms were and I told them.  Two minutes later I was getting an EKG and sent to the Emergency Room next door.  Doctor looked like he was going to faint.  Admitted immediately.  I ended up getting a cardioversion which is an electric shock to correct your heartbeat.  (Like you see on TV) Went home next day.  If you feel anything like that  - go to the hospital.  You can get a stroke.  

Thanks for the reply.  I asked because I was wondering if you had a device that would catch that.  I have a Kardia EKG monitor which I check once in a while and they say that will catch afib.  I know there are also apple watches which will catch it.  I am assuming they will catch events much milder than yours.

Your description of an actual event is much appreciated.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Usually about 3-4 times a week.  But I have to stop because I have a competition I'm doing on September 10th and I need to lost about 15 lbs.  But I'm going to eat dinner at McDonald's tonight.

ok...i'll bite.  what kind of competition?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

What happens if Kim fully recovers as we all are hoping for, yet details of why she was hospitalized are never released?

To bad for us, it’s a case of MYOB.

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr Info said:

When I was racing road bikes in my younger years my resting heart rate was between 40 and 45 bpm, not out of the ordinary for that cohort, but if one is having any sort of heart issues, as you said, talk with your Doctor.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm not Irish, I'm Korean.  Not sure if I ever told anyone on this board that.

My wife’s Lebanese nieces have traveled the world for their Irish Dancing. I’m Irish, and I never knew there was such a thing.  🤷‍♂️

OK, I’ll try again…….the Fulton County Badminton Invitational?  

Edited by Augie

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

My wife’s Lebanese nieces have traveled the world for their Irish Dancing. I’m Irish, and I never knew there was such a thing.  🤷‍♂️

OK, I’ll try again…….the Fulton County Badminton Invitational?  

My neighbor is Lebanese originally from Mississippi.  She has a major southern accent and very dark skin.  

My new dog keeps chewing up my shuttlecocks.