Kim Pegula Progressing Well

Dablitzkrieg

2 minutes ago, teef said:

Absolutely…and it’s a good perspective. 

people are on edge in our lives right?  What with the state of the world  and all the politics swirling. I get a great amount of happiness being with the bills crowd if only virtually.  I will own that 100%

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Augie said:

Excuse me, do you need directions to the Unpopular Opinions thread?  :)

I kid! I kid!!!

I don’t see Kim as being part of the celebrity culture. She’s no Kardashian! She didn’t seek attention, it just comes with her high profile.

I don’t classify people based upon how well known they are, or how wealthy they are. A soul is a soul, and we all have families and loved ones. Kim is special to me because she played a large role in keeping the Bills in WNY. That matters to me. What matters more is that in assuming her current role, we all got to know her a little bit. She seems to be an incredibly likable person. 

My heart was broken for all the families and friends affected by the Tops shooting. Completely! But I knew nothing of them before that awful day. That takes NOTHING away from their importance, but Kim is different. Not better or worse, just different.  

I hope that came out the way I felt it in my mind. 

It did (or at least you made sense) and I agree with that perspective as well to a point. I'm not sure what my real deep down thoughts are; it's a nuanced tricky subject. I'm not saying people in general or on here are treating people as being more worthy of empathy based on their monetary worth, but there is a lot of hurting in the world. Actually, maybe that is why people fixate on specific well known people, it allows them to pour all that empathy into a single place and allow them to use that person as a stand it for everyone. I don't know, human psychology is fascinating for sure.

Dan Le Batard always says he has the absolute worst level of celebrity. Famous enough to be raked over the coals for any stupid thing he does, but not famous enough for any of the real perks.

They have also talked about boundaries on his show, and how people feel like they have this profound relationship with the people on the show, but it isn't real. Like it's this weird psychological thing for people to feel deep connections or friendships with people, but it's so weird for them because people have this huge emotional connection with them based on a character they are on the show, but they have no idea who the heck you are and neither do you have any idea who they are.

Like they're a best friend to someone they meet on the street and that person treats them that way, but to them you're just some random person on the street who is coming up acting like you've known each other for years.

That's really the celebrity culture I'm talking about, you don't want to get me started on the super celebrity culture (like the Kardashians...that's all so fake and formulaic). Lol, I'm OK having unpopular opinions, I'd be happy touring around with live music bands and working with people to use technology to improve the world for individuals if I could (and watch the Bills of course!).

13 hours ago, Irv said:

I had a-fib in January.  Heart rate was 170.  Normal is 60-100.  Felt like my heart was vibrating.  On blood thiners and a couple of other drugs to avoid stroke.  

A-fib with a rate >100 is called a-fib rvr (rapid ventricular rate). This is uncontrolled and im sure you were put on an antiarrythmic to control it, keeping the rate below 100. Most likely amiodarone. People live with controlled a-fib and go about their daily lives. A common procedure to correct chronic a-fib is ablation. They basically kill the heart cells in the atrium that are misfiring allowing the heart to return to a normal sinus rythym. 

Edited by Herc11
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Can you have issues if your heart is below the normal range?  I'm currently in the 50's.  

I had a rare infection about 10 years ago where my heartrate was at around 130....I lost a lot of weight.  The doctors put me on beta blockers before I heart was normal.

Depends on why the HR is <60. Heart rate <60 is called bradycardia. Some people are bradycardic with a normal rythym and are asymptomatic. The problem is when it becomes symptomatic such as hypotension along with that rate. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dude if you feel like Kim is your mother do you think that is on you or on her?   Caring about her is not irrational IMO but expecting or thinking that they owe anyone periodic updates IMO is misguided.  It is not near as bad as going on a message board and saying “she had a stroke” or whatever other guess popped into someone’s head.  The stuff supposedly out on Twitter then here that “was speculation but had legs” took it to the worst possible level.

Some of us aren't just guessing. Being a critical care nurse, working in an ICU, I have real world experience and first-hand knowledge to make somewhat of an educated guess. 

Knowing that she spent ~1-2 weeks in the ICU and is undergoing rehab are clues. I can deduce that it wasn't trauma related due to the press release as well. Stroke is the #1 thing that would require rehab after stabilization and recovery given what we know.

I'm not saying its absolutely it, but thats what I'd put my money on. Time will tell. They may keep her out of the spotlight for awhile if they want to continue to keep this underwraps since the signs of stroke may be very telling. 

Edited by Herc11
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Some of us aren't just guessing. Being a critical care nurse, working in an ICU, I have real world experience and first-hand knowledge to make somewhat of an educated guess. 

Knowing that she spent ~1-2 weeks in the ICU and is undergoing rehab are clues. I can deduce that it wasn't trauma related due to the press release as well. Stroke is the #1 thing that would require rehab after stabilization and recovery if severe enough.

I'm not saying its absolutely it, but thats what I'd put my money on. Time will tell. They may keep her out of the spotlight for awhile if they want to continue to keep this underwraps since the signs of stroke may be very telling. 

As a nurse, this is exactly what I thought the moment I read the press release. Well, after praying for her and her family of course.  

It's also possible it was an MI and she is in rehab because it, or bypass surgery after it, has left her extremely weak.  

Either way.  I wish her a speedy recovery and a long, healthy life.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Herc11 said:

Some of us aren't just guessing. Being a critical care nurse, working in an ICU, I have real world experience and first-hand knowledge to make somewhat of an educated guess

Knowing that she spent ~1-2 weeks in the ICU and is undergoing rehab are clues. I can deduce that it wasn't trauma related due to the press release as well. Stroke is the #1 thing that would require rehab after stabilization and recovery given what we know.

So you are still guessing. 

Edited by BTB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Herc11 said:

4 hours ago, haroldwaide said:

As a nurse, this is exactly what I thought the moment I read the press release. Well, after praying for her and her family of course.  

It's also possible it was an MI and she is in rehab because it, or bypass surgery after it, has left her extremely weak.  

Either way.  I wish her a speedy recovery and a long, healthy life.

Regardless if you're hunches are correct, I just want to say thank you for doing one of the most thankless and underappreciated jobs out there.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

What happens if Kim fully recovers as we all are hoping for, yet details of why she was hospitalized are never released?

Why would anything need to happen in that scenario?

2 hours ago, BTB said:

So you are still guessing. 

All we do on this board is guess. I’m not sure why people are so upset about it here? We’re going to talk about it. Talking about it is perfectly fine. Spreading rumors about her condition is totally wrong. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

What happens if Kim fully recovers as we all are hoping for, yet details of why she was hospitalized are never released?

It's pretty obvious why she was in the hospital and now rehab.  No info will need to be released.

31 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

We'll all live. The sun will continue to rise and set.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What a mess! 

(Hope you’re on the right track now Irv!)

Too much stress on PPP caused it!  Tibs and Billsy trigged it.  What a mess!

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Greybeard said:

How did you discover this?

You could feel something was very wrong.  Like your heart was beating like a hummingbird wings.  Very obvious.  I went in to one Urgent Care.  They turned me away because they were overwhelmed by COVID.  Didn't even ask me what my problem was.  Went to another one.  They said one hour wait.  They asked me what my symptoms were and I told them.  Two minutes later I was getting an EKG and sent to the Emergency Room next door.  Doctor looked like he was going to faint.  Admitted immediately.  I ended up getting a cardioversion which is an electric shock to correct your heartbeat.  (Like you see on TV) Went home next day.  If you feel anything like that  - go to the hospital.  You can get a stroke.  

2 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

That's her and her family's  choice.   HIPPA laws.