BILLS @ MIAMI TRANSPOTATION

Stroke 17

Forget Uber/Lyft/Cabs - Take Miami Dade Metrorail to Earlington Heights Station and transfer to Metrobus Route 297. It's a 10 minute bus ride, and runs every 15 minutes. Trip will cost about $8 bucks. Many Dolphins fans take this route. Odd how most people never even consider light rail/public transit when it's everywhere in south Florida. Plus many hotels are along Metrorail as well. I have done this about 5 times. The money I save goes to better meals, and cocktails. Just use Google. It's not the 1990's anymore. Most people don't know how to travel, and waste significant time and $$ using Uber and rental cars..... Your welcome.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

You sure don’t want to be walking in the area unless you’re with 20 people.  

Cab to should not be a problem.  

leaving the game will be the problem

This is my concern as well. Coming from Canada definitely want to avoid all the trouble I can specially when drinking. 

2 hours ago, Augie said:

You got lucky. You got a ride! 

I met a buddy for drinks one day at The Battery where the Braves play. I had used Uber to get there and back at least a dozen times before Covid. It’s 3 miles and about an 8 minutes ride that used to cost $7-$9.  I was shocked when the ride there said $19, but I was going for drinks and it was the safe thing to do. For the ride home it quoted me $34 which REALLY pissed me off. To top things off, when I accepted the ridiculous fare, it said “no drivers available”. I kept checking repeatedly, only to get the same response. I’m glad it was only 3 miles, because I had to walk it. I checked it randomly for a few months and no drivers popped up far too often for my comfort. This was all about a year ago. 

I’ve used Uber since, especially when out of town, and have not had a problem in recent months. I’ve not been stranded again, but that’s always in the back of my mind. 

Yes, we got stranded in Broooklyn a while ago.  Had to call a cab. IN Vegas, the cabs are a better deal all the way.  Gave up on UBER there.

2 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

Forget Uber/Lyft/Cabs - Take Miami Dade Metrorail to Earlington Heights Station and transfer to Metrobus Route 297. It's a 10 minute bus ride, and runs every 15 minutes. Trip will cost about $8 bucks. Many Dolphins fans take this route. Odd how most people never even consider light rail/public transit when it's everywhere in south Florida. Plus many hotels are along Metrorail as well. I have done this about 5 times. The money I save goes to better meals, and cocktails. Just use Google. It's not the 1990's anymore. Most people don't know how to travel, and waste significant time and $$ using Uber and rental cars..... Your welcome.  

thanks for all the info. I like ROSS MURDOCKS suggestion.  Thought about UBER but it was shut down in that county for awhile. Taxi good idea but always wonder about getting one AFTER the game, Seems like many options to get there but more concerned about a ride back.

Perhaps when we all get there many will need a ride and we can all get a plan together for the trip.

GO BILLS!

20 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Rally bus share?  I've never used the service so can't vouch for it, but it is $35 round trip for a seat on a "high-end bus".  The advantage here is you don't have to worry about finding a ride back after the game.

https://rally.co/dolphins-bills/from/fort-lauderdale-fl

Bingo! thats the ticket I'm looking for. Thanks, 

For those suggesting I just google for a ride, believe it or not I did that before asking for advice.  This did not show on any of my searches.

For best results ask those in the know, "Son of a K-Gun" you the man.

20 minutes ago, Stroke 17 said:

Bingo! thats the ticket I'm looking for. Thanks, 

For those suggesting I just google for a ride, believe it or not I did that before asking for advice.  This did not show on any of my searches.

For best results ask those in the know, "Son of a K-Gun" you the man.

Good luck, and if you do use the service let us know how it works out.  I am considering using this for some of the prime time Bills games when I don't feel like driving home.

47 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Rally bus share?  I've never used the service so can't vouch for it, but it is $35 round trip for a seat on a "high-end bus".  The advantage here is you don't have to worry about finding a ride back after the game.

https://rally.co/dolphins-bills/from/fort-lauderdale-fl

There's one big problem with Rally Bus:  They don't guarantee the trip will take place until they reach a minimum of riders for the trip.  If you click on the link, you'll see they are still 25 riders away before the trip is a go.  

I've used Rally Bus twice to horse racing triple crown events & got a trip cancelled another time because the trip didn't fill.  The one that got cancelled was Super Bowl 50 from Concord California to Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara.  I don't know what percentage of these proposed rides get cancelled, but if they couldn't fill a bus to the Super Bowl, good luck filling a Bills @ Delphins regular season game.   

I would not count on a Rally Bus until the trip was confirmed.  

10 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Good luck, and if you do use the service let us know how it works out.  I am considering using this for some of the prime time Bills games when I don't feel like driving home.

Rally Bus is good IF the trip fills. Nice bus with wi-fi and good drivers.  I went to the Kentucky Derby out of Indianapolis & the Belmont Stakes out of NYC, but I've also had a trip cancelled.  If the bus needs double digit riders before confirmation, I wouldn't book the trip.   

On 6/28/2022 at 10:56 AM, Steel City Mafia said:

Cya there . Prob Uber is ur best bet. Walk down to the area where walmart is and get picked up there. 

Be prepared to pay over $100+. I lucked out and got a Blue Pass for $200, insane thing is I used to get those for $25 and thought that was a rip off. 

1 hour ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Be prepared to pay over $100+. I lucked out and got a Blue Pass for $200, insane thing is I used to get those for $25 and thought that was a rip off. 

I was at Ravens Fish game last year it was a Thursday night game. As we walked past the Uber/Lyft pickup near Walmart I checked and Lyft was $115 for a trip to Weston. This would be a similar distance to Ft Lauderdale.

Go Bills!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.