BILLS @ MIAMI TRANSPOTATION

Stroke 17

Booked trip to Miami game September 25th.

Staying in Ft Lauderdale.

Looks like Fans of Buffalo tailgate and transportation are sold out.

Anybody know of any other options to get to the game and back without driving?

Any other group going and renting a bus that may need 2 more passengers?

1 hour ago, Stroke 17 said:

Booked trip to Miami game September 25th.

Staying in Ft Lauderdale.

Looks like Fans of Buffalo tailgate and transportation are sold out.

Anybody know of any other options to get to the game and back without driving?

Any other group going and renting a bus that may need 2 more passengers?

Cya there . Prob Uber is ur best bet. Walk down to the area where walmart is and get picked up there. 

• Disagree 2

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

One good reason is you never know how much they will gouge you. I was in Philly recently, took an Uber ride about a mile for $9 on a Wednesday. Same ride cost $26 the following day.

Yeah, I've fallen victim to that, too.  Time of day, traffic and other things go into their real-time pricing algorithm.  When they first started, the price difference between Uber and taxis was pretty significant.  That's not really the case anymore, it seems.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

One good reason is you never know how much they will gouge you. I was in Philly recently, took an Uber ride about a mile for $9 on a Wednesday. Same ride cost $26 the following day.

does this delay your retirement?

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Lol no.  But are you fine with having no price certainty when you're trying to get back from a Miami game?

no.  i usually have to remove all of my jewelry before getting in as to not blind the driver.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You got lucky. You got a ride! 

I met a buddy for drinks one day at The Battery where the Braves play. I had used Uber to get there and back at least a dozen times before Covid. It’s 3 miles and about an 8 minutes ride that used to cost $7-$9.  I was shocked when the ride there said $19, but I was going for drinks and it was the safe thing to do. For the ride home it quoted me $34 which REALLY pissed me off. To top things off, when I accepted the ridiculous fare, it said “no drivers available”. I kept checking repeatedly, only to get the same response. I’m glad it was only 3 miles, because I had to walk it. I checked it randomly for a few months and no drivers popped up far too often for my comfort. This was all about a year ago. 

I’ve used Uber since, especially when out of town, and have not had a problem in recent months. I’ve not been stranded again, but that’s always in the back of my mind. 

EDIT: @Stroke 17 Dress light and don’t forget sunscreen and a hat. Even late September will blister your ass!  Florida for the first month of the schedule can be BRUTAL! 

Edited by Augie

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's what inflation will do. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.