How to organize the new stadium “Wall of Fame”

BringBackFergy

Been thinking about this for awhile. Saw some people make comments about what the new stadium “Wall of Fame” should look like. You guys have any ideas? Here’s my thoughts:

1) The names should be in Times New Roman font. Keep it uniform. But the name and player number should be digital. See #3 below. 

2) The player should have made a “substantial impact” on the history of the Bills: e.g. Joe Cribbs, Brian Moorman, Kyle Orton, et al. 

3) The new stadium should have two digital horizontal screens around the stadium. Living players/personnel on top and deceased Wall of Famers 4-6 feet below active Wall of Famers.  Then it recognizes living and the dead. 

4) To pay for each of the Wall of Famers, family and friends can “sponsor” their spot on the wall. For instance, Fred Jackson’s or OJ Simpson’s spot on the wall can be sponsored by various companies. We could pay the stadium off quicker that way. 

I’m planning on forwarding this to the stadium developers, so keep your responses serious. Any other thoughts?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

While the Wall of Fame has been nice at the current stadium, you legitimately have a chance to do something epic at the new one.  It's time for a real Buffalo Bills/Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame.  Whether you want to do your own busts or statues, or something else, you can do something really cool at the new place.  The beauty of it is that is can be anything you want it to be and have it as big as you want it to be.  Have stations set aside for each legend with a bust or statue, some of their game worn memorabilia, a TV that shows the players' history and highlights, etc.  You could make this a travel destination that is open all year round.  Almost like a Buffalo version of the Pro Football HOF. 

If done right, it could be absolutely amazing.  Will they do this?  Probably not.  But man, I think it could be something not only for Buffalo fans to enjoy, but to introduce visiting fans to our history and all time greats.  While we don't have many Championships to our name, our history has plenty of awesome players, people, and moments to celebrate.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Been thinking about this for awhile. Saw some people make comments about what the new stadium “Wall of Fame” should look like. You guys have any ideas? Here’s my thoughts:

1) The names should be in Times New Roman font. Keep it uniform. But the name and player number should be digital. See #3 below. 

2) The player should have made a “substantial impact” on the history of the Bills: e.g. Joe Cribbs, Brian Moorman, Kyle Orton, et al. 

3) The new stadium should have two digital horizontal screens around the stadium. Living players/personnel on top and deceased Wall of Famers 4-6 feet below active Wall of Famers.  Then it recognizes living and the dead. 

4) To pay for each of the Wall of Famers, family and friends can “sponsor” their spot on the wall. For instance, Fred Jackson’s or OJ Simpson’s spot on the wall can be sponsored by various companies. We could pay the stadium off quicker that way. 

I’m planning on forwarding this to the stadium developers, so keep your responses serious. Any other thoughts?

Every current Wall of Fame player should have their name replaced by OJ Simpson.

I've noticed this discussion you've talked about and I have a few thoughts(because 4 is always too many):

1.  None of the Bills previous owners should be on the wall.   No Ralph, No Shula, No Belichick, No Brady.

2. No rapists or murderers.   Also no players who have been victims of a crime(even victimless crimes like identity theft)........OR non-crimes like if they are from Texas and have been touched inappropriately or wrongfully killed by corporate or mom and pop businesses in a non-war situation.

3.  Rob Gronkowski, Ron Jaworski and Don Majkowski should all be on the wall......but to prevent the perception of a bias........nobody named White should be ever be honored because White's are notoriously privileged.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Replace it with the TBD Wall of Fame. I nominate @Gugny as the first inductee.

If the Bills decide to make a circle of fame they need to make sure there is room for all the new  legends names  upcoming not just with names from our historys past. Im torn about taking OJ's name down. So much of history is being cancelled I say his name stays. But if they decide to not include him Im not gonna lose sleep either

Having a bills mafia representation at the new venue in an even bigger scale would be really cool I think.  Wouldn't a Bills museum be awesome?  @sven233 Include the Bills mafia legends. Represent our super fans like Pancho Villa and the Chefs. Elvis with his guitar and make an exhibit for the fans to celebrate the history of the Buffalo Bills and their fans. 

Edited by muppy

I’ve listened to the guys who ran the HOF and they would constantly say when this topic comes up, the Hall is for what they do on the field, not off the field.  I see the Wall as the same so for me OJ Is one of the best Bills ever.  Yes, there’s no argument he’s a horrible human being post career.

But on the field, he was one of the best RB’s to ever play the game.  People should be on the Wall who were great players.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’ve listened to the guys who ran the HOF and they would constantly say when this topic comes up, the Hall is for what they do on the field, not off the field.  I see the Wall as the same so for me OJ Is one of the best Bills ever.  Yes, there’s no argument he’s a horrible human being post career.

But on the field, he was one of the best RB’s to ever play the game.  People should be on the Wall who were great players.  

Nah, that's what highlights and YouTube are for.  If a name goes up there and then the person disgraces himself I have no problem with it coming down.  Professional sports athletes are role models and objects of public attention whether they like it or not.

Now, I suppose the devil is in the details of which transgressions warrant removal, but I think we can all agree that double-murder meets the threshold.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, sven233 said:

While the Wall of Fame has been nice at the current stadium, you legitimately have a chance to do something epic at the new one.  It's time for a real Buffalo Bills/Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame.  Whether you want to do your own busts or statues, or something else, you can do something really cool at the new place.  The beauty of it is that is can be anything you want it to be and have it as big as you want it to be.  Have stations set aside for each legend with a bust or statue, some of their game worn memorabilia, a TV that shows the players' history and highlights, etc.  You could make this a travel destination that is open all year round.  Almost like a Buffalo version of the Pro Football HOF. 

If done right, it could be absolutely amazing.  Will they do this?  Probably not.  But man, I think it could be something not only for Buffalo fans to enjoy, but to introduce visiting fans to our history and all time greats.  While we don't have many Championships to our name, our history has plenty of awesome, players, people, and moments to celebrate.

I agree….and besides they need a big room to house the Lombardi. 😳

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Augie said:

Start with Butch Byrd first.  He’s one who belonged in first and has waited the longest. I don’t care about any backstory, just do the right thing. 

I don't know exactly who is on the WOF but there are definitely some like Byrd that are missing & need to be there for their contributions to the team & will always be a WOF player for the Bills !! 

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Okay, how about this then, 

OJ Simpson * (psycho murderer later in life, but one of the very best running back ever while he was on the team…,)

That pretty much covers it, don’t ya think?

God I love sarcasm😁👍

2 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Definitely leave OJ off

I am curious to see if the Bills put 32 on the new wall or not. If you go by his life post football then he should never be involved or included with anything Bills/NFL related. If you judge him just by what he did on the field then its a no-brainer. OJ and Bruce are the two greatest players in Bills history.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.