Article on 5 scariest QB's -- Allen #2

Inigo Montoya

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Agree only add in Burrow and Herbert and an aging Wilson.  Sucks that all 5 are in the AFC.  When Brady and Rodgers retire, there is not much left in the NFC.  Dak probably is the best of the NFC after those two.  

I think Stafford is better than Dak and he showed by getting away from Lions he was able to show how well he can play.

On Lemur:

He has shown the ability to take it the distance as a runner from anywhere on the field and that forces opponents to pay extra attention to him in the box. 

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Why do they refer to Lamar Jackson's 2021 season as a "so called slump?"  He had almost as many interceptions as TDs.  I know there were a bunch of injuries, but call it like it is.  He had a bad year.

Bills proved ability to neutralize him in playoffs forcing him to play from pocket by having one DE Trent Murphy "stay home" neutralizing his running on half the field,

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Why do they refer to Lamar Jackson's 2021 season as a "so called slump?"  He had almost as many interceptions as TDs.  I know there were a bunch of injuries, but call it like it is.  He had a bad year.

anything far from MVP is a slump technically 😆 

IMHO LJ is not an elite QB. 
elit(ish) athlete? sure

elite QB ? No

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Agree only add in Burrow and Herbert and an aging Wilson.  Sucks that all 5 are in the AFC.  When Brady and Rodgers retire, there is not much left in the NFC.  Dak probably is the best of the NFC after those two.  

Stafford? The guy who just won the SB?

4 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

It says 5 scariest but they only talk about 4.  I'm not going to watch the whole thing. My top 4 is Allen, Mahommes, Herbert, and Rodgers.  Rodgers is better than Brady at this point and without Gronk I don't think Brady cracks the top 4.  I know Adams is not in Green Bay any more and that is why I have Herbert ahead of Rodgers. 

I've already posted numerous times the AFC Championship will be decided when Buffalo and LA Chargers meet in the playoffs.  

That's the order I have them. Once Brady and Rodgers retire after this season,  basically Josh, Mahomes and Herbert will run this league for a decade. Not as big of a Burrow/ Lamar fan.

5 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

No doubt that Allen has scary physical tools.  The difficulty is the rest of the team needs to play well and disciplined football .  Look at the list (with Peyton Manning & Brett Fauve getting an honorable mention in the write up).

Mahomes 1

Faurve 2

Manning 2

Rogers 1

vs

Brady 7

The point simply is that it takes more than just a highly talented QB to bring home the trophy.

And Cheating , crying and dildos !!! 

Edited by Putin

6 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

No doubt that Allen has scary physical tools.  The difficulty is the rest of the team needs to play well and disciplined football .  Look at the list (with Peyton Manning & Brett Fauve getting an honorable mention in the write up).

Mahomes 1

Faurve 2

Manning 2

Rogers 1

vs

Brady 7

The point simply is that it takes more than just a highly talented QB to bring home the trophy.

Favre has two SB wins?! :-) [Sorry!]

Edited by chongli

Couple of shows are following Buckys lead. “This just in’s” cast had him anywhere from 2 to 4. Kellerman went #4 because he routinely undersells Allen. I don’t really understand why…. Heres Wiley and Acho with their top 5 scariest lists on “Speak for Yourself” 

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Couple of shows are following Buckys lead. “This just in’s” cast had him anywhere from 2 to 4. Kellerman went #4 because he routinely undersells Allen. I don’t really understand why…. Heres Wiley and Acho with their top 5 scariest lists on “Speak for Yourself” 

Dolphins fans change the channel when they see this  !! 

6 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

It says 5 scariest but they only talk about 4.  I'm not going to watch the whole thing. My top 4 is Allen, Mahommes, Herbert, and Rodgers.  Rodgers is better than Brady at this point and without Gronk I don't think Brady cracks the top 4.  I know Adams is not in Green Bay any more and that is why I have Herbert ahead of Rodgers. 

I've already posted numerous times the AFC Championship will be decided when Buffalo and LA Chargers meet in the playoffs.  

Oddly, Rodgers has been better record wise without Adams in the lineup. Gonna be interesting to see what he does with a pair or rookies and Tonyan back in the lineup instead of MVS. 

On 6/27/2022 at 3:11 PM, Kwai San said:

Here at TBD we just LOVE freak shows......just love them!!!

So true! Just look aroun!😳

On 6/27/2022 at 4:11 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

Reality says Herbert hasn’t done jack. Ergo, completely unworthy of top 5 QB rankings. WINS, son. It’s about the dubyas only. 

• Agree 1

On 6/27/2022 at 1:56 PM, Inigo Montoya said:

The section on Allen starts off,  "Allen is a freak show at the position...."

https://www.nfl.com/news/five-scariest-quarterbacks-entering-2022-nfl-season-where-gronk-ranks-among-top-

I'm past the who's the best QB debate which will always be a Chevy / Ford thing.  Bottom line is our QB is elite and is now getting the respect he deserves.  What a road Allen has travelled from draft night punch line to where he is today.

Good article Inigo.  Thanks for sharing.  I thought it was a very fair assessment.  Brady not making the top 5 idk if others would agree, but it’s true he is on the twilight of his career.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.