Warren Sapp: Kaep Workout With Raiders "A Disaster"

Rico

He's a good man, but not a good enough QB that I ever wanted him on the team.

Best of luck to him in all endeavors.

47 minutes ago, Doc said:

Japan is a dying society.  Their women want nothing to do with their men and as a result their birth rates are dismal.

I live in Japan. Have for 30 years.

Hopefully you were being sarcastic there, because you're right about falling birth rates (and that's equally true in pretty much every developed economy in the world) but the rest of it is nonsense.

Of the "utter" variety.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, nucci said:

How can you not believe Warren Sapp? Did he say whom he heard that from?

Sapp is a scumbag that's faced numerous legal charges (ultimately dismissed), but that cost him his NFL Network job. That was after he filed for bankruptcy a few years after his NFL career ended. 

Color me skeptical that Sapp has an "unnamed source" feeding him info about Kaepnicks workout. 

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

There are many who strongly disagree with you, they feel that everyone should stand as a sign of respect to the flag.   Kap used to sit on the bench for the anthem, then he switched to the kneeling which I think was a better move.

I have interest in his tryout for the NFL because I felt the narrative that Kap was some elite player that got his career ended short because he chose to protest is simply not true.  The majority of non-football fans believe the guy sacrificed his career for some greater good, when the reality is the guy was a backup QB on his way out of football.   

Then he took a huge check from Nike and they ran ads that said Believe in Something, Even if it Means Sacrificing Everything, and the lie got pushed even further.  At that point, I felt there was no chance this guy would ever try to make another NFL roster because it will reveal that he's simply not very good, and he didn't really sacrifice ANYTHING.  In fact, he likely made more money from the kneeling that he would have if he tried to stay in the league and hold a clipboard for a few more years.

Nike should run a new Kaep ad that says Believe in Something, Especially if it Makes you Rich.....

I really respect the guy for actually trying to play again, even though we all know what the result was going to be.

Let’s not forget that he also sued the NFL and got paid  and compared the NFL /combine to slavery , I’m sorry I respect the cause that he’s promoting I just don’t think he should be the face of it  JMO !!! 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

The point is, as an American citizen he was exercising his completely legal constitutional rights, which other Americans evidently are more than happy to in effect take those constitutional rights from him, and in the future, from you and me too, whenever they don’t like what we have to say.

Its about the rule of law, ask yourself, what does that say about those that would take those rights from him, or you, me or anyone else? Sounds exactly like what a Putin type does to those that disagrees with him in Russia, he silences them, and worse, and thats just damn UN-American, period! 

Semper Fi 

Go Bills!!!

Hey hey everything in this post is American propaganda 

• Vomit 1
  • Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Kap was not inciting violence, he was not harming others, why should he suffer negative consequences? Really why? he merely pointed out inequalities in our society, where is the harm in doing that?  

Go Bills!!!

Agreed. 

Kap was exercising his right to free speech and was trying to form a "more perfect union"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

A person of color calling attention to this country's totaled messed up race-relations situation by virtue of exercising his right to self expression...and this forum pisses all over the guy.

Every single man or woman who has ever died in any war for this country did so so that Keep could go down on a knee before a football game.

When you piss on Keep, you piss on every one of those dead heroes.

Thanks NMU.  Some, perhaps most here will never get it. 

• Agree 3

• Simon locked this topic