Warren Sapp: Kaep Workout With Raiders "A Disaster"

Rico

Interesting.  Kaep's tryout sucks, so everyone gets to say "I told you so", and the NFL gets to say "We gave him a chance".  Just ignore the fact that we blackballed him the last 5 years, nothing to see there, while Nathan Peterman was a rostered QB for 4 of those years.  Weird.

• Dislike 1

My guess is if the workout was good the Raiders would be promoting it and he would be signed by now.  Not even a camp tryout.  Instead, they're more comfortable with Nick Mullens and Garrett Gilbert as backups. 

4 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Interesting.  Kaep's tryout sucks, so everyone gets to say "I told you so", and the NFL gets to say "We gave him a chance".  Just ignore the fact that we blackballed him the last 5 years, nothing to see there, while Nathan Peterman was a rostered QB for 4 of those years.  Weird.

The issue wasn't that he didn't have the quality to be on an NFL roster, it was that his quality of play did not warrant all the baggage that was going to come along with him being on the team.  

For a owners he could be a PR nightmare, for management and coaches he could become a distraction and for the potential level of headache that he could cause and the fact that he was a backup level QB, it just didn't make sense.  Simply put, there was not enough juice for the squeeze.

5 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

He wasnt blackballe. He wanted $20M/year and to be an unquestioned started. Ridiculous demands

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Kap is not serious about playing football. If so, he would have joined the CFL, got into football shape, and show NFL teams he can consistently show up year after year, perform and be a good teammate. 

He's had plenty of opportunities to play football. I'm surprised he can still generate news and our reactions. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Well I guess you interviewed all of them in a séance which makes you an expert. "Keep up your delusion."

IMO many people have different opinions who are alive and those who are dead have different opinions as well. 

The point is, as an American citizen he was exercising his completely legal constitutional rights, which other Americans evidently are more than happy to in effect take those constitutional rights from him, and in the future, from you and me too, whenever they don’t like what we have to say.

Its about the rule of law, ask yourself, what does that say about those that would take those rights from him, or you, me or anyone else? Sounds exactly like what a Putin type does to those that disagrees with him in Russia, he silences them, and worse, and thats just damn UN-American, period! 

Semper Fi 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

The point is, as an American citizen he was exercising his completely legal constitutional rights, and other Americans to include you it would appear, are more than happy to take those constitutional rights from him, and in the future, you and me too, whenever they don’t like what we have to say.

Its about the rule of law, ask yourself, what does that say about those that would take those rights from him, or you, me or anyone else? Sounds exactly like what a Putin type does to those that disagrees with him in Russia, he silences them, and worse, and that’s damn UN-American, period! 

Semper Fi 

Go Bills!!!

I don't think people want to take Kaps constitutional rights of free speech away from him.  What we reject is the idea that practicing those rights is without consequences.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Mickey said:

Not even close. There are many far more inclusive societies and quite a number of them didn't have to endure a bloody civil war that took the lives of thousands upon thousands just to get rid of slavery.  On the Liberty Index, the US currently ranks 26th in the world behind Japan and just ahead of Uruguay.  

Tell me you've never looked at Japan's "inclusiveness" without telling me you've never looked at Japan's inclusiveness.

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Tell me you've never looked at Japan's "inclusiveness" without telling me you've never looked at Japan's inclusiveness.

Japan is a dying society.  Their women want nothing to do with their men and as a result their birth rates are dismal.

At his best he was a bigger, stronger armed Tyrod Taylor.  He wasn't accurate enough to keep the chains moving consistently, and he was pretty much only suited to the Roman style offense.  He isn't a QB who can adapt to another system, he basically requires the system to adapt to him. 

Not to say that Tomsula and Kelly were good NFL coaches, but they were both choosing to trot out gabbert at times based on his ability to grasp their systems.  Just doesn't seem like the type of guy who grasps nfl systems effectively, nor has the ability to read and manipulate defenses.  

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I don't think people want to take Kaps constitutional rights of free speech away from him.  What we reject is the idea that practicing those rights is without consequences.

Kap was not inciting violence, he was not harming others, why should he suffer negative consequences? Really why? he merely pointed out inequalities in our society, where is the harm in doing that?  

Go Bills!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Mickey said:

On the Liberty Index, the US currently ranks 26th in the world behind Japan and just ahead of Uruguay.  

lol...Japan.  Couldn't pick a worse example for your retort to that guy's post.

The only thing that getting another work out with a team does is keep his name in the news but i think we all pretty much know that if the USFL, XFL, or the CFL do not have him on a roster the NFL isn't going to touch him with a 10 foot poll !! 

Then like was said in the Sapp interview if you sue a company in what way do you think they will ever give you another chance at a job makes no sense what so ever !! 

Fade into the sunset Kap !!

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Kap was not inciting violence, he was not harming others, why should he suffer negative consequences? Really why? he merely pointed out inequalities in our society, where is the harm in doing that?  

Go Bills!!!

Remember when he wore these socks at practice?  I don't have any problem with the kneeling or his activism, but portraying police as pigs is not "merely pointing out inequalities".  It is perpetuating the divide, instead of trying to fix the very real problems.  I know this is a very small part of what he has done, but it is often overlooked. 

pigsock.jpg

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1