The Unpopular Opinions Thread

Gugny

12 minutes ago, Rico said:

... only the drunk Canadian is passed out and misses it all. 

This applies to so many more things than a Stones concert.

You could also replace “misses it all” with:

ran over a Tim Horton’s

froze to death in May

woke up in an ER where the puck is being removed.

has vulgar dreams of Celine Dion

gets run over by Marshawn Lynch

Edited by 4merper4mer

12 minutes ago, f0neguy said:

At that Stones concert, George Thorogood was the “warm up” band and his performance was as good as the Stones if not better.  And he played in the rain.  Journey just sucked.

This is a great segue into my next unpopular opinion ... George Thorogood is horrible.  The only song I can even stomach from him is Who Do You Love, and that's a cover tune!  Yes ... he plays a decent slide guitar ... but his music is unlistenable to me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, f0neguy said:

At that Stones concert, George Thorogood was the “warm up” band and his performance was as good as the Stones if not better.  And he played in the rain.  Journey just sucked.

No doubt he was most epic playing in that storm

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'll start with this one:

The Doors sucked and are the most overrated rock band ever.

I don’t think the Doors are the most overrated rock band ever, but I think their music should be retired from radio. It sounds very dated at this point. 

My unpopular opinion is that all bags on an airplane flight must be checked so that boarding and leaving the plane isn’t such a s**tshow. One purse or backpack okay.

The Wire is boring.

4 minutes ago, Rico said:

I have no use for anything Rochester, including their puke on a plate. Good thing there are Bills fans there.

I find it hard to believe that you never owned a Kodak camera, Xeroxed anything, or enjoyed any movie with John Lithgow or Philip Seymour Hoffman in it.

Edited by Logic

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

The Wire is boring.

I find it hard to believe that you never owned a Kodak camera, Xeroxed anything, or enjoyed any movie with John Lithgow or Philip Seymour Hoffman in it.

It's just so, so inferior to Buffalo.

40 minutes ago, Rico said:

Journey opened for the Stones at Rich in 1981, and I will never forget:

Everyone was sitting and bumming in our section waiting for the Stones except for this clown in a SabreJak standing and swaying back & forth to this song. Some drunk to my lower right started poking him with a Canadian flag until he slipped and hit the girl next to him in the face. Her doofus boyfriend gets up, goes over to the drunk, and tries breaking the flag in half over his knee... only it won't break so he sits back down. Journey finally gets booed off the stage, the Stones come out and kickass... only the drunk Canadian is passed out and misses it all. Good times!

I was there too...right up front, on Keefs side of the stage... as I recall, they were being pelted with apples and oranges..only other time I have ever seen that happen was with Joan Jett

• Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is a great segue into my next unpopular opinion ... George Thorogood is horrible.  The only song I can even stomach from him is Who Do You Love, and that's a cover tune!  Yes ... he plays a decent slide guitar ... but his music is unlistenable to me.

I've seen him... every song sounds the same. That's pretty hard to pull off so he's got that going for him. So if you had to choose who would you pick? George or The Doors>

3 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I was there too...right up front, on Keefs side of the stage... as I recall, they were being pelted with apples and oranges..only other time I have ever seen that happen was with Joan Jett

Steve Perry: "People, we love you, but can you just move back a little?"

Drenched Crowd: "***** you, we want the Stones"

I was in a lower section by the stage on Keef's side... stayed up all night after the Dead show at the Aud and needed to be able to sit down, total drugland weekend.

Edited by Rico
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, T&C said:

I've seen him... every song sounds the same. That's pretty hard to pull off so he's got that going for him. So if you had to choose who would you pick? George or The Doors>

Deafness.

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

🎵Na na na na na na
Na na na na na
Na na na na na na
Na na na na na🎶
:nana:
🤔

You've successfully given me an earworm. Lucky for me it's Hey Jude. 😀

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheCockSportif said:

I love how classic rock stations, at least in my market, are now playing Nirvana as "classic rock".  I liked the band decades ago, but yeah, right!

Last year I had an MRI and they asked if I wanted music. I asked for classic rock. They gave me '80s hair bands.

Not everything that's old is classic. A '72 Mustang is a classic. A '72 Pinto is just old.

• Like (+1) 1

Vontae Davis  justified leaving at halftime of the Bills-Chargers home opener a few years back.

The Bills color rush Red Uni's are fugly

Retire the SHOUT song

Edited by muppy
  • Shocked 1

53 minutes ago, Rico said:

It's just so, so inferior to Buffalo.

As a WNY Golfer I can honestly say the golf courses in the Rochester area blow away the courses in the Buffalo area so there's that

My take:

The movie The Usual Suspects is very overrated 

Edited by BillsPride12

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.