The Unpopular Opinions Thread

Gugny

On 7/14/2022 at 10:04 AM, Gugny said:

I've only driven the Frontier to "E" one time.  When I filled it, my guess (based on how much gas it took) is that I'm probably safe for ~30 miles after the light comes on.

I had a rental one time, heading back to the airport and the fuel light came on when the drive to empty estimate was about 35 miles.  (My company would do the pre-pay gas option because sometimes we'd be rushing from a job site to catch a flight and did not want us to miss it while trying to find a gas station) Based on the MPG the car was getting; I really do think it had between 1/2-1 gallon of gas left when I dropped it off. 

On 7/14/2022 at 12:18 PM, teef said:

it's packed, you can't see a thing, the food is meh at best, and now there's tickets needed for every practice, the chances of me going to take the kids are about 5%.

I only go now when I can get the VIP tent tickets for having Club seats. Before then, the early 2000's, I'd go a few times every year, but that was also when there would be 20 or more practices, sometimes even morning and afternoon sessions. 

On 6/27/2022 at 8:29 PM, Logic said:

Sometimes I wish Kelly, Thurman, Bruce, and the rest of the Bills alumni were around a little bit less.

I get serious "Prom King who peaked in high school and never left the small town he grew up in, instead remaining there as a local celebrity and owning a car dealership" vibes from them.

It's like thanks, guys, for everything you did, but the city and fans have been stuck on the early 90s Bills for a quarter century now. Enough is enough. ESPECIALLY now that we have an exciting new era of Bills football. I don't need to see, read about, and hear from Jim Kelly every other Sunday. God bless the man and his family, and thanks for the memories, but at some point, enough is enough.

Wow😱

I think it's perfectly fine more often not to root for more than one team in a sport.  Example of reasons:

You move to a new city

You discover a new city you really love and want to see its sports teams do well

There's players on the team you have followed since college and before

On the team you root for there are guys with horrible character

On the team you love management is inept and doesn't care about the fans

I mean its not like cheating on your partner.  That being said jumping on a teams bandwagon is weak as hell.   example: "Warriors fans" 

On 7/4/2022 at 9:07 AM, Another Fan said:

Wings are okay imo.  It's hardly ever a food I order on its own.  Boneless can even be preferred with me at times because of using a fork and knife 

Heathen 

On 7/14/2022 at 10:33 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

@Mr Info

@LeGOATski

Should I see a shrink?

Why didn’t you tag me here?

• Haha (+1) 1

The obsession that fans have over uniform color combinations, "alternate helmets", and crap like that is ridiculous. If your team is good (or if they suck), they will still be good (or still suck) regardless of the uniform color combo or helmet they are wearing. It's all just opportunities to fleece a fan base out of their hard-earned money to get them to buy more unnecessary crap.

33 minutes ago, DD4Bills said:

The obsession that fans have over uniform color combinations, "alternate helmets", and crap like that is ridiculous. If your team is good (or if they suck), they will still be good (or still suck) regardless of the uniform color combo or helmet they are wearing. It's all just opportunities to fleece a fan base out of their hard-earned money to get them to buy more unnecessary crap.

I was just thinking the same.  And it's like this 12 months/year!!  Crazy.

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Now you're just posting safe opinions. This is popular.

Really?  I thought he was universally (almost) loved ... like the Dave Matthews Band (who also sucks).

On 7/29/2022 at 6:53 AM, Beerball said:

Brittany Williams needs to use less makeup and dress less skankily. (The same can be said for her mother.)

https://nypost.com/2022/07/28/josh-allens-girlfriend-brittany-thanks-mom-for-the-genetics/

Take it with a grain of salt, and I won’t go into any details, but I have heard stories that she has more than a little bit of B word in her. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.