The Unpopular Opinions Thread

Gugny

3 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Care to elaborate? 

well I can’t get into playing golf everyday. Same with fishing. Been on the road in the Rv for a couple years but now that the kids are entering school we’re not homeschooling them so have to stop. Just bored 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

well I can’t get into playing golf everyday. Same with fishing. Been on the road in the Rv for a couple years but now that the kids are entering school we’re not homeschooling them so have to stop. Just bored 

Ok, you have sparked my curiosity. When you say your kids are entering school, do you mean college? Since you are retired, it would seem a little unusual if they were going to elementary school.

On 6/29/2022 at 10:20 PM, Rico said:

One more for today, I’ll post it here cause I don’t really like crapping on the guy BUT:

I see many misguided posters claim that Barry Sanders is the most dominant player ever. Most exciting? OK. Most fun-to-watch? I’ll buy that. Most dominant player ever? Absolutely NOT. The most dominant player, more than any other, will be able to make his team a winner…. a BIG winner. And he never came close there. Not saying it was his fault or anything, it just is what it is. He looked dominant at times, but THE most dominant? PLEASE.

I've been eviscerated by friends for a similar opinion.

As an aside, if someone likes a post in this thread does it mean that they agree with the unpopular opinion or that they agree that it's an unpopular opinion?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Mr Info said:

Ok, you have sparked my curiosity. When you say your kids are entering school, do you mean college? Since you are retired, it would seem a little unusual if they were going to elementary school.

No they’re going into pre k and kindergarten.  I’m 39 so not the the usual age. I need a freaking hobby or something 

11 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

Wow, you must be doing it wrong!

I love not going to work!

Yep. Maybe it's one of those things, like if you retire too early you really can't appreciate it. I, for one, will appreciate it to the fullest.

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

No they’re going into pre k and kindergarten.  I’m 39 so not the the usual age. I need a freaking hobby or something 

If you can't find a hobby, just get a job. Something that has you out in the community.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

All I gotta say is congrats and much respect for being retired at 39!!!

On 6/28/2022 at 9:59 AM, DD4Bills said:

I'll take boneless wings over the "traditional" kind 100% of the time. Hate chomping down on gristle and fat for so little meat. And keep that f'ing blue cheese dressing crap away from me. Ranch and only ranch.

Expelled.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

oboi YEP I have an unpopular opinion that has been written about here at 2bd recently. 

Keep OJ Simpsons name on the ring of fame in our new stadium venue.

How about I really cannot stand NFL Network host Kyle Brandt

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

have you thought of getting a Job?

Walmart Greeters are back in vogue 

I have thought of getting an office job just to see what it's like. I was always self employed and am curious to see what that dynamic looks like.  But then I would feel guilty cause perhaps I'd be taking away someone's job. If I wanted to work more I'd just get back into renovating and building houses but I don't need the stress.  In reality I think I'm gonna become a volunteer fireman. Or open a cigar store/club. Man I feel like I hijacked this thread.

Given the water shortages already occurring and soon to intensify, golf courses — particularly those in the southwest and on the west coast — are stupid and wasteful. The land and water would be better used in almost any other way.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, aristocrat said:

I have thought of getting an office job just to see what it's like. I was always self employed and am curious to see what that dynamic looks like.  But then I would feel guilty cause perhaps I'd be taking away someone's job. If I wanted to work more I'd just get back into renovating and building houses but I don't need the stress.  In reality I think I'm gonna become a volunteer fireman. Or open a cigar store/club. Man I feel like I hijacked this thread.

Trust us.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 hours ago, aristocrat said:

That’s outstanding that you retired so young.

My .02. I could have retired but I love what I do. However, I am no longer employed by anyone. I am a consultant and only take consulting contracts that are interesting. I am compensated well so that’s an added benefit.
I will line up some volunteering activities when my wife is ready to retire. She runs her own business.

Edited by Mr Info

18 hours ago, Logic said:

Given the water shortages already occurring and soon to intensify, golf courses — particularly those in the southwest and on the west coast — are stupid and wasteful. The land and water would be better used in almost any other way.

https://www.12news.com/article/news/local/water-wars/golf-courses-water-shortage-arizona-verify/75-7d259b51-beb6-4047-91ae-c5b244e18708

Electric vehicles suck.

sorry if someone already said this

Edited by LeGOATski

18 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Electric vehicles suck.

sorry if someone already said this

Do you/have you had one? What is the basis for this?

I had one for nearly two years and sold it a few months ago for more than I paid. Most fun and best car I ever owned. Put 10k on it and the only maintenance I had was replacing windshield washer fluid.

Planning to get another later this year.

Edited by Mr Info

5 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

Do you/have you had one? What is the basis for this?

I had one for nearly two years and sold it a few months ago for more than I paid. Most fun and best car I ever owned. Put 10k on it and the only maintenance I had was replacing windshield washer fluid.

Planning to get another later this year.

Yeah, they don't put off that sweet smell of gasoline or rumble with the soothing sound of an internal combustion engine. You also can't do a long road trip in them. Plus, most of them look like crap. So far, in conclusion, they suck balls.

Did I mention you can't get a stick shift either? WTF electric cars?

43 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, they don't put off that sweet smell of gasoline or rumble with the soothing sound of an internal combustion engine. You also can't do a long road trip in them. Plus, most of them look like crap. So far, in conclusion, they suck balls.

Did I mention you can't get a stick shift either? WTF electric cars?

My feedback. I did plenty of trips from central VA to WNY in my Tesla. Only 2 quick stops en route every 3 hrs which just allowed enuf time to pee and get a quick snack. No issues with long trips…at least on east coast.

i understand the manual tranny like but EVs blow away any muscle car off a stop or on a highway…at least any that I raced.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.