The Unpopular Opinions Thread

Gugny

On 6/26/2022 at 11:42 AM, Draconator said:

9/11 was an inside job

Unpopular, but absolutely true.

We should soon be able to see the real 9/11 perps confess to their horrible crimes. You have seen them before, but I won't spoil the ending for you.

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, Rockpile233 said:

Working from home is awful. You don’t get as much done and your internal relationships are suffering, stop fooling yourself.

Adults who get excited for children’s movies are nuts.

Corned beef is disgusting and anyone who likes a Reuben sandwich is nuts.

Not only do I enjoy Thursday night football, I wish they put a game on every night of the week during the season.

A) I do not enjoy corned beef OR pastrami.

B) If a Reuben is not greasy, is it still a Reuben? 

1 hour ago, T&C said:

1/3 of the people who claim that they are Vietnam vets are not Vietnam vets.

The definition of Vietnam vet is a bit murky. For many purposes it is enough if you served in the US Armed Forces between 1964 and 1975, independent whether you actually were in Vietnam or not.

Personal story at the side: Several years ago I went with my daughter to the LBJ Library in Dallas. When we were about to pay our entrance fee, the guy asked me if I was a veteran. I joked that I had been in the German army, but that would usually not count. Well, he said, today it counts, and he sold me a "Former Military" ticket. This made my day - I still have the ticket.

Edited by DrW

49 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Drinking beer for the most part is unappealing 

Beer’s only purpose is to catch a buzz, even the best brews to me don’t start tasting good until after the 3rd or 4th. I would never drink a beer with a meal, Diet Coke all the way.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Rico said:

Beer’s only purpose is to catch a buzz, even the best brews to me don’t start tasting good until after the 3rd or 4th. I would never drink a beer with a meal, Diet Coke all the way.

Not you:

• Haha (+1) 1

One more for today, I’ll post it here cause I don’t really like crapping on the guy BUT:

I see many misguided posters claim that Barry Sanders is the most dominant player ever. Most exciting? OK. Most fun-to-watch? I’ll buy that. Most dominant player ever? Absolutely NOT. The most dominant player, more than any other, will be able to make his team a winner…. a BIG winner. And he never came close there. Not saying it was his fault or anything, it just is what it is. He looked dominant at times, but THE most dominant? PLEASE.

Edited by Rico
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Rockpile233 said:

Working from home is awful. You don’t get as much done and your internal relationships are suffering, stop fooling yourself.

You are crazy.  You get WAY more done working from home.

At the office, when you go to get a cup of coffee:  You head toward the coffee machine, on the way, you get stopped 5 times for either small talk or work talk.  You finally get to the coffee machine ... notice the pot is empty ... you make a pot and wait.  You finally get to pour your cup of joe and you engage in more small talk and finally head back to your office.  On the way, you get stopped a few more times for talk, talk, talk .. then finally get back to do some work.

At home, when you go to get a cup of coffee:  You head to the kitchen.  Pop a K Cup in.  Wait one minute.  Grab your coffee.  Then go back to work.

Same goes for lunch and breaks!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Drinking beer for the most part is unappealing 

You should see me do it.  Its very appealing, if you catch my drift, and I hope that you do.

12 hours ago, Rockpile233 said:

Adults who get excited for children’s movies are nuts.

Corned beef is disgusting and anyone who likes a Reuben sandwich is nuts.

Not only do I enjoy Thursday night football, I wish they put a game on every night of the week during the season.

The topic is unpopular opinions not unacceptable, hate speech.  

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

You are crazy.  You get WAY more done working from home.

At the office, when you go to get a cup of coffee:  You head toward the coffee machine, on the way, you get stopped 5 times for either small talk or work talk.  You finally get to the coffee machine ... notice the pot is empty ... you make a pot and wait.  You finally get to pour your cup of joe and you engage in more small talk and finally head back to your office.  On the way, you get stopped a few more times for talk, talk, talk .. then finally get back to do some work.

At home, when you go to get a cup of coffee:  You head to the kitchen.  Pop a K Cup in.  Wait one minute.  Grab your coffee.  Then go back to work.

Same goes for lunch and breaks!

When I grab a cup of coffee at home, I stop at the TV and play video games. 

10 hours ago, DrW said:

The definition of Vietnam vet is a bit murky. For many purposes it is enough if you served in the US Armed Forces between 1964 and 1975, independent whether you actually were in Vietnam or not.

Personal story at the side: Several years ago I went with my daughter to the LBJ Library in Dallas. When we were about to pay our entrance fee, the guy asked me if I was a veteran. I joked that I had been in the German army, but that would usually not count. Well, he said, today it counts, and he sold me a "Former Military" ticket. This made my day - I still have the ticket.

Did they not have campaign badges back then? Like, I wouldn't say I was an Iraq War vet unless I had a specific campaign badge.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.