The Unpopular Opinions Thread

Gugny

14 hours ago, Augie said:

And I had such hope for you!  :)

Please forward your address so I can mail you all the Golden Retriever sheddings we collect daily. 

OK…….maybe cats aren’t ALL bad compared to Goldens, but that’s the only knock on Goldens. Cats? Don’t get me started. I now understand the reason my mother told us she was allergic to cats until I was about 25. 

Enjoy your popcorn!!! 

How do I upvote your mother?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DD4Bills said:

I'll take boneless wings over the "traditional" kind 100% of the time. Hate chomping down on gristle and fat for so little meat. And keep that f'ing blue cheese dressing crap away from me. Ranch and only ranch.

I like boneless and traditional, and I like blue cheese and ranch. Any old port in a storm.

16 hours ago, snafu said:

Bill Murray is the most overrated actor of all time.

And he seems like a douchy guy.

Bill Murray > Chevy Chase

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rico said:

I like boneless and traditional, and I like blue cheese and ranch. Any old port in a storm.

Bill Murray > Chevy Chase

Chevy Chase is so bad that nobody rates him as an as an actor.
He can’t be overrated. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

This is a fair take in my opinion....and this is coming from someone who probably wouldn't be as diehard of a Bills fan today without the influence of that era.  It was just BEATEN to death over the next 25 years.  Thank God for Allen/McDermott/Beane and company because I don't know how much more "Nostalgia" we could've squeezed out of that era if those guys came never came along and we continued to suck.  Even before that run I know a lot of people were reaching a breaking point on the 90s Nostalgia.

With that said now that those guys are taking more of a background seat and just playing the role of being Bills fans to the new guys I don't mind that.

Well you know I'm as nostalgic as you get and I thought his take was very fair.

Yeah 2015ish I think when the Four Falls of Buffalo premiered on ESPN the nostalgia was getting old but that program did put a little battery in that backpack.  But it only lasted so long.  

Every now and then it's nice to relive some moments or what not but yeah it's a continuously beaten dead horse 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Well you know I'm as nostalgic as you get and I thought his take was very fair.

Yeah 2015ish I think when the Four Falls of Buffalo premiered on ESPN the nostalgia was getting old but that program did put a little battery in that backpack.  But it only lasted so long.  

Every now and then it's nice to relive some moments or what not but yeah it's a continuously beaten dead horse 

Yeah I remember talking about it with people on this board when the 30 for 30 was getting released.  I was excited for it and looking forward to it but was also saying after that we need to put a nail in the coffin and bury the 90s Super Bowl years Nostalgia.  Many people agreed and seemed to be at that point as well.  I think around then is when it started dying down a little bit but it was still there.  Once the 2020 season happened and Allen broke out I think the 90s era was officially buried and for the first time since the drought started people became wrapped up in living in the present finally.  It still feels pretty glorious lol

• Agree 1

The Rocky movies are mostly garbage. About 5 good minutes in the beginning, and 10-12 good minutes at the end. It’s like HGTV, show me the house, then come back for the last 3 minutes. :)

We are watching Hustle now with Adam Sandler. Only half way thru, but it feels similar to a Rocky movie, but the middle is not as calorie free. I know….an Adam Sandler movie……Rocky….   🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Drafting Todd Collins instead of Rob Johnson in 1995 was the bigger mistake than trading for Johnson and signing Doug Flutie in 1998. 

No question.   Collins was a non-talent.  Johnson and Flutie failed to pan out but for that era of quarterbacking in the NFL they provided the Bills effective QB play in general......until the MCM.......after which the gutting of the team commenced and was complete by 2001.

With the Bills dominant defense of the late 90's a powerful coach like the 70's/80's Don Shula could have won a SB with Flutie and Johnson platoon at QB.

Wade Phillips just didn't have the balls or clout(or sometimes even common sense to wear a headset) to be able to just play the hot hand or matchup advantage in-games.    They were more athletic and different stylistically than the Earl Morral/Bob Griese combo.........and they were damn sure better than the David Woodley/ Don Strock combo that Shula also took to a SB. 

1 hour ago, The Poojer said:

Not a fan of s'mores 

You gotta try one with a Reese's peanut butter cup.

But would that still be a s'more?  I don't know.

Is a margherita pizza with onion still a margherita pizza???  @SDS

people who complain about the heat are the worst.  i completely understand how uncomfortable the heat is for a few months, but whhhhaaaaa!  all you have to do is stay inside and look at the sun.  thinking you'd be more comfortable and have more enjoyment in a north east winter is completely wrong, so shut your rotten ***** mouths.  

Edited by teef
  • Agree 4

I was thinking of really lame bands who made it big & stopped at The Police. Biggest tw*t in entertainment for a front man, how the hell did they sell out football stadiums? I admit, the first album had some good stuff on it, but it was all downhill after that for these poseurs. A definite relic of their time, at least they had the decency to only put out 5 albums. De-do-do-do, de-da-da-da. :thumbdown:

Edited by Rico
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Working from home is awful. You don’t get as much done and your internal relationships are suffering, stop fooling yourself.

Adults who get excited for children’s movies are nuts.

Corned beef is disgusting and anyone who likes a Reuben sandwich is nuts.

Not only do I enjoy Thursday night football, I wish they put a game on every night of the week during the season.

Edited by Rockpile233

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.