The Unpopular Opinions Thread

Gugny

Just now, 716er said:

Most soup sucks. I do not understand the hoopla over soggy veggies and overcooked meats.

Also most chili has the literal flavor of vomit. 

Maybe you don’t have enough of a sample size of vomit? You should try working on that first, before acting like an expert.     :)

• Haha (+1) 1

Random Buffalo Bills ones:

I was born in the 80s but still can't conceive how the Miami dominance of the club in the 70s was worse than the Patriots dominance for 20 years 

Leodis McKelvin was a very good Bill overall who gets most remembered though for the 09' NE fumble and 14' KC game fumble.  I'll admit the 09 NE one can be hard to overlook.

Been following the team/a fan since the 90s.  2012 was the year of biggest disappointment for me in terms of meeting expectations prior to the season 

Edited by Another Fan

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I have an old tennis buddy in Florida who I used to go to lunch with a lot after tennis.  He would explain he was “allergic” to onions when it appeared his entire family just didn’t like them, but he was convinced it was an actual allergy. I smelled BS there. 

BUT, the big thing was the pickle. He’d say NO PICKLE, and as the server walked away I’d repeat “SERIOUSLY! NO PICKLES!”  Nice guy in his 50’s-60’s at the time. Very accomplished and wealthy by family and on his own, but………..if a pickle came out on his plate he would whine like a four year old who missed his nap! “You can’t fix that! It was on the plate! ALL the food is contaminated!!!” 

It was awkward and VERY painful. 

Wait, is that you John?

5 hours ago, Rico said:

Rush never put out a beginning-to-end great album, All The World's A Stage came closest. Last good one was Permanent Waves, then Motion Pictures & Signals had their moments. The weakest link by far is Neil Peart's cheeseball lyrics.

I think Rush, Fly By Night, Caress of Steel, 2112, A Farewell to Kings and Hemispheres were all excellent, front to back.  I'll add the two live albums in that span, too.  After that, yeah ... they started declining.

I'll also respectfully disagree re: Peart's lyrics.  I thought they were phenomenal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Logic said:

Sometimes I wish Kelly, Thurman, Bruce, and the rest of the Bills alumni were around a little bit less.

I get serious "Prom King who peaked in high school and never left the small town he grew up in, instead remaining there as a local celebrity and owning a car dealership" vibes from them.

It's like thanks, guys, for everything you did, but the city and fans have been stuck on the early 90s Bills for a quarter century now. Enough is enough. ESPECIALLY now that we have an exciting new era of Bills football. I don't need to see, read about, and hear from Jim Kelly every other Sunday. God bless the man and his family, and thanks for the memories, but at some point, enough is enough.

This is a fair take in my opinion....and this is coming from someone who probably wouldn't be as diehard of a Bills fan today without the influence of that era.  It was just BEATEN to death over the next 25 years.  Thank God for Allen/McDermott/Beane and company because I don't know how much more "Nostalgia" we could've squeezed out of that era if those guys came never came along and we continued to suck.  Even before that run I know a lot of people were reaching a breaking point on the 90s Nostalgia.

With that said now that those guys are taking more of a background seat and just playing the role of being Bills fans to the new guys I don't mind that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Bar Bill wings aren't the best and are NOT the gold standard for wings in BFLo area... Not by a mile. 😏 

Propaganda/bougie settings/marketing and groupthink makes them hands down favorite.  People haven't tried the best. But, ignorance isn't stupidity,  that's all they know!

Overrated!

Beef on wreck is a "hot roast beef sammich" and should be treated as one.  Served w/gravy... Because it was invented by working men... Not pencil pushing closers who dabble on weekends w/the "Salt of the Earth."

Gee... I love ❤️😍 thread and emoji use!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

10 hours ago, Augie said:

And I had such hope for you!  :)

Please forward your address so I can mail you all the Golden Retriever sheddings we collect daily. 

OK…….maybe cats aren’t ALL bad compared to Goldens, but that’s the only knock on Goldens. Cats? Don’t get me started. I now understand the reason my mother told us she was allergic to cats until I was about 25. 

Enjoy your popcorn!!! 

my cat would definitely kick your goldens behind augie. He's Fierce. From his mothers womb he was  abandoned to die (that mean B word of a mother he had).

Just not a cat you'd wanna mess with. Bad to the bone. DEFINITELY

okay now as far as the thread goes . Pitbulls are some of the sweetest dogs on the planet

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The Jets are gonna win AFCeast.

"Disco" albums rock...

The Rolling Stones really do suck most of the time, except for this cheeseball #13 hit... And it was written and jettisoned years earlier on Goats Head Soup...

Good song, but a quick piss break when it was added later on the 81 tour

1 hour ago, muppy said:

okay now as far as the thread goes . Pitbulls are some of the sweetest dogs on the planet

In reality, they are! Mine is so lovable! Sure he has a mean bark, and will jump on you when he meets you, but within 5 minutes he's curled up on your lap and giving you kisses. Same with my SIL's pities. They are just love bugs! 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Draconator said:

In reality, they are! Mine is so lovable! Sure he has a mean bark, and will jump on you when he meets you, but within 5 minutes he's curled up on your lap and giving you kisses. Same with my SIL's pities. They are just love bugs! 

it isn't a popular opinion though. I adore mine. and my pittie steers clear of the bad cat. She is VERY smart 🙂

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Bar Bill wings aren't the best and are NOT the gold standard for wings in BFLo area... Not by a mile. 😏 

New Bar Bill sucked the one time I went there. I have been to the East Aurora Bar Bill a few times and it has been good. Best in the area, though? Hell no.

That would be BJ's in Fredonia

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.