The Unpopular Opinions Thread

Gugny

45 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'll start with this one:

The Doors sucked and are the most overrated rock band ever.

I agree with your opinion.  Maybe I’d say “one of the most” because of the existence of Bruce Springsteen but that is splitting heirs.

My entry was going to be that intelligent aliens do not now and have never existed in our galaxy and most likely anywhere else in the universe but I realized that I’d need to start an “unpopular facts” thread for that.

For opinion I’ll go with: “Mets notwithstanding, baseball, despite all its management and organizational issues, has always been and remains the most perfect sport invented by man in its diversity of skill sets, symmetry of gameplay, and balance of challenge to mind and body.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Very, very dated… a relic of their era.

31 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

You misspelled Journey.

Your post is OT, saying Journey sucks is a popular opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

🎵Na na na na na na
Na na na na na
Na na na na na na
Na na na na na🎶
Is it 'na', or is it 'nyah'?
:nana:
🤔

I once counted the nahs whilst stuck in traffic.  I forgot the number, though.

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

There is a decent local radio station- they play Tool, Nirvana, Audioslave- but then they add in Journey and Bon Jovi and ***** like that

journey is corporate cheese rock lol

Linkin Park sucks

I love how classic rock stations, at least in my market, are now playing Nirvana as "classic rock".  I liked the band decades ago, but yeah, right!

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

There is a decent local radio station- they play Tool, Nirvana, Audioslave- but then they add in Journey and Bon Jovi and ***** like that

journey is corporate cheese rock lol

Linkin Park sucks

I think Journey was good through Escape.  After that ... crap.

@Draconatorwill like this opinion ... every Rush album after Signals was garbage and Moving Pictures was their last great album.

36 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

🎵Na na na na na na
Na na na na na
Na na na na na na
Na na na na na🎶
Is it 'na', or is it 'nyah'?
:nana:
🤔

Journey opened for the Stones at Rich in 1981, and I will never forget:

Everyone was sitting and bumming in our section waiting for the Stones except for this clown in a SabreJak standing and swaying back & forth to this song. Some drunk to my lower right started poking him with a Canadian flag until he slipped and hit the girl next to him in the face. Her doofus boyfriend gets up, goes over to the drunk, and tries breaking the flag in half over his knee... only it won't break so he sits back down. Journey finally gets booed off the stage, the Stones come out and kickass... only the drunk Canadian is passed out and misses it all. Good times!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rico said:

Journey opened for the Stones at Rich in 1981, and I will never forget:

Everyone was sitting and bumming in our section waiting for the Stones except for this clown in a SabreJak standing and swaying back & forth to this song. Some drunk to my lower right started poking him with a Canadian flag until he slipped and hit the girl next to him in the face. Her doofus boyfriend gets up, goes over to the drunk, and tries breaking the flag in half over his knee... only it won't break so he sits back down. Journey finally gets booed off the stage, the Stones come out and kickass... only the drunk Canadian is passed out and misses it all. Good times!

This is a fantastic story on so many levels.

The only one I can tell that comes close is when I went to the Vixen/White Lion/Ozzy concert in Glens Falls, NY, on July 01, 1989.

When White Lion played their hit "When the Children Cry," (which is not a love song, but slow), a guy and his girlfriend starting slow dancing on the stairs.  Another dude told them to sit the f*ck down.  Next thing you know, the other dude's girlfriend starts swinging at the girl dancing, then the guys get to swinging.  It was awesome.  All four got tossed and never got to see Ozzy.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Ever? Strong statement that is unpopular with me anyways lol. Manzarek, Krieger and Densmore had more talent than KISS could ever dream of... and I like a lot of KISS music. 

I like the Stones but I think Exile on Main St. sucks.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.