Random Bills’ Games Stuck in the Memory Bank

WotAGuy

19 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Lots of QBs started as backups - Joe Ferguson Jr., Patrick Mahomes, Kurt Warner, Aaron Rodgers, Teflon "GOAT (in cheating)" QB, etc.

Some needed to move to new teams; some needed time to mature or for QB ahead on depth chart to retire, leave or be traded.

IMO a backup QB is a QB who played as backup in majority of career.

At 2:59 there is "Just give it to them".  At time there was clips on sports show with Zebras speaking it and future clips from NFL did not.

That DPI was a total BS call also.

• Agree 1

The McFumble game against the Patriots, Trent Edwards played better than Brady for almost the whole game, we were up by 11 with close to two minutes left. It was a prime time game, I was visiting my now departed Grandma out of state and things felt great until..... There was honestly no reason we should have lost that one except for one fatal mistake. 

I got a few random memory games:

2003- Bills Skins 24-7 win This was the game Rob Johnson came in to replace poor Patrick Ramsey who got wrecked all day. 

2010- Bills Ravens OT 37-34 loss Fitz was amazing and I always felt the Bills got hosed in OT as our TE Chandler I think might have been Robert Royal was stopped in terms of forward progress and the refs instead of blowing it dead let Ray Lewis pick him up and Raven ripped the ball out

2012- Bills Browns 24-14 win The Bills did their business and the defense looked good for a second straight week after an awful opener. It was fools gold as it felt like ok maybe they can get it going to at least make the playoffs. That team had too many games they snatched defeat from victory and the schedule was so dang light.

2013- Bills Phins 19-0 Thad freaking Lewis and the Bills ended the Phins playoff hopes. More importantly the tailgate had the wildest wind storm/gust I ever saw as this massive front game through and flipped over every tent imaginable. It was like something out of a sci fi movie.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/25/2022 at 3:14 PM, Limeaid said:

Date:      November 24, 1996 

Jim Kelly once said that no one could cover Steve Tasker as a wide receiver and he proved it that day. 

num89.gif Steve Tasker had the most productive offensive game of his career as a Wide Receiver as he racked up 160 yards on 6 catches with 2 touchdowns vs. NJ Jets. His 160 yards receiving vs. Jets was 8 more yards than he recorded in his first 10 seasons in the league. 

Unfortunately his kamikaze catches made him a target for the Jets' back-field and he injured his knee in the game.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199611240buf.htm

Chris Berman Recap

A Tisker a Tasker 😆 God i loved Boomers game recaps his were the best of all time !

Tasker needs to be in the Hall just saying the dude was the swiss army knife for the Bills !! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/26/2022 at 8:14 AM, Milano said:

At NE 1998. Bills 7-4 NE 6-5. The "just give it to them" game. PI in end zone last play of the game.

Still p*ssed.

That game had serious consequences. Jet were the Division winners, Bills, Dolphins, Pats were the wild cards in the conf.

(I know, 4 teams from one division, crazy right?)

But for that BS officiating in Foxboro, Dolphins would have played Bills in Buffalo in January, not South Florida.

Bills lost in Miami 24-17 with a sh*t-ton of help from the officials again. 

s

The 98 season is the first I truly remember as a fan where I look back and kinda know watching a bunch of games week in week out. This one I distinctly remember watching with my father and he lost it when the refs did this. The PI afterwards was even worse because it is a call that never happens. 

I watched back the Bills Phins 98 playoff game and that game was freaking wild. You really felt like Flutie was going to tie the game as he was magical all year. I remember the moment he fumbled I went upstairs to rip up my Dolphins trading cards I was so mad, Dad stopped me haha.

• Thank you (+1) 1

There was a game early in 1989 where we beat the Oilers in Houston 47-41 in OT.  Crazy back and forth game in which we were hosed on multiple calls.  So much so there was a spoof on Saturday Night Live the following week with John Goodman on the refs who called the game.

I remember watching this game on a small black and white TV in our kitchen.  Affraid to go to the living room or i'd jinx the Bills.  I would have been 12 I think.  88 made me a fan, but 89 was the first season I recall vividly.  Damn Ronnie Harmon...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198909240oti.htm

Edited by Bills fan since 87
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Dec 30, 1995

Playoffs

Miami at Buffalo

Kelly vs Marino 

Miami receives kickoff and crowd was so noisy Marino called time out before first snap of the ball. It got worse for him from there.

24 to 0 half time

Bills run wild, Thurman 150+ yds, Darik Holmes and team had 340 yds rushing

My 10 year old son was with me and still talks about crowd that day. 

Thurman is still his favorite Bill of all time

On 6/28/2022 at 11:14 AM, corta765 said:

Bills got hosed in OT as our TE Chandler I think might have been Robert Royal was stopped in terms of forward progress and the refs instead of blowing it dead let Ray Lewis pick him up and Raven ripped the ball out

The TE on that play was Shawn Nelson.  Never materialized to be a good player in the league.  Play should have been blown dead

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Dec 30, 1995

Playoffs

Miami at Buffalo

Kelly vs Marino 

Miami receives kickoff and crowd was so noisy Marino called time out before first snap of the ball. It got worse for him from there.

24 to 0 half time

Bills run wild, Thurman 150+ yds, Darik Holmes and team had 340 yds rushing

My 10 year old son was with me and still talks about crowd that day. 

Thurman is still his favorite Bill of all time

Scalped a ticket along Abbott Road and sat about 2 rows up along the end of the Bills bench. Such a dominant performance and so much fun seeing Shula get his ass kicked in his last game. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

I remember watching this Gem at the Northstar in SF... feels like 8 lifetimes ago.  I was so excited thinking 'finally, we've got a real quarterback!!'

I got a great photo of Peters pulling in that catch up high from the corner end zone season seats we had. JP was our great QB hope.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/25/2022 at 3:18 PM, Another Fan said:

2nd to last game in 2011 vs the Broncos on Christmas Eve:  The Bills had just lost like 8 in a row and this was during the height of Tebow mania.  I thought for sure it'd be a loss.  On the old BBMB fans were joking it'd be a Rocky 4 like scene:  Our people cheer for him!!!

But very surprisingly to me the Bills completely dominated that day.  Tim was awful

Last game of the year in 2012 against the Jets.  A very very disappointing season in my eyes.  But still seeing the Bills beat the Jets at home on the final game felt good.  Jets had beat the Bills 6 in a row prior.  I still remember CJ Spiller on a 3d and 13 taking it to the house.  He could fly!!!!

Memorable in that it was Chan and Fitz's last Bill game 

I was going to post about that game, it was my first bills game that I attended.

• Like (+1) 1

Man I could think of alot. First game that comes to mind (at least for dissapointing losses) is 2004 season finale against the Steelers. It was the first bills game I ever attended. We had the playoffs handed to us with the steelers 3rd stringers. Was ready for the crowd to be rowdy and pumped at the end, and well, we all know how it ended. Oddly, even though at that point we hadn't been to the playoffs since 99, I feel like the dark ages really started after that game. Enter losman, dick jauron, trent Edwards and so on 🙄. Holy cow how did we live through that 

Edited by Steptide
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.