Besides the stadium, what are some special BUFFALO BILLS places to see or experience in the upstate New York area

BillsFan619

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The only Buffalo Bills related attraction I can think of would be to venture into the East Side of town and look at the site of the former "Rock Pile" or War Memorial Stadium where the Bills used to play until the current stadium was built in the early '70s.  OJ Simpson made a lot of his history there.  

There isn't much of the old stadium left now, but there is still something to see. 

This also has the double benefit of being about 2 blocks from the site of the recent Tops grocery store mass killing if have a morbid fascination in seeing where that took place.

590px-War_Memorial_Stadium_Rockpile.JPG

To be honest…OJ made very little history at The Rockpile. His 2,000 yard record season came in 1973 after the Bills had moved to Rich Stadium. 

It depends on how long you will be in town. But I think you've been given a vast list already. Or maybe an architectural tour. Buffalo has amazing architecture as well as the Frank Lloyd Homes as stated. I love the check in the Buffalo paper for their current events page. There may be something really cool happening when you are there to pique your families interest. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Good recommendations.  If you go to Cleveland for the Rock Hall I’d also recommend going to the West Side Market (Steve’s Gyros is great) and the Cleveland Museum of Art, if you’re into that sort of thing.

Buffalo has a very nice art gallery of its own, with works by Van Gogh, Cezanne, Rodin, Monet among many others.

https://www.albrightknox.org/  EDIT: Whoops, closed for construction.

8 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The only Buffalo Bills related attraction I can think of would be to venture into the East Side of town and look at the site of the former "Rock Pile" or War Memorial Stadium where the Bills used to play until the current stadium was built in the early '70s.  OJ Simpson made a lot of his history there.  

There isn't much of the old stadium left now, but there is still something to see. 

This also has the double benefit of being about 2 blocks from the site of the recent Tops grocery store mass killing if you have a morbid fascination in seeing where that took place.

590px-War_Memorial_Stadium_Rockpile.JPG

If you want to see the Rockpile, just watch The Natural.  The stadium scenes were filmed there.

Edited by Dan Darragh
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2022 at 7:39 PM, BillsFan619 said:

Hey bills mafia!

My family and I are traveling from SoCal to upstate New York at the beginning of July. It’s not as glamorous as it sounds, we’re driving. 😳😱 That said, it will be fun.

I was curious, is there any special Buffalo bills places to see or experience besides the stadium? We’re just going to miss training camp and we’ve been in and seen the stadium many times.

I love being immersed in the bills because I’ve never lived in the area. So, is there a Buffalo Bills restaurant, a top-notch Buffalo Bills bar, a Buffalo Bills store (besides at the stadium) that has tons of bills merchandise, a place in the city or surrounding area(s) that’s just littered with bills stuff everywhere and pays homage to the bills,  a Buffalo Bills experience that’s in the city or surrounding areas? Or, whatever you can think of that’s Buffalo Bills related.

Maybe there’s nothing, but I thought I would ask. Thanks and go Bills!

Of course there is always Niagara Falls, Old Fort Niagara is pretty cool if you are into regional history & I highly recommend Lonova pizzeria OMG they have a great pizza of course but they also have a southern type barbecue chicken wing that is off the hook !!  

Oh and a trip down along the Niagara gorge is pretty cool too .

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.