Besides the stadium, what are some special BUFFALO BILLS places to see or experience in the upstate New York area

BillsFan619

Hey bills mafia!

My family and I are traveling from SoCal to upstate New York at the beginning of July. It’s not as glamorous as it sounds, we’re driving. 😳😱 That said, it will be fun.

I was curious, is there any special Buffalo bills places to see or experience besides the stadium? We’re just going to miss training camp and we’ve been in and seen the stadium many times.

I love being immersed in the bills because I’ve never lived in the area. So, is there a Buffalo Bills restaurant, a top-notch Buffalo Bills bar, a Buffalo Bills store (besides at the stadium) that has tons of bills merchandise, a place in the city or surrounding area(s) that’s just littered with bills stuff everywhere and pays homage to the bills,  a Buffalo Bills experience that’s in the city or surrounding areas? Or, whatever you can think of that’s Buffalo Bills related.

Maybe there’s nothing, but I thought I would ask. Thanks and go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• BillsFan619 changed the title to Besides the stadium, what are some special Buffalo Bills places to see or experience in the upstate New York area
11 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I think a trip to Canton to visit the HoF would be worth it to see the legendary Bills there.

Good suggestion. I’ve never been.

it’s about four hours from Buffalo. Is it expensive to get in?

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

I’ve never been.

Since you’re driving, it might be (almost) on your way? 

A lady who works with my wife just went to visit her friend in Buffalo a few weeks ago. She knew more about Buffalo in a few days than I did when i left at 17 for college!

I wish I had her itinerary, as they covered it all: City Hall and the viewing floor; Frank Lloyd Wright house; museums; Niagara Falls (do NOT miss the Maid of the Mist); Beef on weck with wings, and much more……..

EDIT: They actually went to Toronto and had a drink at the highest elevated bar in North America (so they said). 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

Beef on Weck at Schwabl's in West Seneca.

Fish fry at Wiechec's Lounge in Kaisertown.

OneFootCock liquor sampling at Buffalo Distilling Co. in East Buffalo.

Buffalo wings at Anchor Bar in downtown Buffalo.

Niagara Falls, of course.

Letchworth State Park because, awesomeness.

Edited by Peace Frog
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, BillsFan619 said:

Good suggestion. I’ve never been.

$33 for each adult (13-64). $29 for 65+. $26 for 6-12. Under 6 is free. $10 for parking. Free if you just go to the gift shop or if you join.

https://www.profootballhof.com/visit/

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

• BillsFan619 changed the title to Besides the stadium, what are some special BUFFALO BILLS places to see or experience in the upstate New York area

A lot of people are suggesting great WNY things that have nothing to do with the Bills :lol:

To answer the OP's question it's a must to stop in the Big Tree Inn for some drinks and wings.  Historic little dive bar on the corner of Abbott right by where the stadium is.  There's some pretty cool Bills memorabilia hanging in the bar and it's important to keep in mind that is the infamous watering hole of a lot of the players and legends themselves.  Plus the atmosphere in there is always a blast. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I don't think you are going to find a lot of "Buffalo Bills places"..........the Bills are just part of the fabric of the community........there are public displays of affection for the Bills all over but it more like that........little bits everywhere.   As people have mentioned, the things to visit are places like Niagara Falls(including the more touristy Canadian side) and a great state park like Letchworth and, of course,   all the regional food places.   The stadium is nice to visit and the Bills store is open year round there but you will find that when you roll up that it's a huge parking lot and stadium dropped into the outskirts of a middle class neighborhood.   

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Beef on Weck at Schwabl's in West Seneca.

Fish fry at Wiechec's Lounge in Kaisertown.

OneFootCock liquor sampling at Buffalo Distilling Co. in East Buffalo.

Buffalo wings at Anchor Bar in downtown Buffalo.

Niagara Falls, of course.

Letchworth State Park because, awesomeness.

Good ideas, but back on the day Eckels, in OP was better for beef on Weck.  Schwab else was like white bread 30 years ago.  Letchworth with that 3000ft. Gorge was fantastic.  I also am particular to Chestnut Ridge in the Southtowns.  

If going to the Falls, Maid if the Mist is great, but Cave of the winds with clothes that dry is even better.  619, on the American side, you can walk underneath some of the Falls.  You’ll be soaking wet, but it’s worth it.

Have a great time bud and put up some pics when you get back.  You know the crew would love it.  

I might be up for the Steelers game.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SaratogaMike said:

you can go see the area Joseph Smith found the Golden Plates in Palmyra New York, or maybe go visit some peelers in Niagara Falls Canada.

For the authentic seedy feel I believe establishments need to have, I recommend Colonie Lounge lol the mixed excitement of girls you can take home, with "will I get shot", creates quite the rush

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

A lot of people are suggesting great WNY things that have nothing to do with the Bills :lol:

To answer the OP's question it's a must to stop in the Big Tree Inn for some drinks and wings.  Historic little dive bar on the corner of Abbott right by where the stadium is.  There's some pretty cool Bills memorabilia hanging in the bar and it's important to keep in mind that is the infamous watering hole of a lot of the players and legends themselves.  Plus the atmosphere in there is always a blast. 

As an out-of-state Bills fan the only Bills place I normally visit in Buffalo is the gift shop at the stadium. 

If you've heard the sordid stories, the Big Tree Inn would be a good second stop. 

I'm hard pressed to think of any worthy Bills places worth visiting.  Is there any kind of marker when the Rockpile used to be?

Almost forgot: I learned the Buffalo History Museum has a Bills exhibit though I haven't seen it yet.  

• Like (+1) 1

The OP asks an interesting question but having been to dozens of NFL cities I cannot say that any of them have team related sights to see, other than the stadium itself.

Something that I didn’t see mentioned here however is that you can still drive by the site of the old Rockpile. If I recall, it’s a sports park now but they did preserve the original stadium entry structures on the street corner.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.