Sunday Ticket Negotiations

Buffalo Boy

6 hours ago, The Dean said:

DirecTV has an online streaming option now. No dish needed. And I don't think you need to prove you can't use a dish. Open for all, is what I'm getting:

https://www.directv.com/stream/

You may be right. My answer was in response to @Xwnyer who posted, "Would actually be great since I am moving in October n can’t put a dish up until HOA approves likely 2 months after move in." My point was that the HOA cannot stop you from putting up a DTV or Dish Network satellite on your property and you don't need their permission. They are all bark and no bite.  Attempting to put up one of those big C-Band dishes is another story.

1 hour ago, ExWNYer said:

You may be right. My answer was in response to @Xwnyer who posted, "Would actually be great since I am moving in October n can’t put a dish up until HOA approves likely 2 months after move in." My point was that the HOA cannot stop you from putting up a DTV or Dish Network satellite on your property and you don't need their permission. They are all bark and no bite.  Attempting to put up one of those big C-Band dishes is another story.

Yes I know.  Mostly I was just supplying this info as I didn't see it mentioned. No need for the dish at all, it seems. Perhaps Xwner can skip the HOA fuss altogether. 

• Like (+1) 1

“According to CNBC, Amazon, Apple, and Disney have all placed bids to be the exclusive streaming service for the NFL’s Sunday Ticket. DirecTV currently has rights to the NFL Sunday Ticket but is not renewing after the 2022-2023 season.”

from link I posted

2 hours ago, The Dean said:

Right

I see absolutely ZERO about this anywhere. The most recent news is still that it will be announced by the fall of this year. And DTV still has this coming season on their contract. So if it were awarded for fall of 2022, my guess is it will also be on DTV for one season. But even that is just a WAG.

22 minutes ago, nucci said:

They will announce a decision by the Fall to take effect next season. DirecTV still has exclusive rights for this season.

I think that is one reasonable interpretation of Goodell's comments, but it is curious how he phrased it.  I still see an opening for the new provider to gain access to this year's schedule.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eball said:

I think that is one reasonable interpretation of Goodell's comments, but it is curious how he phrased it.  I still see an opening for the new provider to gain access to this year's schedule.

I agree it's possible but I think timing is interesting. Whomever gets awarded will have to be up and running quickly with a plan in place to sell it. People will need to sign up for Apple TV, Amazon Prime or Disney+, then purchase the Ticket. Probably not as difficult as I may think but it is a lot. Plus Directv has exclusive rights for one more season. They'll want money to give it up

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2022 at 2:31 PM, SoMAn said:

There are a lot of up in these parts.    If I wear any Bills gear out in public I have a better than 50% chance of getting a comment from another ex-WNYer and/or Bills fan.  
  Been in Woodstock GA zip code for 30 years.  Sleepy little town has turned into party central on weekends with lots of live music, brew pubs, and upscale dining. Would have enjoyed it a lot more if I were 30 years younger. On the plus side, my home’s value has appreciated considerably with this in-demand market. 
maybe we need a local Bills-backers chapter up this way 

I'm in Chamblee - only been here 6 years.  Been to a couple of good Bills Backers bars not far from me, one in Norcross and one on Buckhead.  Met Andre Reed at the latter a few years ago.  Of course, as one might suspect from my participation in this thread, I have Sunday Ticket every year and typically watch almost every game at home.  The wife and I also get regular comments from other Bills fans when sporting Bills clothing.  At least a "Go Bills" if not a full blown conversation.

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe I should have posted this here. Maybe I shouldn't have posted it at all. Hard to know.

3 hours ago, The Dean said:

• Haha (+1) 1

Everyone says you don't need a dish and can just stream Sunday ticket but that's not true.

They will check your address and if they decide you can get a dish (their call) you're SOL.

Wherever they go it should be no additional hardware required. Just pay money and get product. Like every other sports league. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Maybe Someday said:

I hope the Thursday night football rating on Amazon are so low this year that the NFL realizes that steaming only options are not a good idea. 

As long as the contract helps contribute to the owners making fistfuls of money, they could not care less about the ratings.  

The only ones concerned with ratings are those shelling out massive amounts of green paper.  

Edited by BTB
  • Agree 1

On 6/25/2022 at 6:19 AM, newcam2012 said:

Should I call and see if I can get the ticket for free or should I wait? 

Call them, I called two weeks ago after reading on here how everyone was getting it free. The first time the guy told me  they randomly pick loyal customers. So I called back 3 days ago and got the NFL ticket max for free. My first time ever getting it free and I’ve been a customer for 7 years. So if you don’t get it the first call keep trying. Oh yea this is important ask for the loyalty department when you call 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Nah man. Streaming only for the win. DirecTV is a dinosaur 

I don’t disagree re DIRECTV but the quality of the feeds for the streaming games last year were horrible. Plus, as crazy as it sounds in 2022, not everyone has access to great internet. I have only 1 option in my area and that’s the local cable company. Sometimes I have no issues with streaming, other times it’s choppy. 

6 hours ago, BTB said:

As long as the contract helps contribute to the owners making fistfuls of money, they could not care less about the ratings.  

The only ones concerned with ratings are those shelling out massive amounts of green paper.  

Unfortunately this is true. 

43 minutes ago, 97bills said:

Call them, I called two weeks ago after reading on here how everyone was getting it free. The first time the guy told me  they randomly pick loyal customers. So I called back 3 days ago and got the NFL ticket max for free. My first time ever getting it free and I’ve been a customer for 7 years. So if you don’t get it the first call keep trying. Oh yea this is important ask for the loyalty department when you call 

Did they make you sign a contract when you did?  In the past whenever they offered this you had to sign up for 2 more years.  

23 hours ago, 97bills said:

I called them today. I'm already getting $50 off a month for 12 months due to me threatening to go to dish. Today, the loyalty rep told me the standard NFL ticket was I believe $293. She said I could pay that in 4 monthly installments and she would take additional $20 a month off my bill for 12 months. Thus, off setting most of the NFL ticket price. I refused the offer and politely asked if I was under contract. I knew I wasn't. She said no I wasn't and I replied ok I'm going to look at my choices. Thank you. She responded by giving me the $20 off for 12 months with no NFL ticket. Good and bad I guess. 

Maybe I'll just have to go to the bar to watch the Bills games. Good thing is they have 4 or 5 nationally televised games. 

Any advice? Maybe try again in a few weeks? I doubt I will get it now. Maybe a couple of weeks into the season? 

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I called them today. I'm already getting $50 off a month for 12 months due to me threatening to go to dish. Today, the loyalty rep told me the standard NFL ticket was I believe $293. She said I could pay that in 4 monthly installments and she would take additional $20 a month off my bill for 12 months. Thus, off setting most of the NFL ticket price. I refused the offer and politely asked if I was under contract. I knew I wasn't. She said no I wasn't and I replied ok I'm going to look at my choices. Thank you. She responded by giving me the $20 off for 12 months with no NFL ticket. Good and bad I guess. 

Maybe I'll just have to go to the bar to watch the Bills games. Good thing is they have 4 or 5 nationally televised games. 

Any advice? Maybe try again in a few weeks? I doubt I will get it now. Maybe a couple of weeks into the season? 

I believe they have 6 "stand alone" nationally televised games.  They are likely to have 2-3 Sunday late afternoon games that a good part of the country will get. 

I'm in the same boat. Trying to figure out if the Ticket is worth it, this year.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.