Sunday Ticket Negotiations

Buffalo Boy

52 minutes ago, eball said:

I was an early adopter of DirecTV because I moved to Atlanta after finishing school and wanted to see the Bills without always going out to a sports bar.  That was in the mid-90s.  I was satisfied with the service for the most part and agree that reports of outages are overblown.  I did, however, get tired of some of their practices in recent years, found their equipment upgrades to be a bit lacking, and I cut the DTV cord in January.  I haven’t missed it.  If you have a reliable high-speed internet connection (I have Google Fiber) there are no buffering issues with streaming services.  We now have YoutubeTV and love it, along with ESPN+, AppleTV, Amazon Prime, Netflix, and HBO Max that comes free with my wireless phone service.  I can’t imagine ever going back to cable or satellite.

I’m hoping Apple or Amazon get the NFL.

When Sunday ticket goes to one of the other services, I’ll look into those options. DIRECTV gets expensive, though they’re usually willing (or desperate enough) to negotiate better rates. I do like the recording options. A lot of the shows are now available on demand, but the fly in the ointment is the inability to fast-forward through ads. 

During negotiations they’re always pushing the movie channels. Don’t have much interest in todays movie offerings.  Mostly Kids fare, low brow comedies, superhero retreads, sci-Fi fantasy-just not my thing. 

Eball- are you still in Atlanta area? I’m in northern ‘burbs. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

We have had DTV since 96.  We have received the free Sundat Ticket for 3 consecutive years.

I’ve called the last two years and received squat!!!!!

This year better be different as a 24 year customer 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Surprised. Sometimes you just need to hit at the right time or get a knowledgeable rep. 
a lot of people received the email last year telling them it was being given free. I got something like that, then they billed me. Had to call and schmooze a bit, but got the ticket free and credits for  $$ off. 
The password to get what you want is “cancel”.  
On the plus side for those without the ticket or DTV- Probably at least half the Bills’ games (or more) will be available without DTV, depending on their market. 

Edited by SoMAn
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

No, it's not legal.

You don't want to share because it's not legal as you claim.

Ive never been even tempted to try to watch Bills games other than off my Direc-TV satellite dish. I mean I'll gladly pay for DVR capability and the assurance of seeing every single game. We haven't been charged for the past few years  for NFL Sunday ticket anyway.  They've got my subscrition and I'll go wherever I need to to keep what I jokingly call my "away season tickets"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I've called every year and I've asked why do new customers get it for free and I have to pay full price. Then I ask, am I being punished for being a loyal customer. I've never paid more than $70. I usually score a free year but sometimes the rep says they can't do it but give me a huge discount.  Never raise your voice. Speak like it hurts your feelings that you can't get it for free . 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I've called every year and I've asked why do new customers get it for free and I have to pay full price. Then I ask, am I being punished for being a loyal customer. I've never paid more than $70. I usually score a free year but sometimes the rep says they can't do it but give me a huge discount.  Never raise your voice. Speak like it hurts your feelings that you can't get it for free . 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It isn’t my first rodeo.

I, too, call every year and have always gotten something, including for free.

Last year I called three times over a few weeks including a week before and they wouldn’t give me anything.

What sucked was reading everyone else getting it for free without asking. 
   It isn’t even the money, it’s the principle.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SoMAn said:

I can skip through all the lame advertising, halftime banter, and endless promos for mindless CBS sitcoms and enjoy all the Bills game in about 2 1/2 hours.  

There is ALOT to be said for this.....only part that sux?  Is when your buddies all start texting at once over a great JA play!!!!  LOL!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I've had DTV since the ticket went there.  I called this year and no deal.  They said call back.  I am not willing to only get half the games.  Where I live it is the only game in town where I get excellent reception.  Weather is no problem.  Service when needed has been great so I have no problem.  And I do not mind saying so.  In the past I have also gotten deals including free.  At my age I do not want to get involved with streaming.  Friend are not that happy with it and adding up all the cost for each one is about the same.  Recording five channels at once is worth its weight in gold.  Be happy!

I asked hubby his opinion about this... he said intuitively Direc-tv will offer free NFL sunday ticket to customers whom subscribe to

other premium services like disney Plus,  HBO Max etc The business side says keep higher billed customers hoppy and

enrolled hence the offers for free sunday ticket.

So his opinion is it couldnt hurt to keep tying for the discount . But they likely use math and analyze it as cost benefit ratio.  

his explanation sounds logical anyway

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kwai San said:

There is ALOT to be said for this.....only part that sux?  Is when your buddies all start texting at once over a great JA play!!!!  LOL!

Just gotta turn off the phone.
But…that said…this past season I didn’t do that too much. Kind of got sucked into the social media vortex so I could tap into this forum and commune with the mafia when there were outrageous penalties or non-calls by the officials or phenomenal plays by the bills.
Was curious to see if my fellow bills brothers and sisters were seeing things the same way I was. Time shifting isn’t an option when browsing the Stadium Wall during game time. 

• Agree 1

Is it still on DTV one more year? Or was last year it?

(kind of funny....before i started with the ticket in 2001 or so in New England, I'd get to see the two Pats games on local tv, and the Jets HOME game on NY tv (in non HD!).

Nowadays, with the primetime games we get, and with us often getting picked to be a national game even at the 1pm or 4pm slots....I could likely see 9-12 games for free next year. Sucks to pay just for the rest, but, the luxury of having the ticket on Sundays is pretty great. Bad national game on? CLICK!

2 hours ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Is it still on DTV one more year? Or was last year it?

(kind of funny....before i started with the ticket in 2001 or so in New England, I'd get to see the two Pats games on local tv, and the Jets HOME game on NY tv (in non HD!).

Nowadays, with the primetime games we get, and with us often getting picked to be a national game even at the 1pm or 4pm slots....I could likely see 9-12 games for free next year. Sucks to pay just for the rest, but, the luxury of having the ticket on Sundays is pretty great. Bad national game on? CLICK!

this is last year for Directv

4 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Here's to hoping the crooks at DTV lose the ticket. When they offer a streaming service but no one can get it except college students, they deserve to lose.

since they're not bidding for it, they will lose it

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.