Sunday Ticket Negotiations

Buffalo Boy

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEJqdmR7AyyhK6x-yzuw_qk8qGQgEKhAIACoHCAow2Nb3CjDivdcCMMPf7gU?uo=CAUiANIBAA&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Apparently, Disney Apple and Amazon are all trying to aquire the ticket.

A somewhat dense article but my main takeaways are:

The NFL ST is going to remain a premium subscription regardless of who gets it with a $300 price point. 
     I don’t see any mention of being able to purchase/stream individual games.

DTV has been losing money on it’s $1.5 Billion investment but will possibly still be the way to see it as a pass through for the company that does get it (?!?!) due to streaming concerns. Also, the bar business model is based on DTV. 

Mods…. Didn’t think this belonged in the ST 2022 thread.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEJqdmR7AyyhK6x-yzuw_qk8qGQgEKhAIACoHCAow2Nb3CjDivdcCMMPf7gU?uo=CAUiANIBAA&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

The NFL ST is going to remain a premium subscription regardless of who gets it with a $300 price point. 

DTV has been losing money on it’s $1.5 Billion investment but will possibly still be the way to see it as a pass through for the company that does get it (?!?!) due to streaming concerns. Also, the bar business model is based on DTV. 

Can see why DTV would want to continue to broadcast just so they don't lose the rest of their subscribers.  If Roger called me up and asked me my preference for which one to go with I'd go with Amazon, Disney, Apple.  I am around this evening if he wants to call.

If the NFL package is anything like MLB, the price difference between the full package and one team hardly makes it worthwhile

Thought it was kind of funny talking about buffering with streaming as to why many would want to stick with DTV.  Try watching DTV during a bad thunderstorm!

• Haha (+1) 1

I've said this before - the devil you know is better then the devil you don't.  Easy for me to say, because DTV just offered me Sunday Ticket Max for free for the 2nd year in a row, without any calls or negotiation for me!  If Apple or Amazon get it, I highly doubt there will be any free offerings or negotiations for me or anyone else.  And I'm not a fan of streaming overall.  Where I live, there isn't a lot of inclement weather.  My internet goes out a whole lot more than my DTV does.  I also use my DVR all the time, due me being in a western time zone and games starting as early as 10 AM.  Not all streaming services have DVR capablities.

All the plusses of DTV aside, they also know that they are way overcharging me for my monthly television service (even with a $45/month discount) and that I would probably be out the door very quickly if they didn't have the Ticket.  I am definitely watching what happens next year with very keen interest.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Steel City Mafia said:

https://playersklubiptv.com

Just go with an IPTV service ^

Have you used this service? Is it legit, legal, and reliable? Will you get the NFL games too? 

21 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I've said this before - the devil you know is better then the devil you don't.  Easy for me to say, because DTV just offered me Sunday Ticket Max for free for the 2nd year in a row, without any calls or negotiation for me!  If Apple or Amazon get it, I highly doubt there will be any free offerings or negotiations for me or anyone else.  And I'm not a fan of streaming overall.  Where I live, there isn't a lot of inclement weather.  My internet goes out a whole lot more than my DTV does.  I also use my DVR all the time, due me being in a western time zone and games starting as early as 10 AM.  Not all streaming services have DVR capablities.

All the plusses of DTV aside, they also know that they are way overcharging me for my monthly television service (even with a $45/month discount) and that I would probably be out the door very quickly if they didn't have the Ticket.  I am definitely watching what happens next year with very keen interest.

How did you get it free? Last year, I got it free. Seems like they only give it to me free every other year. Any tips or suggestions. 

31 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Have you used this service? Is it legit, legal, and reliable? Will you get the NFL games too? 

How did you get it free? Last year, I got it free. Seems like they only give it to me free every other year. Any tips or suggestions. 

it’s legit! Pretty reliable. Every nfl game. Have had it for about 4 years now

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I had DTV for 17 years and dumped it like 8 years ago. Haven't missed a Bills game since except for one but it was a preseason game and I absolutely had to be at work. 

It's out there for free and reliable, and legal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, T&C said:

I had DTV for 17 years and dumped it like 8 years ago. Haven't missed a Bills game since except for one but it was a preseason game and I absolutely had to be at work. 

Care to share?!

[I hated DTV when I had it. Broadcast too unreliable and no customer service. Dumped them in 2006.]

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T&C said:

I used kodi on a fire stick a few years ago and it sucked. Constant issues. It was almost impossible to get NFL games. I'm not real tech savvy. I'm sure technology is better now. 

1 hour ago, chongli said:

Care to share?!

[I hated DTV when I had it. Broadcast too unreliable and no customer service. Dumped them in 2006.]

19 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I used kodi on a fire stick a few years ago and it sucked. Constant issues. It was almost impossible to get NFL games. I'm not real tech savvy. I'm sure technology is better now. 

Technology IS better now.

Not that I don't want to share but I don't want to violate the strict rules on this particular Bills board. 

To quote the X-files... the truth is out there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, T&C said:

Not that I don't want to share but I don't want to violate the strict rules on this particular Bills board. 

Ok, I see. But if it is legal, then it wouldn't be a rule violation? Not sure, but I don't want you to break any rules. Thank you...I will look.

Edited by chongli

11 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I’ve had DIRECTV for 24 years. Weather-related outages are infrequent. If the dish is peaked correctly and the line to the bird not obstructed by trees or other structures, outages are rare, but when it happens it’s usually very temporary.  It only occurs when a large storm system is passing in the line between the dish and satellite transponder. I’d bet that cable subscribers have more outages. 

With satellite, there’s always ample bandwidth. It’ll be frustrating when the streaming services are overloaded and buffering becomes an issue. 
I enjoy the multi-room and DVR recording (time-shifting*)benefits that come with DIRECTV. I don’t know that streaming has those advantages. 
* while recording Bills’ games, I’ve often sat down to watch the game (from the beginning) an hour or so after real time kickoff.  This makes the most of my precious weekend hours. I can skip through all the lame advertising, halftime banter, and endless promos for mindless CBS sitcoms and enjoy all the Bills game in about 2 1/2 hours.  

Edited by SoMAn
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

2 hours ago, SoMAn said:

I’ve had DIRECTV for 24 years. Weather-related outages are infrequent. If the dish is peaked correctly and the line to the bird not obstructed by trees or other structures, outages are rare, but when it happens it’s usually very temporary.  It only occurs when a large storm system is passing in the line between the dish and satellite transponder. I’d bet that cable subscribers have more outages. 

With satellite, there’s always ample bandwidth. It’ll be frustrating when the streaming services are overloaded and buffering becomes an issue. 
I enjoy the multi-room and DVR recording (time-shifting*)benefits that come with DIRECTV. I don’t know that streaming has those advantages. 
* while recording Bills’ games, I’ve often sat down to watch the game (from the beginning) an hour or so after real time kickoff.  This makes the most of my precious weekend hours. I can skip through all the lame advertising, halftime banter, and endless promos for mindless CBS sitcoms and enjoy all the Bills game in about 2 1/2 hours.  

I was an early adopter of DirecTV because I moved to Atlanta after finishing school and wanted to see the Bills without always going out to a sports bar.  That was in the mid-90s.  I was satisfied with the service for the most part and agree that reports of outages are overblown.  I did, however, get tired of some of their practices in recent years, found their equipment upgrades to be a bit lacking, and I cut the DTV cord in January.  I haven’t missed it.  If you have a reliable high-speed internet connection (I have Google Fiber) there are no buffering issues with streaming services.  We now have YoutubeTV and love it, along with ESPN+, AppleTV, Amazon Prime, Netflix, and HBO Max that comes free with my wireless phone service.  I can’t imagine ever going back to cable or satellite.

I’m hoping Apple or Amazon get the NFL.

10 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

No, it's not legal.

7 hours ago, T&C said:

You don't want to share because it's not legal as you claim.

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.