Roe vs Wade Overturned

15 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Not sure but about 75% of those who didn't graduate with loans attended private universities that are obviously way more expensive than state schools and now are way in debt because of it.  By forgiving student loans we're basically bailing a lot of people out who made the bad choice to attend a private school and were too lazy and/or competent to graduate.  Got to love America.

Nearly half of all student loan debt is attributed to grad school loans. Yet only 16% of student loan borrowers borrowed for grad school.

We'd be bailing out people who doubled down on bad choices at an incredibly lopsided rate.

1 hour ago, Gene Frenkle said:

How TF would YOU know anything that isn't said by one of those outlets?

Because I read all sides.

I post the ones from the right that I know lefty posters (like yourself) will never see on their own.

But you knew that.

Geez people…the abortion debate is incredibly complex and yet simple at the same time. Reading these posts while the vast majority just scream past each other doesn’t do this topic it’s due consideration. At the core of this debate is the question of why we put any guide rails on society at all. I put it to you all that the vast majority of of our laws are there to keep us from causing harm to others. There are a few exceptions (and they tend to cause the biggest debate…like drug use, suicide, etc). In the case of abortion it all just comes down to whether you consider the developing infant an ‘other person’ or not. I see absolutely no reason to go down any other rabbit holes or call each other names. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Geez people…the abortion debate is incredibly complex and yet simple at the same time. Reading these posts while the vast majority just scream past each other doesn’t do this topic it’s due consideration. At the core of this debate is the question of why we put any guide rails on society at all. I put it to you all that the vast majority of of our laws are there to keep us from causing harm to others. There are a few exceptions (and they tend to cause the biggest debate…like drug use, suicide, etc). In the case of abortion it all just comes down to whether you consider the developing infant an ‘other person’ or not. I see absolutely no reason to go down any other rabbit holes or call each other names. 

The human brain doesn't fully develop until the age of 26 years old.

Scientifically, we can debate about killing the clump of cells at anytime within that time-frame using the same arguments.

We already kill animals from chicken eggs to full grown horses, if cognitive ability is your measuring stick.

Like Peta, where do you personally draw the line?

6 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Scientifically, we can debate about killing the clump of cells at anytime within that time-frame using the same arguments.

We already kill animals from chicken eggs to full grown horses, if cognitive ability is your measuring stick.

Thanks. That’s the REAL question. But….This is not about a right to privacy or autonomy over a woman’s body. 

57 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Nearly half of all student loan debt is attributed to grad school loans. Yet only 16% of student loan borrowers borrowed for grad school.

We'd be bailing out people who doubled down on bad choices at an incredibly lopsided rate.

That's true but they're much more likely to graduate so they have the means of paying it off with their advanced degrees.  It's why just forgiving all student debt is just a really dumb idea.

106912146-1626451354208-BLS_earnings_by_

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Agreed. How does this devolve into talk about student loan forgiveness?

Reasonable minds may differ. I believe the value of personal autonomy trumps the value of a “potential life” until the earliest possible date of viability outside the womb. The right is to not be forced to be pregnant. It isn’t a right to destroy the fetus/baby. And I do believe that the constitution protects such personal autonomy. 

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Not sure but about 75% of those who didn't graduate with loans attended private universities that are obviously way more expensive than state schools and now are way in debt because of it.  By forgiving student loans we're basically bailing a lot of people out who made the bad choice to attend a private school and were too lazy and/or competent to graduate.  Got to love America.

More importantly, doing nothing to stop the absolute disgusting racket of college tuition. 

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

More importantly, doing nothing to stop the absolute disgusting racket of college tuition. 

Don't get me started with that.  LOL.  This is an abortion thread so I won't sway the conversation.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Reminder:

That's the law on the books right now but it will change on July 7th.

A near-total ban on abortion will become law in Mississippi in 10 days after Attorney General Lynn Fitch published a bulletin with the Mississippi Secretary of State’s Office this morning certifying that the U.S. Supreme Court has overturned Roe v. Wade.

The certification paves the way for a 2007 trigger law to become effective on July 7, 2022; it will “prohibit abortions in the state of Mississippi” at any stage “except in cases where necessary for the preservation of the mother’s life or where the pregnancy was caused by rape.” In order to obtain an abortion under the law, a rape victim must have reported the assault to law enforcement.

Anyone violating that law by providing an abortion could face up to 10 years in prison, the same as Mississippi’s pre-Roe v. Wade abortion laws. At Fitch’s urging, the U.S. Supreme Court’s Republican-appointed majority overturned the 49-year-old precedent on June 24, 2022, and upheld Mississippi’s 15-week abortion ban in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization.

Friday’s ruling immediately banned most abortions after 15 weeks, but the much harsher 2007 law will force the state’s only abortion clinic, the Jackson Women’s Health Organization, to completely cease providing abortions on July 7.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Agreed. How does this devolve into talk about student loan forgiveness?

Reasonable minds may differ. I believe the value of personal autonomy trumps the value of a “potential life” until the earliest possible date of viability outside the womb. The right is to not be forced to be pregnant. It isn’t a right to destroy the fetus/baby. And I do believe that the constitution protects such personal autonomy. 

Well thought out response. And that is the discussion we need to be having as a nation. Which is very much so different from the hyperbolic responses we've seen in the last few days from the 'choice' crowd....including sitting members of Congress, local politicians, etc.  This is a very important discussion about where we are as a society, so let's have the discussion as a nation and stop the melt down.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That's the law on the books right now but it will change on July 7th.

A near-total ban on abortion will become law in Mississippi in 10 days after Attorney General Lynn Fitch published a bulletin with the Mississippi Secretary of State’s Office this morning certifying that the U.S. Supreme Court has overturned Roe v. Wade.

The certification paves the way for a 2007 trigger law to become effective on July 7, 2022; it will “prohibit abortions in the state of Mississippi” at any stage “except in cases where necessary for the preservation of the mother’s life or where the pregnancy was caused by rape.” In order to obtain an abortion under the law, a rape victim must have reported the assault to law enforcement.

Anyone violating that law by providing an abortion could face up to 10 years in prison, the same as Mississippi’s pre-Roe v. Wade abortion laws. At Fitch’s urging, the U.S. Supreme Court’s Republican-appointed majority overturned the 49-year-old precedent on June 24, 2022, and upheld Mississippi’s 15-week abortion ban in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization.

Friday’s ruling immediately banned most abortions after 15 weeks, but the much harsher 2007 law will force the state’s only abortion clinic, the Jackson Women’s Health Organization, to completely cease providing abortions on July 7.

He's probably having a tough time cross-referencing this on OAN, Tucker Carlson, or Stormfront.org. 

3 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Will this affect the current trend of Hot Girl Summers?

Are we willing to give up the woman's right to have a 403 phase in her twenties?

Men will suffer from this too.

All of that was covered in the court’s leaked opinion….try and catch up! 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, unbillievable said:

I'm 63 and a clump of cells

On 6/27/2022 at 3:21 PM, nedboy7 said:

So you do agree with abortion at some level ha?  ***** asswipe. 

Did I say I didn’t agree at some level?  Again. You must not know how to read.  Pathetic.  What a mess.  

13 hours ago, LeviF said:

You can tell leftists haven't had to actually formulate an argument as to why abortion access should be unlimited in the past fifty years. All the tired old tropes and long debunked myths just trotted out there again, flailing like the blow-up dude outside a used car dealership, waiting for someone to trip over the cord that keeps it up.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

-Epicurus

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks. That’s the REAL question. But….This is not about a right to privacy or autonomy over a woman’s body. 

No its not in a strictly legal sense. But since abortion is now murder in a lot of states, and men don't get pregnant, how do you enforce the law?