Roe vs Wade Overturned

20 hours ago, FireChans said:

This would be a good point if there was any way to get pregnant without having sex. But there isn’t. They know the game and the score. If you don’t accept it, don’t play.

If you can’t accept the risk of a car accident, don’t get behind the wheel.

Lol at incels moralizing about what women should and shouldn’t do…

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/24/2022 at 10:24 AM, BillStime said:

🎯

That’s because the right to bear arms is in the constitution. The right to bill a baby is not. /your argument. 

On 6/24/2022 at 10:36 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

No. I hate the decision.

I am pointing out that everything was pointing to the Republicans flipping Congress in November. Now, not so much. This will be an extremely unpopular decision.

Lol this is not true, inflation and economy effects everyone. Roe doesn’t, as much as the left would like you to believe. 

5 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

In one case, the woman makes a completely personal decision, about something that's on with her body.

In the other case, someone else makes that choice for her (much like decrepit boomers are doing now). Charge that person with whatever you like, but it's still super schitty and that person should be locked up.

I think what you're missing is the idea that the person with the thing going on in her body should be able to decide what she's going to do with the thing that's going on in her body. That's it. It's simple. Wtf do you care what somebody else does? Why do you get to say? So you can sleep well? Piss off.

The twisted logic of the left and their cronies, no care for the other person in this scenario. Truly sad

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

I just saw a huge conspiracy post above yours about child grooming at Disney. You're ignoring this? Sweep it under the rug? Why? They're going to groom an entire generation of children!

There are many, many posts I don’t comment on.  Some I don’t see.  Some I don’t want to get involved.  Some aggravate me.  Some I just don’t care.  Some I ignore.  When you opine on every post, every time, come back and let me know.  Spoiler alert, my response will be the same as above. 

9 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

I'd love to hear you tell me how I'm wrong. 

Where did I say you were wrong?   

Assuming you’re referring to the 🙄 , that was about your overly dramatic post about selfish behavior, bravery, and sitting in judgement of others.  I think if we were to look at the big picture, we see a mishmash of inconsistency from leaders, employers, individuals and those judgey judgers of which you speak.  People are people, and do things for reasons that make sense to them. 

I agree with you about corporate autonomy and at-will employment.  It’s all I’ve ever known career-wise.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/24/2022 at 8:11 PM, nedboy7 said:

Is it ok for a 13 year old raped by her own family to get an abortion Irv? 

Did I say that?  You must have *****-for-brains.  There should be a mandatory IQ test on this board before mouth breathers like this clown can post.  What a mess.  

Edited by Irv

35 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

You know I’m really torn on this roe v wade debate.  On one hand you have women losing rights which is cool, but on the other hand you have less dead babies which is a bummer.  Happy Sunday everyone, I’ll see myself out.

See you at church!

• Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Irv said:

Did I say that?  You must have *****-for-brains.  There should be a mandatory IQ test on this board before mouth breathers like this clown can post.  What a mess.  

If we had IQ tests here, there would be no posts on PPP. 

• Haha (+1) 1

It’s interesting that no one is suggesting appropriate punishments for girls/women guilty of committing abortion. I’d bet that is probably the same response as is about to happen in republican state legislatures as they now have to deal with this hot potato. It’s easy take extreme positions on the issue when it didn’t matter because Roe was in place. Now these republicans have to make laws that will have consequences for their constituents. They will now have to send girls to prison or modify their view on the issue at the expense of disappointing the religious right. 

16 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), for one, allowed that a national abortion ban was “possible” after the initial leak of the Supreme Court’s draft decision. Last week, Sen. Bill Hagerty (R-Tenn.) he would back a federal ban because “any of us that believe this is wrong, it’s wrong, period.”

The Supreme Court just decided that the constitution doesn't give the federal government the authority over state laws concerning abortion.

So, congratulations anti-abortion rights legal advocates. You have successfully returned decisions over whether, when, and in what manner abortions will be permitted in the 50 states. It's none of the federal government's business, right? The constitution lets the people of each state decide. 

Oh, wait a minute ... now Senators WANT the federal government to butt in, but on the opposite side, to suddenly claim federal authority over something they just argued was committed to the people of the 50 states.

So ... all that "limited federal powers" stuff Alito crowed about for 70 pages or whatever? Yeah, it's ok to ignore that now and to call for a federal law banning abortions in all states.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So ... all that "limited federal powers" stuff Alito crowed about for 70 pages or whatever? Yeah, it's ok to ignore that now and to call for a federal law banning abortions in all states.

The small government thing was always BS. 

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The Supreme Court just decided that the constitution doesn't give the federal government the authority over state laws concerning abortion.

So, congratulations anti-abortion rights legal advocates. You have successfully returned decisions over whether, when, and in what manner abortions will be permitted in the 50 states. It's none of the federal government's business, right? The constitution lets the people of each state decide. 

Oh, wait a minute ... now Senators WANT the federal government to butt in, but on the opposite side, to suddenly claim federal authority over something they just argued was committed to the people of the 50 states.

Do you think the Supreme Court will rule a federal abortion ban constitutional?

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Do you think the Supreme Court will rule a federal abortion ban constitutional?

This one? Probably. Originalism is the jurisprudence of doing whatever the hell you want and then finding a reason to justify it. 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

This one? Probably. Originalism is the jurisprudence of doing whatever the hell you want and then finding a reason to justify it. 

Okay, what decisions has this Supreme Court made that contradicted “originalism,” to do “whatever the hell you want?”

Edited by FireChans