Roe vs Wade Overturned

Just now, BillStime said:

Wait - you want federal funds (from blue states) to bail out what red states won’t fund on their own?

Cute.

The stats already show that a majority of blue states have fewer poor kids per capita, fewer dead babies and fewer children raised by children.

Childhood Poverty:

https://data.ers.usda.gov/reports.aspx?ID=17826

Infant Mortality: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/infant_mortality_rates/infant_mortality.htm

Teen Birth Rate:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/teen-births/teenbirths.htm

Pay up red states 

Absolutely. We should try to pay for our our children to live happy lives instead of murdering them so we can send billions to Ukraine.  This is a good plan.  We are getting somewhere you and I.

Just now, FireChans said:

Absolutely. We should try to pay for our our children to live happy lives instead of murdering them so we can send billions to Ukraine.  This is a good plan.  We are getting somewhere you and I.

Of course - true to your cult - you hate democracy, too.

You didn’t mind all the money Trump spent and what he did to the deficit, right?

Idiots

Just now, BillStime said:

Of course - true to your cult - you hate democracy, too.

You didn’t mind all the money Trump spent and what he did to the deficit, right?

Idiots

Now you're going backward. 

Let's focus on the children. Let's take some of the money that we don't need to spend on stuff other than the children, and let's spend it on the children.  Let's help them live happy lives instead of murdering them out of convenience. This is a good plan that you sounded like you agreed with.

47 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Based on what?  What hidden knowledge do "women" inherently possess?

As a married man, I have been taught that women do in fact have knowledge that is different from a man. Just ask a woman. They will tell you.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Now you're going backward. 

Let's focus on the children. Let's take some of the money that we don't need to spend on stuff other than the children, and let's spend it on the children.  Let's help them live happy lives instead of murdering them out of convenience. This is a good plan that you sounded like you agreed with.

Backwards? You brought up Ukraine

Red states need to increase taxes and provide critical care for their children.

And if you think women are going to listen to your beliefs and not make that ultimate choice on their own by any means - you’re kidding yourself.

Freakn Nazi

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Backwards? You brought up Ukraine

Red states need to increase taxes and provide critical care for their children.

And if you think women are going to listen to your beliefs and not make that ultimate choice on their own by any means - you’re kidding yourself.

Freakn Nazi

Okay sure. Let's absolutely raise taxes to help take care of children and make abortion illegal except in lifesaving situations or non-viability.

We can make history here bro! We are compromising.

Okay sure. Let's absolutely raise taxes to help take care of children and make abortion illegal except in lifesaving situations or non-viability.

We can make history here bro! We are compromising.

It’s all about compromise but the Christo fascists killed it.

This *will* backfire on the cult.

🎯

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

It’s all about compromise but the Christo fascists killed it.

This *will* backfire on the cult.

🎯

Lmao this is UNDOING minority rule. What is poor Luke thinking.

We were close bro. We could have changed the country you and I

Lmao this is UNDOING minority rule. What is poor Luke thinking.

We were close bro. We could have changed the country you and I

A majority of Americans did not want Roe overturned.

More inconvenient facts for the cult. Can’t talk about Trumps deficit, red states (lack of) child care and democracy.

smh

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

And they won’t ; unless the will of the people in all 50 states doesn’t allow another person to perform a procedure on said individual. My best guess is that this will not happen. 

I don't believe abortion should be illegal in every state, but I recognize that it is strictly a state's rights issue. I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of the state regulating a medical procedure. I'm not angry at the Supreme Court. I will inevitably be angry when certain states strip some of their citizens of bodily autonomy. Not everyone has the resources necessary to leave their state. I honestly do expect the crime rate in those states to explode in about 20 years, there are studies that show Roe v Wade coincided with a decreased crime rate. Which makes sense. When women unprepared to be parents are forced to be, society is worse off.

59 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Unless you think people consent to those pesky lethal injections when they get the death penalty.

I don't support the death penalty.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't believe abortion should be illegal in every state, but I recognize that it is strictly a state's rights issue. I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of the state regulating a medical procedure. I'm not angry at the Supreme Court. I will inevitably be angry when certain states strip some of their citizens of bodily autonomy. Not everyone has the resources necessary to leave their state. I honestly do expect the crime rate in those states to explode in about 20 years, there are studies that show Roe v Wade coincided with a decreased crime rate. Which makes sense. When women unprepared to be parents are forced to be, society is worse off.

I don't support the death penalty.

What about vaccine mandates?

44 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

And whose? Again , abortion not mentioned so .. the States. Pregnant woman has a say. 

Life. When does life begin?

45 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You're right - that's straight from ... the DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE, which, if you care to use it as an interpretative source for the CONSTITUTION, may suggest (rather more strongly, I'd say) that the "liberty" interest prevails over the "potential" life interest.

What is potential life?

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

There is no all encompassing vaccine mandate. Restrictions are not the same as force. A person who doesn't get vaccinated can't be criminally prosecuted.

Well that's an interesting compromise on your "absolute right to body autonomy" take.

Do you mind elaborating?  Coercion to violate body autonomy is okay, but not force? Is the line at criminal charges?  "Get the vaccine or you're fired," is respectful to body autonomy?

44 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Let's say you mistakenly ***** into a fertile woman, and you immediately throw her in a very hot chlorinated spa to try to nip the potential life in the bud. Have you committed murder?

Stupid analogies will always be with us, on both sides.

Maybe x2

The majority of Americans want some sort of reasonable compromise on this issue, keeping abortion accessible during the early stage of pregnancy. It will be interesting to see if voters reject R politicians who take hard line positions on this issue.

DISPATCHES FROM WEIMAR AMERICA: 

Roe-pocalypse Now: 

“Not only does the Walt Disney Company — formerly the gold standard of American family-friendly wholesomeness — fully favor grooming children into genderqueerness, but now it will pay its female employees to go to pro-abortion states and terminate the lives of their unborn children.

If you had predicted this fifty years ago, people would have thought you insane. As Kangmin Lee said, abortion was widely seen as a necessary evil. Now it is considered by the class of people who run most of America as a sacred rite…

It is really something to think about how the Left today, post-Dobbs, is left to feel the same things that many of us on the Right have felt over and over again: defeat on an issue that is dear to us.

They are not used to losing — not our ruling class. They are used to getting their way, and expecting the rest of us to fall in line and know our places.”

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/roe-pocalypse-now-apocalypse-abortion/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

DISPATCHES FROM WEIMAR AMERICA: 

Roe-pocalypse Now: 

“Not only does the Walt Disney Company — formerly the gold standard of American family-friendly wholesomeness — fully favor grooming children into genderqueerness, but now it will pay its female employees to go to pro-abortion states and terminate the lives of their unborn children.

If you had predicted this fifty years ago, people would have thought you insane. As Kangmin Lee said, abortion was widely seen as a necessary evil. Now it is considered by the class of people who run most of America as a sacred rite…

It is really something to think about how the Left today, post-Dobbs, is left to feel the same things that many of us on the Right have felt over and over again: defeat on an issue that is dear to us.

They are not used to losing — not our ruling class. They are used to getting their way, and expecting the rest of us to fall in line and know our places.”

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/roe-pocalypse-now-apocalypse-abortion/

Rod Dreher! I dont know what "grooming children for genderqueerness" means, but I guess its supposed to frighten me? He can save his screeds for the social media addicted, instant gratification junkies. 

11 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

I dont know what "grooming children for genderqueerness" means, but I guess its supposed to frighten me?

You "guess" incorrectly.

Reminder:

If you’ve had a natural miscarriage, you have not had an abortion.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is misinformed or intentionally lying.

There is a complete moral AND legal difference between tragically losing a child & intentionally murdering a child.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1