Roe vs Wade Overturned

Me reading leftists talking about police states and control over you........

Cracking Up Lol GIF

denver-counter-protest-health01.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, T&C said:

Funny you mention this... I was thinking about it. As humans, the apex creature on this world, people are fighting to kill their unborn babies. Yet virtually every other creature on this world will go to great lengths to assure that their babies are taken care of pre and post birth and will defend them with their own lives if they have to. Such a distinct contrast.

You need to spend some more time with cats.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Old men trying to claw back power in the twilight of their lives at any cost. Sad, but they will die soon and things will progress.

This court behaves like Newsmax addicts.

Do you know something about the experimental vaccine we were forced to take?

1 minute ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Old men trying to claw back power in the twilight of their lives at any cost. Sad, but they will die soon and things will progress.

We're basically in a race to see if Boomers can install permanent minority rule before they die off and lose power. I think we're losing.

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

YEP. I had 2 brother cats raised by bottle hand feeding.. momma ditched em with nary a backward glance.

41 minutes ago, T&C said:

Funny you mention this... I was thinking about it. As humans, the apex creature on this world, people are fighting to kill their unborn babies. Yet virtually every other creature on this world will go to great lengths to assure that their babies are taken care of pre and post birth and will defend them with their own lives if they have to. Such a distinct contrast.

What about our closest relatives?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infanticide_in_primates

3 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

This is 100% why they backed Trump. I’m interested to see what happens now that they don’t need him to overturn Roe V. Wade.

Most Republicans have been fighting for this their entire careers. Dems have been fighting for gun control. Nobody makes any sense, but they want what they want.

11 minutes ago, muppy said:

haha no It was an attempt by muppy to share how strongly he endorses abortion rights in cali

EDIT: can u envision a USA with no access to legal abortions? si o no.

No, as I said before, I never envisioned R v W being overturned nor the horror of late term abortions as mainstream talking point.  I'm a babe in the woods here, though I'm like 420 years old in dog years. 

Your governor is a super hero is search of a story line.  He doesn't have to fight to his next breath, let alone his last. We need less drama queens in public office seeking to divide.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, there is one here that I wish was gifted to someone else. The hair shed is incredibly incredible.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is 100% why they backed Trump. I’m interested to see what happens now that they don’t need him to overturn Roe V. Wade.

Most Republicans have been fighting for this their entire careers. Dems have been fighting for gun control. Nobody makes any sense, but they want what they want.

Boomers didn't vote for Trump (allegedly) lol omg - and they aren't as big a voting bloc anymore:

After decades of constituting the majority of voters, Baby Boomers and members of the Silent Generation made up less than half of the electorate in 2020 (44%), falling below the 52% they constituted in both 2016 and 2018. Gen Z and Millennial voters favored Biden over Trump by margins of about 20 points, while Gen Xers and Boomers were more evenly split in their preferences. Gen Z voters, those ages 23 and younger, constituted 8% of the electorate, while Millennials and Gen Xers made up 47% of 2020 voters.

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2021/06/30/behind-bidens-2020-victory/

And btw really......we're already going to f.... old people (the over 65s who are watching their retirements get set on fire because Team Blue locked us down) they shouldn't count?  Ridiculous. 

Edited by Big Blitz

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

No, as I said before, I never envisioned R v W being overturned nor the horror of late term abortions as mainstream talking point.  I'm a babe in the woods here, though I'm like 420 years old in dog years. 

Your governor is a super hero is search of a story line.  He doesn't have to fight to his next breath, let alone his last. We need less drama queens in public office seeking to divide.   

You Know I am more moderate than most posters here. I look at the world with a lens that would rather seek peace and compromise instead of the constant gridlock and set in political sides butting heads.  Some issues are just not easy to compromise. Abortion is one of those areas. I kind of straddle the fence because being of the opinion that I hate abortion but vote for the right to choose. It is a position that I wish women wouldnt need to face nearly as often as does happen.

as far as politicos go yeah there are some watershed issues that guide a persons vote. Id have t choose the democrat because of issues like this one. I just dont feel the government has the right to say what I do with my own body.  I think he timing of when abortions are allowed to happen would be very valid compromise for women who aren't otherwise medically indicated

3 minutes ago, muppy said:

You Know I am more moderate than most posters here. I look at the world with a lens that would rather seek peace and compromise instead of the constant gridlock and set in political sides butting heads.  Some issues are just not easy to compromise. Abortion is one of those areas. I kind of straddle the fence because being of the opinion that I hate abortion but vote for the right to choose. It is a position that I wish women wouldnt need to face nearly as often as does happen.

as far as politicos go yeah there are some watershed issues that guide a persons vote. Id have t choose the democrat because of issues like this one. I just dont feel the government has the right to say what I do with my own body.  I think he timing of when abortions are allowed to happen would be very valid compromise for women who aren't otherwise medically indicated

I typically vote on 1A and 2A so never a Democrat.  I'm personally anti-abortion, but don't vote based on abortion.  I'm happy that it's going to be banned in many states and not happy that they will be killing 5 year olds in others, but the federal system exists for a reason and I support that.

• Like (+1) 1