Roe vs Wade Overturned

1 minute ago, DRsGhost said:

Highest inflation in 40 years. Open border ***** show. Anti gun legislation. A President with clear dementia. 

Sure, this decision is gonna pull that rabbit out of the hat for you.

Delusional. 

So deranged and detached from reality…

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886i5oesgi31ff1gcpcak

"Held: The Constitution does not confer a right to abortion;

Roe and Casey are overruled;

and the authority to regulate abortion is returned to the people and their elected representatives."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

A federal law could be passed today that women have a right to an abortion until 12 weeks and it would pass both house and Senate, it won't though because both sides get too much money and power out of it.

Exactly what can and may happen in each State. 
The End

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, T&C said:

Why so?

1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage and the proper treatment for a miscarriage is an abortion. 

My wife has had several miscarriages and it was easy to get her the care she needed. 

Without Roe and Casey, there is nothing stopping a state from banning abortions outright, with no exceptions. People in Poland are dying because of their abortion ban today. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage and the proper treatment for a miscarriage is an abortion. 

My wife has had several miscarriages and it was easy to get her the care she needed. 

Without Roe and Casey, there is nothing stopping a state from banning abortions outright, with no exceptions. People in Poland are dying because of their abortion ban today. 

Oh good Lord !

This ruling wouldn't stop surgery for a miscarriage.

Stop making ***** up.

The PROPER treatment for a miscarriage is a D&C.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

And they know that but they just don't care. 

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Oh good Lord !

Stop making ***** up.

Do you actually believe that wholeheartedly? Do you not think that there's someone crazy enough to bring that argument to court? The petitioner will say that the body has natural mechanisms to remove a dead fetus, and having an abortion to remove it is a slippery slope to pro choice. (Think guns, don't give an inch)

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Oh good Lord !

Stop making ***** up.

You're asking the guy who waits eagerly for made up nonsense from a political hack committe to stop making ***** up?

Surely you jest. Making ***** up is like breathing for him.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Is a miscarriage really an abortion though... nothing is being aborted, the child has passed away inside the mothers body and rightfully so should be removed for the mothers health. Sorry you all had to go through that... my Mom did twice when I was younger.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No. I hate the decision.

I am pointing out that everything was pointing to the Republicans flipping Congress in November. Now, not so much. This will be an extremely unpopular decision.

I expect any sympathy and support Democrats might gain will literally go up in flames with what many expect to be violent protests and attacks on churches, pregnancy center, and other organizations and facilities.  Like petulant children the left has shown no restraint if they don't get their way. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I expect any sympathy and support Democrats might gain will literally go up in flames with what many expect to be violent protests and attacks on churches, pregnancy center, and other organizations and facilities.  Like petulant children the left has shown no restraint if they don't get their way. 

Agreed.  The left is going to go absolutely nuts over this.  Any gains they might have made (which I believe are far less than some expect) are going to evaporate in the aftermath of the temper tantrum that's about to ensue.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

While this is likely to happen I can see a path where the dems still get a bump from this decision despite the likely violence.

If you get bipartisan condemnation of violence along with condemnation from the legacy media then the dems might get their bump still.

But that won't happen of course, and I suspect ignoring/ excusing political violence will continue driving independents red.

14 minutes ago, ALF said:

The vote was 6 to 3, with Chief Justice John Roberts writing a separate concurring opinion.

I would have thought Roberts would vote the other way

Being a shorter opinion I was able to read through his, which is basically concurring with the judgment regarding the Mississippi law but arguing that the larger issue should not have been addressed in this case. An opinion for judicial restraint, essentially. 

Edited by LeviF
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, nkreed said:

Do you actually believe that wholeheartedly? Do you not think that there's someone crazy enough to bring that argument to court? The petitioner will say that the body has natural mechanisms to remove a dead fetus, and having an abortion to remove it is a slippery slope to pro choice. (Think guns, don't give an inch)

A D&C , A dilation and curettage procedure is used to scrape out the remaining tissue from a spontaneous miscarriage. NOT AN ABORTION

This has nothing to do with it.

See how this works ?

Goose types out a false reaction to today's ruling and now I have to point it out repeatedly.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Highest inflation in 40 years. Open border ***** show. Anti gun legislation. A President with clear dementia. 

Sure, this decision is gonna pull that rabbit out of the hat for you.

Delusional. 

Don't accuse Donald Trump* of having "clear dementia."

*A reminder that your mentor, your sensei your ... svengali! holds that he is the true President-in-Palm Beach-Exile. Soon to be restored.

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

born of in vitro fertilization. That will now be illegal in many states.

link?

14 minutes ago, nkreed said:

(Think guns, don't give an inch)

And as we all know, there are zero regulations on the books for guns today.  Lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

A D&C , A dilation and curettage procedure is used to scrape out the remaining tissue from a spontaneous miscarriage. NOT AN ABORTION

This has nothing to do with it.

See how this works ?

Goose types out a false reaction to today's ruling and now I have to point it out repeatedly.

Dead fetus = spontaneous abortion, not induced abortion. So, correct.

But: nonviable fetus? Severe genetic defect, sure to be "born" stillborn? Illegal to abort that fetus in many states. Make that mom deliver!

47 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The best day for Democrats since both Georgia Senate races went their way in late 2020!

Republicans who love Trump because "he put pro-life conservatives on the Court": be careful what you wish for.

Imagine considering yourself a women's rights activist and cheering this decision because now your team is gonna win.

It's like saying "I hate injuries but I'm pumped Tom Brady just got hurt for the year!"