Renting a house in Buffalo for the season

extrahammer

I just want to thank everyone for the overwhelming response, feel free to keep them coming but just wanted to say how much I appreciate everyone recommending things to check out, right now I have a list of about 15-20 things. I know people say there's not much to do in Buffalo, but IMO it's like any other place, it is what you and your friends and family make of it. 🍺

• Like (+1) 1

One attraction that hasn't been mentioned is the Erie County Fair in Hamburg for about 10 days in mid/late August. It's one of the largest county fairs in the US (I think that Los Angeles County Fair may be larger) and is larger than some state fairs.  It has a massive midway, top grandstand shows, all kinds of shows, exhibits, and/or demonstrations -- conservation, historical, agricultural, and cultural.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

On 6/24/2022 at 9:29 AM, extrahammer said:

So a buddy and myself have been kicking around the idea of renting a house in Buffalo for the season, I work remotely and he's a traveling doctor. I'm usually in Buffalo a few times per year for games, we're renting from August to February. 

I was hoping I could get some suggestions on things to check out in the area, sightseeing, things going on, etc, between August and February, I know after November December it becomes a lot less likely to do as much outdoors, but wanted to hear some local feedback. I've done Niagara, Letchworth, and many of the local Buffalo parks, but was hoping to hear and visit some things I haven't heard much or anything about. Any suggestions are much appreciated! Go Bills! 🙏

We have a house already there and have season tickets, looking for suggestions of things to check out outside of those things.. including food recs. I haven't tried Bar Bill but have had Duff's, the mac and cheese place near Batavia, love all types of food so. 

My family has a house in Niagara that we are using for rental/Air BNB. Can accommodate a large group. Send me a message if interested.

On 6/24/2022 at 9:47 AM, hondo in seattle said:

Huh?  Rental prices are lower in Buffalo than most other cities.

Sightseeing?  Two Frank Lloyd Wright Houses...  Pierce Arrow Museum...  Architectural tour...

If you like donuts, I saw a list somewhere with Paula's Donuts as one of the 10 best donut shops in America.  

great call.  the architecture is underrated when people talk about Buffalo.  

On 6/28/2022 at 2:10 PM, SoTier said:

One attraction that hasn't been mentioned is the Erie County Fair in Hamburg for about 10 days in mid/late August. It's one of the largest county fairs in the US (I think that Los Angeles County Fair may be larger) and is larger than some state fairs.  It has a massive midway, top grandstand shows, all kinds of shows, exhibits, and/or demonstrations -- conservation, historical, agricultural, and cultural.   

NYS Fair in Syracuse not too far away either. 

On 6/27/2022 at 12:44 PM, extrahammer said:

I just want to thank everyone for the overwhelming response, feel free to keep them coming but just wanted to say how much I appreciate everyone recommending things to check out, right now I have a list of about 15-20 things. I know people say there's not much to do in Buffalo, but IMO it's like any other place, it is what you and your friends and family make of it. 🍺

where are you guys coming from?   

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/28/2022 at 2:10 PM, SoTier said:

^^^ 

it’s also one of the oldest county fairs too and definitely one of the largest

plenty to do

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.