Bar-Bill Help

thenorthremembers

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Wife and I are heading into Buffalo this weekend for our anniversary.   She wants to head out to Bar-Bill for wings and hit a Bisons game.

Is there much of a difference between Bar-Bill North and Bar-Bill Tavern?   What wings do you suggest?

Take a ride to EA...that's where it started.  I like "medium cajun" with some extra sauce on the side.

Might as well get a Mini roast beef on weck while you're there.

Have fun.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Take a ride to EA...that's where it started.  I like "medium cajun" with some extra sauce on the side.

Might as well get a Mini roast beef on weck while you're there.

Have fun.

Appreciate it brother.   Thinking thats what we will do.    Checked out the menu last night.  The beer of weck looks massive!

• Like (+1) 1

I've been to the North location. Their rooftop patio is large, plenty of seating on the inside too. It is in a historic location (The old Red Mill Inn). 

I would go with the others and go to East Aurora however, if for no other reason is you'll be in East Aurora. The Main St North location is just a restaurant on a busy street. The East Aurora location is somewhere where you can eat dinner then you and your wife can take a walk through the village, hit up an ice cream shop for desert. Steve Tasker's son has just such a place right down the street from Bar Bill. https://www.havearosieday.com/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Wife and I are heading into Buffalo this weekend for our anniversary.   She wants to head out to Bar-Bill for wings and hit a Bisons game.

Is there much of a difference between Bar-Bill North and Bar-Bill Tavern?   What wings do you suggest?

Agree with Fergs.  Go to EA and a dozen wings with a mini weck is a fantastic combo.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

When faced with the same choice last year, I went to the East Aurora location.  Everything I read suggested the North location was not as good and quality was less consistent, but I cannot personally attest.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

I've been to the North location. Their rooftop patio is large, plenty of seating on the inside too. It is in a historic location (The old Red Mill Inn). 

I would go with the others and go to East Aurora however, if for no other reason is you'll be in East Aurora. The Main St North location is just a restaurant on a busy street. The East Aurora location is somewhere where you can eat dinner then you and your wife can take a walk through the village, hit up an ice cream shop for desert. Steve Tasker's son has just such a place right down the street from Bar Bill. https://www.havearosieday.com/

I never knew that was Tasker's kids place, pretty cool.  I'm rarely in that area but next time I am I will try to check it out.

I got take-out from the EA location a couple weeks ago, and was a little worried because sometimes wing skin gets soggy in the box while you drive home.  My fears were unfounded, they were still the best wings I have ever had anywhere.  I swear angels look over this place.  

Edited by coloradobillsfan
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

You still need help

Oh, more than you know! 

Staying at a Ritz in CA while the wife works thru today, then we head to wine country.  The “cheap” wine is over $30/glass with tax and tip. $end ca$H! 

Edited by Augie
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I've been to both locations and I couldn't tell any difference. Food was fantastic.

I agree with everyone here that has said that if you get both wings & beef on weck, get a small beef on weck.

I made the mistake of getting wings and a regular sized beef on weck.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

I've been to both locations and I couldn't tell any difference. Food was fantastic.

I agree with everyone here that has said that if you get both wings & beef on weck, get a small beef on weck.

I made the mistake of getting wings and a regular sized beef on weck.

I’ve never been to either (hopefully next trip), but I really like that they thought it through and created a small beef on weck. I absolutely MUST get both wings and beef on weck, but I probably couldn’t finish either one on a hungry day. Having a smaller option would make me feel less decadent and wasteful. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.