Tony Siragusa Died

aristocrat

52 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Although I question calling him an "NFL Legend".

I respectfully disagree Mark.  I’ve always thought of him as an NFL legend.  Fantastic production throughout his entire career and a key piece to that 2000 Ravens Defense.  I think his sideline reporting put him over the top and made him a national figure to all NFL fans.

On 6/22/2022 at 5:58 PM, boater said:

Yeah. That's why I'm religious about my CPAP.

RIP Tony. I didn't know you were on the Sopranos. Good trivia question there.

Interesting,  I hadn't heard that was a potential risk of sleep apnea (my dad had it, and got a cpap machine, but he ended up dying from cancer at 49, which is pretty damn close to 55).

You know what could be cool, or more so really helpful. During the season, having a pinned thread that talks about symptoms or impacts of common medical issues. Like here are some symptoms, if you have any, you need to call someone to schedule an appointment. 

Having said that, I'm horrible at scheduling doctors appointments, especially given I have ADHD. I like it when I'm seeing the Dr (as a healthy 38 year old that hasn't had a physical moreso blood work  in like 5 years), but scheduling an apt, from finding a dr, to thinking about my calendar, to calling them, to adjusting my work schedule, yada yada...

I don't know that I have a point to dismount on...I know if I had sleep apnea per my significant other, knowing that it could lead to an enlarged heart...that would likely get me to overcome my anxiety around scheduling a Dr's apt (you know, the thing that would take me like 10 minutes to do, but in the moment feel like a crazy insurmountable obstacle.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Interesting,  I hadn't heard that was a potential risk of sleep apnea (my dad had it, and got a cpap machine, but he ended up dying from cancer at 49, which is pretty damn close to 55).

You know what could be cool, or more so really helpful. During the season, having a pinned thread that talks about symptoms or impacts of common medical issues. Like here are some symptoms, if you have any, you need to call someone to schedule an appointment. 

Having said that, I'm horrible at scheduling doctors appointments, especially given I have ADHD. I like it when I'm seeing the Dr (as a healthy 38 year old that hasn't had a physical moreso blood work  in like 5 years), but scheduling an apt, from finding a dr, to thinking about my calendar, to calling them, to adjusting my work schedule, yada yada...

I don't know that I have a point to dismount on...I know if I had sleep apnea per my significant other, knowing that it could lead to an enlarged heart...that would likely get me to overcome my anxiety around scheduling a Dr's apt (you know, the thing that would take me like 10 minutes to do, but in the moment feel like a crazy insurmountable obstacle.

Nothing personal, but I CRINGE at the THOUGHT of a pinned thread with this crowd playing doctor on the internet. For so many reasons…… You should get to know us better!  :)

I always liked watching Goose on the Fox football games he was bigger than life personality & seemed to be a down to earth guy gone way to soon prayers up to his family !! 

Has anyone heard what exactly he died from ?? 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/23/2022 at 7:10 PM, HardyBoy said:

dude. I used to have these scheduling issues.  My advice: make the apt NOW.    First thing when you finish reading this.  Call a Primary Care Physician in your area. Make an apt.  Just pick a day and time and move other stuff around if needed.   And if something comes up, move the Dr. apt.  It’s all about the inertia, once you get it on the calendar you’ll get there even if it gets moved once or so.

(Also, make sure to see someone for ADHD, and the PCP you see could recommend someone.  Mental health is also important.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.