If you thought the doubters were gone...they're not.

dollars 2 donuts

On 6/22/2022 at 3:00 PM, eball said:

Sports talk shows in which co-hosts are expected to take contrasting viewpoints have completely ruined sports talk.  It's now just about who can yell the loudest and make the most extreme statements.  There is very little sincerity.  Some of the solo hosts are ok but most of it is trash.

I recall fondly the days of ESPN's Sports Reporters.  Mike Lupica was the "bad guy" and if you looked back at those shows now they were tame by comparison.

Not unlike partisan politics and the 24 hour news cycle. When there are only two "teams," there isn't a lot of room for nuance. 

I actually think that Mayfield, when healthy, IS in fact a decent NFL starter who can show flashes of high end production. I also think that he came into the league pretty darned close to his ceiling, so there isn't much room for growth. (And did himself NO favors playing through the shoulder injury last year; funny how he gets very little praise for being a gamer.)

Kind of like Tua, but with an actual NFL arm. Tua is out here trying to succeed in the 2022 NFL with 2010 Chad Pennington's arm. He's better than his physical traits indicate (like Mayfield), but ultimately capped.  

• Agree 1

On 6/22/2022 at 12:54 PM, dollars 2 donuts said:

Starting at 7:36.

I submit to you all...Skippy.

EDIT:  I was able to start it, or rather link it, right from where Shannon asked the question.

EDIT 2:  Clinging...clinging to his talisman Baker and that he  is better than Josh.  

Dognuts (affectionately my friend), you have to stop watching this crap.  It’s a lesson in masochism.  

I enjoy WGR, NFLR, and GMFB.  Not always, but more times than not.  I’ve given up on the other shows.  Skip Clueless?  Cmon Donuts, you know better bud.

I appreciate you sharing though.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Dognuts (affectionately my friend), you have to stop watching this crap.  It’s a lesson in masochism.  

I enjoy WGR, NFLR, and GMFB.  Not always, but more times than not.  I’ve given up on the other shows.  Skip Clueless?  Cmon Donuts, you know better bud.

I appreciate you sharing though.

Guns, I promise you I am not watching it.

Truly, as I have stated this in another thread around here, I really don't like sports talk shows.  Radio?  yes, but not TV and I haven't watched for awhile.

BUUUUTTTTTT this showed up on my twitter.  I think Prime-time Buffalo Rumblings posted it with the comment "Mother of God".

...which is bad form because I truly believe God would never allow such lunacy.

Although he did allow "Hello Larry" to have a full season.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

12 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

A tuned and modded civic can get up to 750hp maybe more. So there's a chance it's faster. 

In a straight line, which is valid to some. I believe a car should be judged on driving a road course since it has to be a complete car that way.

Drag racing is simple, lightest car + most powerful engine with a decent rear suspension for traction = win.

I'm a racing snob though lol

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Feels like he's taking the Nick Wrong path to clicks right now.

pretty sure it’s the other way around and Nick has been aping Skip his entire career. He’s now the budget Skip - makes 20x less for the more of the same shtick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.