If you thought the doubters were gone...they're not.

dollars 2 donuts

7 hours ago, Buffalosouth said:

The Nick Wright model of getting clicks and views is alive and well or we like our echo chamber and could never accept an outside opinion even if it is wrong.

It is Nick Wright following the Skip Bayless model -- not the other way around.

6 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Bayless is indeed an idiot, but he's not so much doubting Allen as he is saying that Baker hasn't had enough of a chance for us to know what he is yet. 

Still a bit wacky.

At 8M per year, he is not an idiot.  He is lacking in any integrity but he knows exactly what he is doing.

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Like (+1) 1

Why oh why oh why.....do people insist on referring to Mayfield as Baker. 

Greats in many sports have earned the status of being referred to by one name, usually their first, with the total sports world knowing exactly who they are in their era.

Kobe, Magic, Emmitt, Troy, Peyton, Michael, Mick, Jimbo, Bruce, Thurman, Reggie, Deion.

and maybe soon Josh, or Aaron (Judge), Patrick (Mahomes).

But when did this guy Mayfield obtain or earn that status, here and in the press. Certainly not from playing success, maybe from his arrogance when he came into the league and legendary? attitude to others, or now the pity everyone feels about how one of the worst franchises in the NFL is treating him and how suddenly how humble he has become (good for him showing class). 

Whatever the reason, I think it is disrespectful to those classy players who earned legendary status...IMHO. (just something that bugs me, sorry for the rant)🙃

8 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I hate to admit it but Skips right. Josh has Diggs, and had a brilliant young mind in Daboll. We'll see how Josh does without him, I think he might revert back to his rookie year form.

Baker went #1 overall for a reason. Give him some more weapons and stability, and he's clearly ready to break out

The first point is ridiculous. Josh is going to revert to his rookie form when he didn’t know how to play QB after 3 playoff appearances and two MVP caliber seasons because Daboll left? Josh made Daboll, not the other way around

Baker has had some turmoil in Cleveland, but the notion of no weapons is absurd. He had Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt, Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckham and one of the best offensive lines in The NFL. Baker has not met expectations at all

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The easiest gambit in sports entertainment is to say something unflattering about a Buffalo Bill. 

You fell for it - again. 

All you’ve done is bought another ticket to their circus and made them richer.

As Barnum supposedly said, “There’s a sucker born every minute.”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

18 hours ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

Josh Allen executes a literal PERFECT offensive performance..

in the playoffs..

against bill belichick's defense. 

"I need to see more" 

This is peak delusion here, ladies and gents

Until Josh Allen defeats the Packers, 85 Bears, and 07 Patriots in the Super Bowl at the same time while also defeating Thanos in the parking lot and the Emperor in pre game I need to see more.

• Haha (+1) 2

22 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Starting at 7:36.

I submit to you all...Skippy.

EDIT:  I was able to start it, or rather link it, right from where Shannon asked the question.

EDIT 2:  Clinging...clinging to his talisman Baker and that he  is better than Josh.  

This is the reason that I don't watch any kind of talk shows.

• Like (+1) 2

Anybody noticing that there seems to be something exceedingly wrong about the pundits and fans that still criticize Allen? 

Like the first response should to their criticism should be...."Hmmm, let's talk about YOU and who hurt you."

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Supposedly if Allen had already been taken and Mayfield was still available, rumor has it he was the Bills second choice.  Assuming that had happened, how do we think he would have done here?  Skip is correct in that having 4 OC's and HC hasn't helped Mayfield at all.  He did appear to turn the corner in 2020 season before getting hurt this past year?  Admittedly Cleveland did have a better run game than the Bills have and a better O line.  But maybe if Mayfield was here, the Bills offense would also have looked different.

Skip is a clickbait dumpster fire who prevents people with real talent from getting promoted.

With that being said, I almost feel bad for the Dolphins fans because I agree about Baker.  I think he can still be salvaged into a solid starter.  However, the Dolphins are all in in Tua and have to be at this point.  You can't bring Baker in this year and not have it affect Tua.  However, I think the Dolphins would be wise to hope Baker doesn't get a new deal and hits FA next season.  That Dolphins roster is a whole lot scarier to me with Baker than it is with Tua.

• Agree 1

On 6/22/2022 at 2:18 PM, Warcodered said:

and you can tell how stupid it is after he stumbles over his words after Shannon points out the obvious of how can he not have faith in Allen if he still has faith in Mayfield.

If Shannon Sharpe is on you for stumbling your words......

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.