Alternate Uniforms

GustheDog33

I totally get the NFL not wanting players to have multiple helmets. And I totally get players liking to wear the same single helmet. 

What I don't get is why the rule has been in place for so long and why they added a second helmet. We have been wrapping cars now for a while, can they not wrap a a helmet? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Give me 90s or give me….

badly sprained ankle!

The 90's look would be cool for one game a season. I prefer the white helmet over the red one. The charging Buffalo stands out more off the white helmet.

• Agree 4
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, GustheDog33 said:

PFT has an article up today about the Patriots and their Pat the Patriot uniforms for the 2022 season.  With the new helmet rules in place for the Fall, does anyone have any information about the Bills plans for alternate or throwback uniforms?

great question. It will be updated in 2bd as the occasion comes up in chat you can be certain. 

I doubt anyone knows that kind of info yet or if its even been decided? *shrugs* that falls under Bills marketing Id imagine

15 minutes ago, Mango said:

I totally get the NFL not wanting players to have multiple helmets. And I totally get players liking to wear the same single helmet. 

What I don't get is why the rule has been in place for so long and why they added a second helmet. We have been wrapping cars now for a while, can they not wrap a a helmet? 

Ditto. Out 1st Throwback uni was a MNF game vs. Denver in the 90’s. Because we weren’t allowed to wear white helmets, the red one with a white, grazing buffalo looked hideous. It looked like a flock of geese let loose together overhead.. 🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ditto. Out 1st Throwback uni was a MNF game vs. Denver in the 90’s. Because we weren’t allowed to wear white helmets, the red one with a white, grazing buffalo looked hideous. It looked like a flock of geese let loose together overhead.. 🤦‍♂️

image.png.cf3ac63894956f1bd3196385c2c558ba.png

• Vomit 6
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 3

21 minutes ago, Mango said:

AFAIK, they do use multiple wraps on the same helmet. They only use wraps for the logos though. So, for example, the same standard white helmet is used for the base Bills helmet as well as the throwback standing Buffalo logo helmet. They just can’t re-wrap an entire helmet in a entirely different color, hence that’s why the red helmet could not be used until this coming season (need two helmets.)

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

AFAIK, they do use multiple wraps on the same helmet. They only use wraps for the logos though. So, for example, the same standard white helmet is used for the base Bills helmet as well as the throwback standing Buffalo logo helmet. They just can’t re-wrap an entire helmet in a entirely different color, hence that’s why the red helmet could not be used until this coming season (need two helmets.)

Right, I get that they can't because of the rules. And I understand that the decals are vinyl. I can get a white Honda Civic wrapped in red. Why can't I get a white Riddell helmet wrapped the same? It is certainly possible to do so. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

Right, I get that they can't because of the rules. And I understand that the decals are vinyl. I can get a white Honda Civic wrapped in red. Why can't I get a white Riddell helmet wrapped the same? It is certainly possible to do so. 

yes agreed - not sure why they wouldn’t just do full helmet wraps either. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

The 90's look would be cool for one game a season. I prefer the white helmet over the red one. The charging Buffalo stands out more off the white helmet.

Same.  A one game appearance of the red lid is fine but if it never happens I’m good with that too.

The white helmet is far superior to the red. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.