Biden Calls for Gas Tax Holiday

$5.49 in the north isn't it amazing how they think a .18 cent deduction in gas prices is going to make a difference when it has went up from what was $1.89 to $2.05 at the low just a couple of short years ago .

And he does this all before the mid terms coincidence 🤔 ??? Or would it just to slightly lesson the blow to get us use to it before it goes up to $6.00 a gallon ? 

48 minutes ago, T master said:

$5.49 in the north isn't it amazing how they think a .18 cent deduction in gas prices is going to make a difference when it has went up from what was $1.89 to $2.05 at the low just a couple of short years ago .

And he does this all before the mid terms coincidence 🤔 ??? Or would it just to slightly lesson the blow to get us use to it before it goes up to $6.00 a gallon ? 

Come on out! We past $6.00 like it was standing still here in good ‘ol California. What a mess!

My favorite part of the Biden proposal was the "Three months" timeframe.

Like they were going to put that gas tax back on right before the midterm elections........

Good one Joe !

:D

On 6/25/2022 at 3:45 PM, SoCal Deek said:

Come on out! We past $6.00 like it was standing still here in good ‘ol California. What a mess!

God bless you brother if you ask a couple here though this jack wagon is doing a great job at what that might be i'm not sure but they must think he is at something . 

On 6/23/2022 at 11:38 PM, Doc Brown said:

Evidence?

Maybe I could have phrased that sentence differently. It was meant to be an inference from a prediction for the near future, not a statement of the present backed by any sort of rigorous peer-reviewed economics research paper.

My near-term prediction assumes the following conditions:

1. Supply chain networks tending toward normalization as COVID shutdowns and the Russia-Ukraine war’s initial economic perturbations continue to recede in the rearview mirror.

2. Likewise, worldwide consumer habits stabilize.

3. Likewise, global energy corporations stabilize supply releases as they match stabilizing demand.

4. Consumer prices remain sky high.

5. Fossil fuel companies continue to operate at profit margins higher than they were pre-COVID.

6. A persistent lack of connection between consumer prices and the labor market (based on international data comparisons for wage growth and different BLS-equivalent unemployment metrics).

Commie Kay’s Conditional Conclusion: I mean, seriously…if these 6 conditions hold, then what other conclusion should I reach other than corporate pricing power is being overexercised to take advantage of the perceived remnants of a dual global crisis (COVID + Ukraine invasion)? Oil and gas employers set their prices and have practically full control over their supply. We have numbers that can check energy supply and labor market health, so we have ways to call out the typical nonsensical talking points from the green energy-hating conservatives and monetarist libertarian freaks. Direct corporate collusion doesn’t necessarily have to be in play; it could be an incidental market oligopoly effect, given the relatively small number of fossil fuel companies.

Where do you generally stand on this inflation topic, Doc Brown? Would you prefer to address it with high interest rates and fiscal austerity?