Jaylon Ferguson Died

aristocrat

14 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah no. All drugs. I don’t believe in doing any drugs. I don’t agree that so much is acceptable now. 

Caffeine & Alcohol are drugs. Its a weak argument but they definitely are.

But if you are a stone cold sober person it is a personal choice for sure. 

I just figure the human species will always look for ways to get high, and that will never end. Really better to legalize them and regulate them. The black market is to blame for much of this epidemic. Pill mills and pharmaceutical companies have their hands in it as well, but these entities aren't cutting things with fentanyl.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Rico said:

Still best as always to grow your own.

7 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Legal regulated weed in Washington.... but yeah if you don't know the source.

I've never grown marijuana and based on my garden, I doubt I could.

I can go across the border to Mass., and get flower from a dispensary, but that is expensive.  I do have a trusted source (a former employee, LOL) and I don't partake very often.  So, I drive an hour every couple months to meet her/get trusted weed.  As a matter of fact, I'm meeting her tomorrow, then heading to Mass., to get some edibles at a dispensary.

If I ever lost this person as my source, then I'd just bite the bullet and get the flower from a dispensary.  I take no chances.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Gugny said:

I can go across the border to Mass., and get flower from a dispensary, but that is expensive.  

What are the prices for 1/4 oz?    I can do it for between $50 and $80.

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I've never grown marijuana and based on my garden, I doubt I could.

I can go across the border to Mass., and get flower from a dispensary, but that is expensive.  I do have a trusted source (a former employee, LOL) and I don't partake very often.  So, I drive an hour every couple months to meet her/get trusted weed.  As a matter of fact, I'm meeting her tomorrow, then heading to Mass., to get some edibles at a dispensary.

If I ever lost this person as my source, then I'd just bite the bullet and get the flower from a dispensary.  I take no chances.

I'm calling the cops right now

• Haha (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Caffeine & Alcohol are drugs. Its a weak argument but they definitely are.

But if you are a stone cold sober person it is a personal choice for sure. 

I just figure the human species will always look for ways to get high, and that will never end. Really better to legalize them and regulate them. The black market is to blame for much of this epidemic. Pill mills and pharmaceutical companies have their hands in it as well, but these entities aren't cutting things with fentanyl.

Caffeine and alcohol are drugs is the weakest argument I’ve ever heard in my life. But if you want to go with that. Whatever. 

All drugs are bad imo. They are doing nothing but degrading society, and these days, at incredible rates. There was once a war on drugs. (maybe some of it was political) but it was beneficial at the time, for many years. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Caffeine and alcohol are drugs is the weakest argument I’ve ever heard in my life. But if you want to go with that. Whatever. 

All drugs are bad imo. They are doing nothing but degrading society, and these days, at incredible rates. There was once a war on drugs. (maybe some of it was political) but it was beneficial at the time, for many years. 

You can't argue Alcohol and Caffeine are not drugs really. They alter your mind. Alcohol is definitely a drug. How many Alcoholics does our society have. How many people get fall down drunk on weekends. Caffeine is accepted but it does not change any facts, its a mind altering chemical

As for degrading society, society has always had these issues all the way back through time. This is not a new phenomenon, and as humans progress and create more things to get high upon they will be used till the very end of time. You will never stop it. That is unless you want every bit of your life under a microscope. I don't think that will fly in a society based of freedom

AND all drugs are not bad that's a weird argument. Drugs are a problem when they have physically addictive properties, and black market suppliers. Marijuana and Psychedelics are both substances with no physical addictive properties. Marijuana is accepted now and its safer than Alcohol, nobody in the history of the world has ever O.D. on marijuana. Psychedelic's are just fun in moderation, but moderation is another argument.

• Like (+1) 3

22 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

It's hard to die from an OD on Benzos.  A lot of the "overdoses" happening in this country are really poisonings from pills spiked with fatal amounts of Fentanyl.  Taking any pill today that isn't purchased at a pharmacy is like playing Russian Roulette.  There was a group of cadets from West Point who were on Spring Break earlier this year who got some pills spiked with fentanyl and some of them died.  A first responder did mouth to mouth on one of them and almost died himself from coming in contact with the residual fentanyl on the cadets lips.  How crazy is that? 

100,000 Americans died from "overdoses" last year, the vast majority were actually poisonings with fentanyl laced pills.  77% of all deaths in teenagers in this country is from fentanyl poisonings.  If you have kids you absolutely have to have the talk about this with them.  It's a mass poisoning on a scale never seen before and no one seems to be willing to call out the companies in China making the fentanyl (with the OK from their government) and shipping it to the Mexican cartels to smuggle across the southern border (with the OK from their narco-government) into our county.

Why didn’t the first responder have an ambu bag? Mouth to mouth has long been deemed not best practice.

4 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

You can't argue Alcohol and Caffeine are not drugs really. They alter your mind. Alcohol is definitely a drug. How many Alcoholics does our society have. How many people get fall down drunk on weekends. Caffeine is accepted but it does not change any facts, its a mind altering chemical

As for degrading society, society has always had these issues all the way back through time. This is not a new phenomenon, and as humans progress and create more things to get high upon they will be used till the very end of time. You will never stop it. That is unless you want every bit of your life under a microscope. I don't think that will fly in a society based of freedom

AND all drugs are not bad that's a weird argument. Drugs are a problem when they have physically addictive properties, and black market suppliers. Marijuana and Psychedelics are both substances with no physical addictive properties. Marijuana is accepted now and its safer than Alcohol, nobody in the history of the world has ever O.D. on marijuana. Psychedelic's are just fun in moderation, but moderation is another argument.

Well. I disagree with much of what you said. I’ll accept comparing alcohol and calling it a drug because it is mind altering. Caffeine is comical imo. 

there’s plenty of things that can be classified as drugs. Technically they are. But they don’t compare to things like heroin, cocaine, etc. 

And I can’t even get into an argument about weed because there is no winning the argument. It’s accepted in society now. I think this is absolute bull$”!t. It shouldn’t be and no one will ever change my opinion on this. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

caffine and alcohol are absolutely drugs.  you just may not want to think so because you partake.  alcohol actually may be one of the worst drugs of the bunch.  i also don't see how anyone felt the "war on drugs' was in any way successful.  it was a total waste of time and money.

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, teef said:

caffine and alcohol are absolutely drugs.  you just may not want to think so because you partake.  alcohol actually may be one of the worst drugs of the bunch.  i also do see how anyone felt the "war on drugs' was in any way successful.  it was a total waste of time and money.

Agreed.  "Just Say No" was a colossal failure.  Totally out of touch, tone deaf, illogical and impractical.

15 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Why didn’t the first responder have an ambu bag? Mouth to mouth has long been deemed not best practice.

Inigo meant well, but got come facts twisted. It was coke (most common for fentanyl ODs) not pills, and bystanders not first responders. But his point still stands.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/11/us/west-point-cadets-fentanyl-overdose.html

Several West Point cadets were among six young men on spring break who overdosed this week on what was believed to be cocaine laced with fentanyl at a rental home in Wilton Manors, Fla., officials said Friday.

When the local police arrived at the home around 5 p.m. Thursday, two bystanders were performing CPR on two unconscious men on the lawn, Battalion Chief Stephen Gollan of Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue said in an interview. Two others were unconscious inside the house, he added.

The two bystanders had not used the substance, but they also went into respiratory arrest because of their exposure from performing mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, Chief Gollan said.

Emergency medical workers administered the anti-overdose medication Narcan, a brand-name version of naloxone, Chief Gollan said.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Agreed.  "Just Say No" was a colossal failure.  Totally out of touch, tone deaf, illogical and impractical.

of course it was.  i'm not sure how anyone can think that was beneficial.  

44 minutes ago, mrags said:

I've had a harder time getting off of caffeine then I did getting off of weed. I still use caffeine. But the withdrawal from caffeine is way worse than weed. Since weed you don't have any physical withdrawal symptoms.   If I don't have caffeine for a day I can't function very good

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Inigo meant well, but got come facts twisted. It was coke (most common for fentanyl ODs) not pills, and bystanders not first responders. But his point still stands.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/11/us/west-point-cadets-fentanyl-overdose.html

All good 😊. How sad thou - I tell patients all the time to leave that junk alone. Some listen, some do not, and play a stupid game where you can win a stupid prize.

48 minutes ago, mrags said:

• Mixed messages from society/govt.  Smoking tobacco very bad.  Smoking weed awesome - legalize it everywhere and celebrate.  Drinking alcohol ??  
  • People forfeiting employment because they can't pass a drug test.  Contractors can't find help to show up for work without being high.  A local concrete contractor talked about a "lost generation".
  • Idle hands and a purposeless life beg for trouble.
  • Re football, pain management will continue to be a part of the sport for pros.  Nobody takes repeated shots from monsters of men without paying a price.  I expect pain management will be aggressively addressed by the more functional teams.  

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

it is possible to OD on thc so marijuana OD is possible but yes never happens. Same w caffeine and nicotine.

yes marijuana and some others like psychedelics and even cocaine are not physically addicting, however, the psychological addiction for those predisposed is real. Especially for those self medicating PTSD, trauma, mental illness diseases, depression, etc etc....is very very real and bears watching.

weed and psychedelics are much safer and good to see weed accepted now. Psychedelics have long way to win over gov't..

i don't do any but am pro weed. It is safer than alcohol and smoking for nicotine.

Edited by cba fan

11 minutes ago, cba fan said:

it is possible to OD on thc so marijuana OD is possible but yes never happens. Same w caffeine and nicotine.

yes marijuana and some others like psychedelics and even cocaine are not physically addicting, however, the psychological addiction for those predisposed is real. Especially for those self medicating PTSD, trauma, mental illness diseases, depression, etc etc....is very very real and bears watching.

weed and psychedelics are much safer and good to see weed accepted now. Psychedelics have long way to win over gov't..

i don't do any but am pro weed. It is safer than alcohol and smoking for nicotine.

When I do partake, I use a vaporizer (https://arizer.com/solo2/) which significantly reduces the smoke and just gives me the good stuff.

I'll bring it to the Steelers game and let @mragsgive it a whirl!!

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Everyone knows where it comes from. Everyone knows how it gets here. Should be an easy fix.

Well, it was coming from China, so they banned it coming in from China, so then it moved to being made in Mexico and other places.

Fixes tend to have unintended consequences, and when people take a perspective that something is easy and not a nuanced problem...you get into the mess we're in now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.