Jaylon Ferguson Died

aristocrat

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I dont say this as a knock or to bismerch him in any way, but some well-connected, well-sourced folks are saying the scene would indicate OD. From that, I assume it is the now all too common coke/painkillers laced with fentanyl.

Fair enough, I'm not trying to rumor monger. Just reacting to info being put out, even when that info is very unofficial.

Unfortunately, you are looking like you are right.  My apologies. 

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Definitely fentanyl . It's synthetic so dealers commonly add food coloring to distinguish their product. Mixed with Benzos aka Xanax is a deadly combo

I’m not saying this was fentanyl, but somewhere I have a photo of how much it takes to kill you. It’s little more than a speck.  The damage it’s doing to our society, and our families, is horrific. 

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m not saying this was fentanyl, but somewhere I have a photo of how much it takes to kill you. It’s little more than a speck.  The damage it’s doing to our society, and our families, is horrific. 

Everyone knows where it comes from. Everyone knows how it gets here. Should be an easy fix.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Beast said:

Don't want to start a new thread until confirmation (hope none) that Tony Siragusa has died.

9B73ED85-1B25-40A6-81E0-8D1C18B8A018.jpeg

Guess it was confirmed. Sad day for the Ravens and football fans.

RIP, Goose. Thank you for your contributions to the game we all love.

Edited by Beast

4 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Everyone knows where it comes from. Everyone knows how it gets here. Should be an easy fix.

You might think it would be easy to fix, but it’s not. We lost our oldest son four years ago when he snorted something that had fentanyl in it. As I said above, it just takes a speck. 

This isn’t something that just happens to people you don’t know. It’s a serious problem everywhere. Rich, poor, young or old….it’s happening all over.  I wish it could be stopped, but the people making that money don’t care if other people die as long as the cash rolls in. 

• Sad 6
  • Angry 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

No addict wants to be an addict.  If it was as easy as saying, "well, I think I'll stop using meth or heroin today," then the crisis wouldn't exist.  The fentanyl just makes already addictive drugs even more addictive and I'd guess that most users know that they're playing Russian roulette every time they score.  But their bodies are in control of their minds at that point.  It's not an easy fix.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

No addict wants to be an addict.  If it was as easy as saying, "well, I think I'll stop using meth or heroin today," then the crisis wouldn't exist.  The fentanyl just makes already addictive drugs even more addictive and I'd guess that most users know that they're playing Russian roulette every time they score.  But their bodies are in control of their minds at that point.  It's not an easy fix.

Not talking about the people, just the sourcing. It’s like the post office in the untouchables. Everyone knows where the stuff is, but who wants to cross Capone? As for the addicted, that’s why you never trust a junkie. They have no agency.

17 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

It's hard to die from an OD on Benzos.  A lot of the "overdoses" happening in this country are really poisonings from pills spiked with fatal amounts of Fentanyl.  Taking any pill today that isn't purchased at a pharmacy is like playing Russian Roulette.  There was a group of cadets from West Point who were on Spring Break earlier this year who got some pills spiked with fentanyl and some of them died.  A first responder did mouth to mouth on one of them and almost died himself from coming in contact with the residual fentanyl on the cadets lips.  How crazy is that? 

100,000 Americans died from "overdoses" last year, the vast majority were actually poisonings with fentanyl laced pills.  77% of all deaths in teenagers in this country is from fentanyl poisonings.  If you have kids you absolutely have to have the talk about this with them.  It's a mass poisoning on a scale never seen before and no one seems to be willing to call out the companies in China making the fentanyl (with the OK from their government) and shipping it to the Mexican cartels to smuggle across the southern border (with the OK from their narco-government) into our county.

I have college age kids. I'm not gonna say exactly what I did at that age, but suffice to say I wasn't always real careful about what I ingested.

My advice to my kids now is way beyond the "just don't do drugs" stuff of my youth. It really is that dangerous now ... you've just got to keep away.

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, H2o said:

It's wreaking havoc in the area right now. It started to trickle out of Delaware and work it's way south, a batch of pills that has been killing a bunch of people. There was a news report a couple of weeks ago here in VA that multiple teenagers had OD'd and died, with the youngest being 13 or 14. 

Moral of the story. Don’t do drugs 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Well not all drugs...Stay away from narcotics, powders and pills.

You even need to be careful buying weed now.  Dealers are lacing that with fentanyl, too.  The days of scoring a dimebag from any Joe Schmo you meet are long gone.  Way too risky.

• Like (+1) 1

i think at this point, if you're taking anything that isn't prescription or from a brick and mortar store, it's a massive gamble.  if i had the same habits now that i did 15 years ago, i'd be in massive trouble.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You even need to be careful buying weed now.  Dealers are lacing that with fentanyl, too.  The days of scoring a dimebag from any Joe Schmo you meet are long gone.  Way too risky.

Still best as always to grow your own.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Legal regulated weed in Washington.... but yeah if you don't know the source.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.