Niners’ Kittle advocating for two bye weeks

UConn James

20 hours ago, UConn James said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49ers-george-kittle-advocates-for-two-bye-weeks-says-he-spends-a-couple-hundred-thousand-on-body-upkeep/amp/

Absolutely going to be a necessary addition, especially when the owners go to 18 regular season games. It’s needed even now with 17.

Wonder what the “upkeep” costs are that aren’t covered by the team / insurance….

League year went into mid-February and the sky did not fall, interest did not decline, over-saturation was not a thing.

Even during the Kelly years there used to be two bye weeks. Time to go back to that.

57E7DCEC-E1B9-4C93-AD4D-F49F5A92F9D2.jpeg

But wouldn't 18 games and 2 byes put the Super Bowl the week AFTER President's Day?

I think they want the SB to be President's Day weekend - not near the end of February.  

4 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Nice to hear from you, MGK.

Clarification question on your comment about the 2032 CBA. Did you mean that we won’t have an 18th game until then, that we won’t have a second bye until then or both? I hope it’s not until 2032 as I was really looking forward to going to an 18th game sooner.

Thanks for clarifying, bro!

The 619er, I’m just relaying the message the guys purported what is most likely and they have been right more than wrong.  They stated, not me, that a new deal will come with the next CBA, and I believe that is 2032.  They stated the most likely scenario is we get an 18th game with two byes with that negotiation.  You read the other stuff on reducing preseason, etc.

good to hear from you too.  I was in witness protection for awhile with work.

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

The 619er, I’m just relaying the message the guys purported what is most likely and they have been right more than wrong.  They stated, not me, that a new deal will come with the next CBA, and I believe that is 2032.  They stated the most likely scenario is we get an 18th game with two byes with that negotiation.  You read the other stuff on reducing preseason, etc.

good to hear from you too.  I was in witness protection for awhile with work.

Bummer, I was really hoping that we’d get an 18th game within three or so years. If 2032 is true that’s another decade away and most likely towards the end of JA’s career. 18 games a year (regular season) of J frickin A would be awesome. Thanks for clarifying though, bro!

Glad you’re out of witness protection. I’m sure that was an experience.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

But wouldn't 18 games and 2 byes put the Super Bowl the week AFTER President's Day?

I think they want the SB to be President's Day weekend - not near the end of February.  

I do not think they care about specific weekend especially President's Day weekend.

They want playoffs during sweeps month and that goes up to early March.  February 3 - March 2 is either this year or next, listing does not list year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.