Jump to content

Eric Wood with good Bills info on Bussin with the Boys


Recommended Posts

On 6/23/2022 at 12:42 PM, Mango said:

Grateful Allen is not on with Lewan.

 

Why is that? Would Josh be in danger or something? Some don't care much for Lewan, but don't see any issue if Allen was on with him. What's reason that makes you grateful Allen isn't on with him?
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Eric puts f-ing Miller Lite at #1, 2 spots ahead of Stella?

 

I used to respect him.

 

😳

I’ll let it go. I can’t comprehend why someone would prefer the non-flavor of Miller or Bud light. Figure he is hoping for some type sponsorship for the podcast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/21/2022 at 4:34 PM, BillsfanAZ said:

Wood talks about his playing days, his injuries, his career ending injury and the details of how it was handled. He talks about Fitz, Allen, Beane, McDermott, ect. 

I don’t understand the aversion to calling out a few actual interesting points for discussion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

 

Why is that? Would Josh be in danger or something? Some don't care much for Lewan, but don't see any issue if Allen was on with him. What's reason that makes you grateful Allen isn't on with him?
 


He’s an absolute trash human. I didn’t like that a retired Eric Wood was on the show either. The guy threatened to rape a girl who his friend/roommate raped if she continued to press charges. The reason his threats came out were because two of his teammates reported the threats to the police. 
 

I don’t want anybody on the roster associating with Lewan. Let alone voluntarily giving him more clicks and spotlight.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2022 at 11:17 PM, Mango said:

How long before WGR spend an entire day on a "chips draft" where they dedicate a full hour to whether or not they can count pretzels and whether or not dips are allowed to be taken into consideration?

IT is that part of the offseason !!!!  29 days more for Training camp !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2022 at 5:03 PM, NoSaint said:

I don’t understand the aversion to calling out a few actual interesting points for discussion.

Wood doesnt like JJ Watt. Thinks he is "me" guy. Said they would gash Houston because they would run at Watt knowing he would vacate his spot for an easier rush lane. Said Houston couldnt blitz much because Watt would do his own thing. 

 

Said when he first played for the Bills their roster was terrible because Ralph was nearing the end of his life and didnt want to spend any money on players. 

 

said he got the news of his neck injury after post season exit exams. They kept the retirement quiet for a while so the Bills wouldnt be hit with the whole cap number at once. Said he was losing his playing weight and when he went to functions people were wonding

 

Said Beane is the best GM in the business. He asked Beane if the Bills win the superbowl would he be invited to the functions and events. Beane said you go where I go. 

 

 

  • Awesome! (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2022 at 3:01 PM, BillsfanAZ said:

Wood doesnt like JJ Watt. Thinks he is "me" guy. Said they would gash Houston because they would run at Watt knowing he would vacate his spot for an easier rush lane. Said Houston couldnt blitz much because Watt would do his own thing. 

 

Said when he first played for the Bills their roster was terrible because Ralph was nearing the end of his life and didnt want to spend any money on players. 

 

said he got the news of his neck injury after post season exit exams. They kept the retirement quiet for a while so the Bills wouldnt be hit with the whole cap number at once. Said he was losing his playing weight and when he went to functions people were wonding

 

Said Beane is the best GM in the business. He asked Beane if the Bills win the superbowl would he be invited to the functions and events. Beane said you go where I go. 

 

 

 

 

Wood owes Beane big time,  so of course he sings his praises.

 

One of Beane's many dubious moves early in his tenure was the unexpected extension given to Eric Wood in summer of 2017 instead of waiting for him to survive the season healthy.   There was no reason to do it.   He was going to be a 32 year old free agent after the season, they didn't do it to make immediate cap room,  and he simply wasn't going anywhere else in 2018 if Buffalo wanted him.   $10M in cap space up in smoke with that postseason physical.  

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/21/2022 at 1:28 PM, cle23 said:

 

What's the issue with Lewan?  I honestly don't remember him doing anything too absurd.  Unless I missed it or forgot.

Because some people are sensitive. And that guy falls into that category.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not gonna get into the whole Lewan thing but I feel like "great" and "awesome" have been the ways to describe Eric Wood every time he speaks for about the last two years. Guy has really been hitting his stride after the first bumbling year or so as a media personality, I only see positive impressions every time he does something like this nowadays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2022 at 7:39 AM, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Rob Ray was a great guy off the ice. Lewan is trash on and off the field. There is no comparison between the two. 

 

Do you know him personally? How can you possibly have this much hatred for a person you've never met before? 

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/29/2022 at 9:59 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

Wood owes Beane big time,  so of course he sings his praises.

 

One of Beane's many dubious moves early in his tenure was the unexpected extension given to Eric Wood in summer of 2017 instead of waiting for him to survive the season healthy.   There was no reason to do it.   He was going to be a 32 year old free agent after the season, they didn't do it to make immediate cap room,  and he simply wasn't going anywhere else in 2018 if Buffalo wanted him.   $10M in cap space up in smoke with that postseason physical.  

I don't remember 2017 all that well... why was there no reason to extend Wood? What is the rest of the context?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

I don't remember 2017 all that well... why was there no reason to extend Wood? What is the rest of the context?

 

The context you are talking about,  I think,  is this is an Eric Wood thread and Wood declaring Beane the best GM in the NFL.

 

There wasn't a reason to extend Wood early because of his age.   Additionally, though age alone was enough, Wood also had significant injuries in his career and they were switching to a new blocking system under Dennison.  It was a perfect scenario to wait and see how his season panned out.

 

Nobody saw it coming, but it was part of a questionable plan to literally buy allegiance from certain team leaders(they gave McCoy a bizarre $2M bonus in summer to keep his mouth shut as well) at a time when they were gutting the team of it's core of young veterans.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2022 at 1:59 AM, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

 

Do you know him personally? How can you possibly have this much hatred for a person you've never met before? 

I don’t have to know him personally. He threatened to rape a girl if she didn’t stay silent about being raped by his roommate. How low is your bar if that doesn’t qualify as a trash human?  

On 6/30/2022 at 1:21 AM, Jay_Fixit said:

Because some people are sensitive. And that guy falls into that category.

Some people are just too sensitive right?!  All he did was threaten to rape a girl if she reported his roommate for previously raping her. No big deal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

I don't remember 2017 all that well... why was there no reason to extend Wood? What is the rest of the context?


The context is that Wood was a team player and leader and the type they wanted to keep to be an example to the other, especially younger, members of the team (unlike the guys they shipped out).  A culture change was needed and the results speak for themselves.  He was a free agent at the end of the year so they gave him a two-year extension and he proceeded to make the Pro bowl as an alternate, only to develop a neck injury that ended his career. It was bad luck plain and simple.  

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

The context you are talking about,  I think,  is this is an Eric Wood thread and Wood declaring Beane the best GM in the NFL.

 

There wasn't a reason to extend Wood early because of his age.   Additionally, though age alone was enough, Wood also had significant injuries in his career and they were switching to a new blocking system under Dennison.  It was a perfect scenario to wait and see how his season panned out.

 

Nobody saw it coming, but it was part of a questionable plan to literally buy allegiance from certain team leaders(they gave McCoy a bizarre $2M bonus in summer to keep his mouth shut as well) at a time when they were gutting the team of it's core of young veterans.

How is Wood declaring Beane the best GM in the NFL additional context for your argument that Beane signed Wood to a bad extension? Plenty of people feel Beane is the best GM in the NFL… it’s not an absurd comment only justified by Beane giving him an extension 😂
 

I understand your point and appreciate the clarification. Although, you contradicted yourself by saying there was no reason to sign him to an extension and then your 3rd paragraph provided a completely justifiable reason.
 

You may not like why they did that… but draft, develop and retain has been the model they’ve preached from day one. I don’t see a problem with extending a core guy, which allowed them to back up their claims immediately.
 

Wood was coming off an injury shortened season… but prior to that had played 16 games 3 years straight and hadn’t missed a game since 2012… was a Pro Bowl alternate in 2017 where he started 16 games (and a playoff game). The injury that ended his career was just bad luck and unrelated to any other significant injury in his career (both of which were also bad luck). 
 

It’s hard to predict I injuries and if you’re going to ding decision makers for failing to, you’re not being realistic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

How is Wood declaring Beane the best GM in the NFL additional context for your argument that Beane signed Wood to a bad extension? Plenty of people feel Beane is the best GM in the NFL… it’s not an absurd comment only justified by Beane giving him an extension 😂
 

I understand your point and appreciate the clarification. Although, you contradicted yourself by saying there was no reason to sign him to an extension and then your 3rd paragraph provided a completely justifiable reason.
 

You may not like why they did that… but draft, develop and retain has been the model they’ve preached from day one. I don’t see a problem with extending a core guy, which allowed them to back up their claims immediately.
 

Wood was coming off an injury shortened season… but prior to that had played 16 games 3 years straight and hadn’t missed a game since 2012… was a Pro Bowl alternate in 2017 where he started 16 games (and a playoff game). The injury that ended his career was just bad luck and unrelated to any other significant injury in his career (both of which were also bad luck). 
 

It’s hard to predict I injuries and if you’re going to ding decision makers for failing to, you’re not being realistic. 

 

1. You are the one who intentionally asked a dumb question.   Any vague "context" you sought was already in the thread.   That will be the last question of yours I ever answer though,  your "ask a stupid question" technique is worn out.   Try a new angle.   

 

2. They didn't draft or develop Eric Wood.........so it's patently absurd to say that extending just one of the organizations high draft picks(the oldest one with the least room to develop) while clearing out a half dozen of the teams other younger, highly drafted players somehow backs up their claims.  :lol: 

 

3. Eric Wood was 31, coming off a broken leg and entering a new system.   He'd been replaced by a journeyman for the last 2 months of the 2016 season and the offense didn't miss a beat.   But perhaps most importantly,  Wood was not going anywhere if he simply played out the 2017 season.   It was simply carelessness with cap dollars.  

 

Beane has done a lot of positive things.........the most important of which is probably keeping ownership from getting involved in football decisions........but in the process his autonomy over the purse strings has lead to some idiotic money decisions.    Giving Shady $2M bonus in 2017 when he was already one of the highest paid RB's in the league?   Paying Corey Coleman $3.5M for a 10 day tryout?   I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he is learning on the job,  but we don't have to pretend that he wasn't careless with cap space and that it doesn't have a negative impact on the organization today.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2022 at 1:40 PM, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I don’t have to know him personally. He threatened to rape a girl if she didn’t stay silent about being raped by his roommate. How low is your bar if that doesn’t qualify as a trash human?  

Some people are just too sensitive right?!  All he did was threaten to rape a girl if she reported his roommate for previously raping her. No big deal. 

So you read somewhere that he said this or you were there when he said it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

1. You are the one who intentionally asked a dumb question.   Any vague "context" you sought was already in the thread.   That will be the last question of yours I ever answer though,  your "ask a stupid question" technique is worn out.   Try a new angle.   

 

2. They didn't draft or develop Eric Wood.........so it's patently absurd to say that extending just one of the organizations high draft picks(the oldest one with the least room to develop) while clearing out a half dozen of the teams other younger, highly drafted players somehow backs up their claims.  :lol: 

 

3. Eric Wood was 31, coming off a broken leg and entering a new system.   He'd been replaced by a journeyman for the last 2 months of the 2016 season and the offense didn't miss a beat.   But perhaps most importantly,  Wood was not going anywhere if he simply played out the 2017 season.   It was simply carelessness with cap dollars.  

 

Beane has done a lot of positive things.........the most important of which is probably keeping ownership from getting involved in football decisions........but in the process his autonomy over the purse strings has lead to some idiotic money decisions.    Giving Shady $2M bonus in 2017 when he was already one of the highest paid RB's in the league?   Paying Corey Coleman $3.5M for a 10 day tryout?   I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he is learning on the job,  but we don't have to pretend that he wasn't careless with cap space and that it doesn't have a negative impact on the organization today.

  1. Haha come on Badol... you're talking to me about my techniques being "worn out"... should I create a poll and see what people think about your techniques? I was asking for context around what was happening with Eric Wood in 2017, outside of coming off of an injury, that made it clear he wasn't going anywhere else after the season. It wasn't vague context that I was asking for... it was actually pretty clear. "I don't remember 2017 all that well... why was there no reason to extend Wood? What is the rest of the context?
     
  2. I didn't suggest they drafted or developed Eric Wood; I was making the point that they decided to reward a player in the building that fit the culture they were trying to build. Extending him fit the way they wanted to build their team... reward the guys in the building. I didn't present my point very well earlier. 
     
  3. Thank you - this is exactly what I was looking for when I asked for context.

I agree with your final point. A lot of positive things, and he's made some bad decisions as well, it's healthy to point those things out. I don't think there is a GM in the league with a perfect scorecard and even then, his infractions are far less significant than his peers. The mistakes aren't egregious, and he does tend to correct them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:
  1. Haha come on Badol... you're talking to me about my techniques being "worn out"... should I create a poll and see what people think about your techniques? I was asking for context around what was happening with Eric Wood in 2017, outside of coming off of an injury, that made it clear he wasn't going anywhere else after the season. It wasn't vague context that I was asking for... it was actually pretty clear. "I don't remember 2017 all that well... why was there no reason to extend Wood? What is the rest of the context?
     
  2. I didn't suggest they drafted or developed Eric Wood; I was making the point that they decided to reward a player in the building that fit the culture they were trying to build. Extending him fit the way they wanted to build their team... reward the guys in the building. I didn't present my point very well earlier. 
     
  3. Thank you - this is exactly what I was looking for when I asked for context.

I agree with your final point. A lot of positive things, and he's made some bad decisions as well, it's healthy to point those things out. I don't think there is a GM in the league with a perfect scorecard and even then, his infractions are far less significant than his peers. The mistakes aren't egregious, and he does tend to correct them. 

 

It was only clear in one place...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...