Gronk's retiring

WNY

22 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Doc and I never agree on anything and since I've almost always been proven right he is compelled to troll my takes with fact-less, detail-free snark.

Bottom line with Gronk is that it was a dirty, unsportsmanlike thing to do.   Anyone who has played a lot of competitive sports has likely been cheap shotted.   Maybe by friends even.   Gronk gave a sincere apology,  he was suspended,  White missed ZERO time.    The Bills have since tried to acquire Gronk.   Facts.

The Gronkowski family and their G&G Fitness business have been a fixture here in WNY for a long time.   He's not some random dude who is unrelatable, his career success should be a point of pride(and is) to a lot of WNY'ers.   It's a shame he was never a Bill, if only for the fact that we've basically never had anything close to an All Pro TE let alone arguably the greatest ever.

I thought his apology was terribly insincere.  He spent more time bitching about holding and calls that went against him. Including a 7 year long complaint.  

Edited by Jauronimo

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I thought his apology was terribly insincere.  He spent more time bitching about holding and calls that went against him. Including a 7 year long complaint.  

"I want to apologize to No. 27," Gronkowski said. "I'm not in the business of that. I mean, there was a lot of frustration and I was just really frustrated at that moment and it just happened naturally through emotions. ... I just want to apologize to Tre'Davious White."

I guess he forgot the part about apologizing for winning the game and dominating incompetently run Bills teams for his entire career?

There was no apology that was going to satisfy some fans.

Him expanding on his officiating complaint after he was asked about it is a separate issue from the apology.   And he wasn't wrong about it being PI.......he got mugged by White. :lol:

4 hours ago, muppy said:

I happen to have a wedge fracture in my L-4 in my back due to a hard fall. If you think a fortified forearm shiver to the back of someones head couldn't do some damage Im sorry dude you are straight up wrong. Could have seriously damaged tre and your insistence otherwise is a joke. 

Is this a joke?   Aren't you a 60-70 year old woman?  Older women break bones just A LOTTA bit easier than early 20's male professional athletes. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

"I want to apologize to No. 27," Gronkowski said. "I'm not in the business of that. I mean, there was a lot of frustration and I was just really frustrated at that moment and it just happened naturally through emotions. ... I just want to apologize to Tre'Davious White."

I guess he forgot the part about apologizing for winning the game and dominating incompetently run Bills teams for his entire career?

Him expanding on his officiating complaint after he was asked about it is a separate issue from the apology.   And he wasn't wrong about it being PI.......he got mugged by White. :lol:

Oh really?  Where was the flag (much less the admission by the NFL that he did)? 

No surprise though.  Consistency has never been your strong suit. :lol:

On 6/27/2022 at 3:30 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Is this a joke?   Aren't you a 60-70 year old woman?  Older women break bones just A LOTTA bit easier than early 20's male professional athletes. :rolleyes:

Oh for ***** sake. When you make an excuse for your bad actions along with a so called apology then you aren't really apologizing. I could say that you should shut up while you are ahead but you aren't ahead. You are behind and should shut up on this subject because you aren't doing yourself any good. Your personal slams on Doc are really uncalled for but maybe you should explain to all of us why sharpened steel spikes are better because they make a cleaner cut. 

On 6/21/2022 at 10:16 PM, Nextmanup said:

He's--by a wide margin--the best pass catching TE the league has ever seen.

You won't get many here to agree with me on that, but so what?  It's still true.

Antonio Gates & Tony Gonzalez were more superior pass catchers than Gronk.

Travis Kelce when it’s all said & done will surpass Gronk as well and already has more career yards than him. Edit: Actually they’re pretty much even.

Gronk is a HOFer for sure, but no where near the best. I’d put him at the Jason Witten tier. 

These are just names off the top of my head. I’m not old enough to have seen Kellen Winslow SR play, but I’m sure he’s up there as well. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Oh for ***** sake. When you make an excuse for your bad actions along with a so called apology then you aren't really apologizing. I could say that you should shut up while you are ahead but you aren't ahead. You are behind and should shut up on this subject because you aren't doing yourself any good. Your personal slams on Doc are really uncalled for but maybe you should explain to all of us why sharpened steel spikes are better because they make a cleaner cut. 

There is a difference between an excuse and an explanation.  He explained why he did what he did; he never offered an excuse.  He owned his actions and he apologized.  I'm not sure what more people wanted out of the guy.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

There is a difference between an excuse and an explanation.  He explained why he did what he did; he never offered an excuse.  He owned his actions and he apologized.  I'm not sure what more people wanted out of the guy.

Maybe, not be a DB and try to break someone’s neck?  🤷‍♂️  Dude is a poor sport wine a$$ just like his BF Brady.

2 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Maybe, not be a DB and try to break someone’s neck?  🤷‍♂️  Dude is a poor sport wine a$$ just like his BF Brady.

And if a Buffalo Bill did the very same thing to Tom Brady, Bills Mafia would donate $2 million to the Bills player's charity and throw him a parade.

Edited by Gugny
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

And if a Buffalo Bill did the very same thing to Tom Brady, Bills Mafia would donate $2 million to the Bills player's charity and throw him a parade.

Why be a Bills fan if you don’t agree with the perceived what if actions a Bills fan would make?  Your fanhood is suspect IMHO.  On a separate note, how many times has TW been suspended for cheating or throw temper tantrums when they don’t get a call, or not shake opponents hands after a game?  There’s a reason fans don’t like TB and the Pats, and it’s not just because they were a dynasty.  

Edited by TheWeatherMan

2 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Why be a Bills fan if you don’t agree with the perceived what if actions a Bills fan would make?  Your fanhood is suspect IMHO.  On a separate note, how many times has TW been suspended for cheating or throw temper tantrums when they don’t get a call, or not shake opponents hands after a game?  There’s a reason fans don’t like TB and the Pats, and it’s not just because they were a dynasty.  

Tom Brady was and still is the Bills' daddy.

Again ... if he was our QB for the past 20 years, Bills fans would love him and defend him.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Tom Brady was and still is the Bills' daddy.

Again ... if he was our QB for the past 20 years, Bills fans would love him and defend him.

I’m not disputing Tom Brady’s greatness, I’m just saying he and his BF Gronk are the loveliest couple of DB’s I’ve seen play the game.  

Just now, TheWeatherMan said:

I’m not disputing Tom Brady’s greatness, I’m just saying he and his BF Gronk are the loveliest couple of DB’s I’ve seen play the game.  

And I'm respectfully disagreeing with you.  Gronk has played for over a decade and, other than the hit on White - which I agree was horrible - he has been as clean a player as you can find in the league.

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

And I'm respectfully disagreeing with you.  Gronk has played for over a decade and, other than the hit on White - which I agree was horrible - he has been as clean a player as you can find in the league.

Does Gronk have a special ballwash soap that he prefers?

He’s not really retiring anyway.  I’ll bet again by week 3 with GB, or 4 with KC, or if he really wants to hang the Rams in week 9 through the Playoffs. 

He gets to skip the OTA’s, Camp, a couple of creampuff games and then ping, pang , pow Brady miraculously convinces Gronk to jump back into a Bucs uni.  

Id lay $ he jumps back in the game if he thinks he can go on another playoff run.

🤔 Is there a chance that after the midway point of the season if a team such as the Bucs or say the Bills are making a dominating SB run & say a player would get hurt at the same position that Gronk plays .

Would he un retire for another SB ? 🤔

2 hours ago, T master said:

🤔 Is there a chance that after the midway point of the season if a team such as the Bucs or say the Bills are making a dominating SB run & say a player would get hurt at the same position that Gronk plays .

I believe he's already preparing to come back to TB.  

I don't think it makes sense to go to another team/QB/system midway through the season. He's familiar enough with TB's offense and especially Brady to jump right in and contribute 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, T master said:

15 hours ago, The Dean said:

I believe he's already preparing to come back to TB.  

I don't think it makes sense to go to another team/QB/system midway through the season. He's familiar enough with TB's offense and especially Brady to jump right in and contribute 

Agreed.  If he comes back, I think it would only be to play for the Bucs.  If they're in contention midway through the season (as long as Brady is healthy, they well be), I think it's all but guaranteed that he'll be back.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.