Gronk's retiring

WNY

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It was very unsportsmanlike of Gronkowski but the exaggeration and wailing by thin-skinned, Patriot-weary Bills fans was 100% about the disrespect.

Much more dangerous collisions happen on the field of play all the time.

The nonsense about the hit potentially hurting White is ridiculous.   Tre White is a f*cking yoked up beast not some 100 pound weakling.  Pushing him in the back from behind while he was standing up would look much less disrespectful but be more likely to injure a player than piling on him at shoulder level when he's flat on the ground and his body can't move far.    Anyone with the basic awareness that comes from having played contact sports knows this is correct.  

This is laugh out loud silly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It was very unsportsmanlike of Gronkowski but the exaggeration and wailing by thin-skinned, Patriot-weary Bills fans was 100% about the disrespect.

Much more dangerous collisions happen on the field of play all the time.

The nonsense about the hit potentially hurting White is ridiculous.   Tre White is a f*cking yoked up beast not some 100 pound weakling.  Pushing him in the back from behind while he was standing up would look much less disrespectful but be more likely to injure a player than piling on him at shoulder level when he's flat on the ground and his body can't move far.    Anyone with the basic awareness that comes from having played contact sports knows this is correct.  

So, slamming someone into an immovable object (the ground) is less likely to hurt them than hitting them when they are free to move with the strike? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, slamming someone into an immovable object (the ground) is less likely to hurt them than hitting them when they are free to move with the strike? 

The greatest risk of injury in this type of collision between two very strong individuals is by hyperextension.........so exactly that,  yes.  The ground prevents the whiplash effect.  

And any grown man should know instinctively that hitting someone in the chest or shoulder area in a fight is a wasted punch.  And that's effectively what Gronk did.......he drove a forearm into his fully padded upper back/shoulder area.   He'd have been more likely to hurt him striking him below the pads.   Why people think that there was any notable degree of likelihood that White was going to be injured there just shows how little they know about contact sports.    Some of you watch too much wrasslin' if you think that hit was incredibly dangerous.

Incredibly disrespectful yes..........likely to cause paralysis.......gimme a f*cking break. :rolleyes:

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The greatest risk of injury in this type of collision between two very strong individuals is by hyperextension.........so exactly that,  yes.  The ground prevents the whiplash effect.  

And any grown man should know instinctively that hitting someone in the chest or shoulder area in a fight is a wasted punch.  And that's effectively what Gronk did.......he drove a forearm into his fully padded upper back/shoulder area.   He'd have been more likely to hurt him striking him below the pads.   Why people think that there was any notable degree of likelihood that White was going to be injured there just shows how little they know about contact sports.    Some of you watch too much wrasslin' if you think that hit was incredibly dangerous.

Incredibly disrespectful yes..........likely to cause paralysis.......gimme a f*cking break. :rolleyes:

Just stop.  It's embarrassing.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Just stop.  It's embarrassing.

You really don't like having your attempts to troll ignored, do you?

"Embarrassing" is something like the opioid crisis in America and the role of anesthesiologists in creating it.

An explained opinion about the biomechanics of a hit after the whistle in a football game.....that resulted in no injury......meh.....not embarrassing.

Should I expand?   Or is your appetite for discussion sated, Doc?

• Dislike 1

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You seem to know alot about contact sports.

Have you ever played any contact sports ?

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You really don't like having your attempts to troll ignored, do you?

"Embarrassing" is something like the opioid crisis in America and the role of anesthesiologists in creating it.

An explained opinion about the biomechanics of a hit after the whistle in a football game.....that resulted in no injury......meh.....not embarrassing.

Should I expand?   Or is your appetite for discussion sated, Doc?

The only one trolling is you, BADOL.  What Goonk did was assault, plain and simple.  But since he's a good football player and a goofball, people laughably try to explain it away as being "unsportsmanlike" or "just boys being boys."

But I guess you forgot that Tre in fact got a concussion from his criminal actions.  Both are lucky it wasn't worse because it obviously wasn't just being pushed in the shoulder or back area.

As for anesthesiologists having any hand in the opioid epidemic, LOL!  Nice try at the personal dig.  Non-pain management anesthesiologists (like myself) don't prescribe, much less administer, opioids to people once they leave the hospital or surgery center.  And pain anesthesiologists typically see after they're already hooked.  And no one is forcing people to take opioids.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

The only one trolling is you, BADOL.  What Goonk did was assault, plain and simple.  But since he's a good football player and a goofball, people laughably try to explain it away as being "unsportsmanlike" or "just boys being boys."

But I guess you forgot that Tre in fact got a concussion from his criminal actions.  Both are lucky it wasn't worse because it obviously wasn't just being pushed in the shoulder or back area.

As for anesthesiologists having any hand in the opioid epidemic, LOL!  Nice try at the personal dig.  Non-pain management anesthesiologists (like myself) don't prescribe, much less administer, opioids to people once they leave the hospital or surgery center.  And pain anesthesiologists typically see after they're already hooked.  And no one is forcing people to take opioids.

Seems I "struck a nerve".

White went into concussion protocol and once the suspension was announced he was taken out of it.   Never missed a snap.   You can ask him on twitter if he calls that a concussion or just a precautionary move (with no intent to influence the punishment, of course). 

And that's great news that the medical profession is off the hook for the opioid crisis..........I wasn't aware that no one was forcing people to take opioids.    

I guess we're "not embarrassed" buddies now.

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Seems I "struck a nerve".

White went into concussion protocol and once the suspension was announced he was taken out of it.   Never missed a snap.   You can ask him on twitter if he calls that a concussion or just a precautionary move (with no intent to influence the punishment, of course). 

And that's great news that the medical profession is off the hook for the opioid crisis..........I wasn't aware that no one was forcing people to take opioids.    

I guess we're "not embarrassed" buddies now.

I was never embarrassed because, again, I had nothing to do with the opioid crisis.  And the only "nerve" you struck was your cavalier attitude to what Goonk did to Tre.  If you were lying face down and someone who was 75# heavier than you bashed a braced forearm into the back of your neck, you wouldn't be laughing-it-off.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

I was never embarrassed because, again, I had nothing to do with the opioid crisis.  And the only "nerve" you struck was your cavalier attitude to what Goonk did to Tre.  If you were lying face down and someone who was 75# heavier than you bashed a braced forearm into the back of your neck, you wouldn't be laughing-it-off.

You are a narcissist who wants people to call him "Doc" even when you are away from the job.    People "like" you prescribe opioids to people who think that title means they always have the best interest if the patient in mind.   Dismissing that accountability by saying that nobody is "forcing" people to take them is incredibly cavalier of you.   An embarrassing statement, IMO.

As for your description of what happened you missed the full pads and helmet aspect.    Which is not in the least a small part of it.   Without those it's a much different injury potential,  the most likely of which are facial.    With White's arms and the ball underneath him it was a downhill trajectory and Gronk slid right over top of him.......as the helmet is designed to do.   The equipment factor matters A LOT.   And no, I wouldn't be laughing it off........but I wouldn't have been anymore hurt than White........I would be telling the guy that if he can hit me high(a penalty), I can hit him low(legal).   Had to do that once to a guy who flat out punched me under the chin at the LOS when I was a gunner on a punt and talked sh*t like he'd done something that was part of the game.   Should have heard him b*tch and moan(and cry) after I ended his football(and subsequent basketball) season.    I injured him again(inadvertently) the next basketball season when he tried to jump over me for a totally uncatchable errant pass on the sideline  Poor gimpy bastard.  Sean something.  The football injury looked something like this:

PXx3.gif

• Dislike 1

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You are a narcissist who wants people to call him "Doc" even when you are away from the job.    People "like" you prescribe opioids to people who think that title means they always have the best interest if the patient in mind.   Dismissing that accountability by saying that nobody is "forcing" people to take them is incredibly cavalier of you.   An embarrassing statement, IMO.

As for your description of what happened you missed the full pads and helmet aspect.    Which is not in the least a small part of it.   Without those it's a much different injury potential,  the most likely of which are facial.    With White's arms and the ball underneath him it was a downhill trajectory and Gronk slid right over top of him.......as the helmet is designed to do.   The equipment factor matters A LOT.   And no, I wouldn't be laughing it off........but I wouldn't have been anymore hurt than White........I would be telling the guy that if he can hit me high(a penalty), I can hit him low(legal).   Had to do that once to a guy who flat out punched me under the chin at the LOS when I was a gunner on a punt and talked sh*t like he'd done something that was part of the game.   Should have heard him b*tch and moan(and cry) after I ended his football(and subsequent basketball) season.    I injured him again(inadvertently) the next basketball season when he tried to jump over me for a totally uncatchable errant pass on the sideline  Poor gimpy bastard.  Sean something.  The football injury looked something like this:

PXx3.gif

Oh, that's rich coming from you.  :lol:  If we were to do a poll on the most narcissistic poster here on the board, guess who would win hands down (now that DC Tom is gone, although I know he's a genius and has some claim to it)?

As for the non-sequitur ad hominen tripe, you know nothing about me, much less what I expect people to call me either at work or away from it.  Great powers of deduction based on my handle here, which is the only place on the internet I use it (and if you must know, it evolved from an inside joke when I first stated using the usenet newsgroups back in 1994 and continued in how I was addressing myself on the old Buffalo Bills mailing list, from which this site was an offshoot).

And it's apparent you don't remember the hit much.  You didn't know Tre got a concussion ("no injury").  And now you're claiming that he was wearing body armor or something.  No, all he had on was his uniform and a helmet.  And no, Goonk didn't "slide over him;" he sized-him-up (after Tre did to him what he does to others by manhandling him out of a play, leading to an INT, and Goonk got all embarrassed) and dove on top of him, shoving his braced arm into the back of his neck.  I put that in the same category as Haynesworthy kicking off Andre Gurode's helmet and stepping on his head.

Edited by Doc
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Oh, that's rich coming from you.  :lol:  If we were to do a poll on the most narcissistic poster here on the board, guess who would win hands down (now that DC Tom is gone, although I know he's a genius and has some claim to it)?

As for the non-sequitur ad hominen tripe, you know nothing about me, much less what I expect people to call me either at work or away from it.  Great powers of deduction based on my handle here, which is the only place on the internet I use it (and if you must know, it evolved from an inside joke when I first stated using the usenet newsgroups back in 1994 and how I was addressing myself with the old Buffalo Bills mailing list, from which this site was an offshoot).

And it's apparent you don't remember the hit much.  You didn't know Tre got a concussion ("no injury").  And now you're claiming that he was wearing body armor or something.  No, all he had on was his uniform and a helmet.  Goonk sized-him-up (after Tre did to him what he does to others by manhandling him out of a play, leading to an INT, and Goonk got all embarrassed) and dove on top of him, shoving his braced arm into the back of his neck.  I put that in the same category as Haynesworthy kicking off Andre Gurode's helmet and stepping on his head.

You immediately going to the "no one is forcing people to take opioids" defense with nary-a-caveat spoke volumes about your narcissism,  doctor.

And the only reason I've known the origin of your name is because you've answered the question on here why you go by "Doc" as because you are an anesthesiologist multiple times.    Nothing about "inside jokes" until you get called out for feeling a little self important. :rolleyes:

Funny how you have a lot of short posts when you are trolling on TSW but when YOU get personally critiqued for a change you start expanding.    Your insistence that White wasn't wearing pads on the play where Gronk hit him in the pads and helmet is a good example of why you should probably stick with the more-is-less based approach to posting.    White wears a significant amount of pads for a defensive back.   The huge shoulder pads and full back cover have always been a signature of his. 

Tre'Davious_White.jpg

• Dislike 1

8 hours ago, Doc said:

You two should do a virtual hand shake.

The truth is if this "poll" was to include questions on who the best and most knowledgeable posters are, both of you would be right at or around the top.  The 2 of you are a VERY big part of what makes this board so good. 

Sorry to butt in as a self appointed mediator here lol.

Jmo.

Edited by Bill from NYC

55 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

You two should do a virtual hand shake.

The truth is if this "poll" was to include questions on who the best and most knowledgeable posters, both of you would be right at or around the top.  The 2 of you are a VERY big part of what makes this board so good. 

Sorry to butt in as a self appointed mediator here lol.

Jmo.

Doc and I never agree on anything and since I've almost always been proven right he is compelled to troll my takes with fact-less, detail-free snark.

Bottom line with Gronk is that it was a dirty, unsportsmanlike thing to do.   Anyone who has played a lot of competitive sports has likely been cheap shotted.   Maybe by friends even.   Gronk gave a sincere apology,  he was suspended,  White missed ZERO time.    The Bills have since tried to acquire Gronk.   Facts.

The Gronkowski family and their G&G Fitness business have been a fixture here in WNY for a long time.   He's not some random dude who is unrelatable, his career success should be a point of pride(and is) to a lot of WNY'ers.   It's a shame he was never a Bill, if only for the fact that we've basically never had anything close to an All Pro TE let alone arguably the greatest ever.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

On 6/25/2022 at 1:25 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

I happen to have a wedge fracture in my L-4 in my back due to a hard fall. If you think a fortified forearm shiver to the back of someones head couldn't do some damage Im sorry dude you are straight up wrong. Could have seriously damaged tre and your insistence otherwise is a joke. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.