Gronk's retiring

WNY

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

143 games over 11 years and he had one dirty hit.  I will never label him based on that.  Guy has been a true pro for his entire career and by FAR one of my favorite NFL players of all time.  Great for the game.

He's--by a wide margin--the best pass catching TE the league has ever seen.

You won't get many here to agree with me on that, but so what?  It's still true.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

143 games over 11 years and he had one dirty hit.  I will never label him based on that.  Guy has been a true pro for his entire career and by FAR one of my favorite NFL players of all time.  Great for the game.

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

I see where you are coming from, but it just wasn't any old dirty hit. It's one of the worst dirty hits many of us have ever seen. And the fact that it happened after the play was over, and to an unsuspecting victim laying face down on the ground, makes it even worse.

I'm pretty much over it, so whatever. But this wasn't just your run-of-the-mill dirty hit.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, MJS said:

I see where you are coming from, but it just wasn't any old dirty hit. It's one of the worst dirty hits many of us have ever seen. And the fact that it happened after the play was over, and to an unsuspecting victim laying face down on the ground, makes it even worse.

I'm pretty much over it, so whatever. But this wasn't just your run-of-the-mill dirty hit.

Totally agree.  It was horrible.  But it was a true anomaly.  

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

boos on the road are like cheers at home. same theory applies in this thread. dude was definition of clutch

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Can we call you spicy boy?

I’m certainly not against it!

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

He's--by a wide margin--the best pass catching TE the league has ever seen.

You won't get many here to agree with me on that, but so what?  It's still true.

Yet not one person in this thread has questioned his ability.  Why do you think no one would agree with you?

21 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'm not 100% certain, no.  But I am certain that I don't ever recall hearing anything about him being dirty.

I love the guy.  He really seems to have enjoyed life on and off the field.  Yeah, he acts immature at times, but that's part of what I like about him.  By everything I've heard/read, he's been super responsible with his money and is also philanthropic through the organization he runs with his father and brother.

Sounds like a great dude to me and I've always been a fan.

He’s a Polish guy from WNY who’s taken too many shots to the melon. I think we’re all familiar with this to some degree..

I won’t believe til after 3 years out. 

On 6/21/2022 at 3:34 PM, Gugny said:

Well, at least you came forth with a purely relevant analogy.

I guess it would make sense for me to counter with:  Well, just like Reagan, Tre White turned out to be just fine!

Sounds pretty dumb, eh?

No more than your usual *****.🙂

On 6/22/2022 at 2:14 PM, Chandler#81 said:

He’s a Polish guy from WNY who’s taken too many shots to the melon. I think we’re all familiar with this to some degree..

I won’t believe til after 3 years out. 

How can you tell?

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/21/2022 at 11:50 PM, BuffBillsForLife said:

Gronk will always be controversial among Bills fans.  He's the GOAT tight end and a hometown prodigal son, but the Tre White hit was incredibly dirty.

It was very unsportsmanlike of Gronkowski but the exaggeration and wailing by thin-skinned, Patriot-weary Bills fans was 100% about the disrespect.

Much more dangerous collisions happen on the field of play all the time.

The nonsense about the hit potentially hurting White is ridiculous.   Tre White is a f*cking yoked up beast not some 100 pound weakling.  Pushing him in the back from behind while he was standing up would look much less disrespectful but be more likely to injure a player than piling on him at shoulder level when he's flat on the ground and his body can't move far.    Anyone with the basic awareness that comes from having played contact sports knows this is correct.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.