Gronk's retiring

WNY

19 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

teef likes his threads spicy?

And Saucy!

How much do you guys want to bet he’s back in Tampa playing before Halloween?  My bet is he miraculous comes back to play the week of the Packers which is week 3, September 25th.  I’m guessing he skips the Cowgirls and Saints Come Marching In, and Brady bed him unless already planned to be a little surprise for the Packs.

Ill bet a hole plug nickel (wish I knew what that means but my dad always used to say that phrase).

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Gugny said:

143 games over 11 years and he had one dirty hit.  I will never label him based on that.  Guy has been a true pro for his entire career and by FAR one of my favorite NFL players of all time.  Great for the game.

To be fair, it was one of the dirtiest hits I've ever seen and could have broken Tre's neck.  It was out of character and I have to assume something in Gronk snapped in the moment...but it was terrible.  Tre has apparently gotten over it and I won't belabor it further.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, eball said:

To be fair, it was one of the dirtiest hits I've ever seen and could have broken Tre's neck.  It was out of character and I have to assume something in Gronk snapped in the moment...but it was terrible.  Tre has apparently gotten over it and I won't belabor it further.

Yeah, man.  I agree.  It was brutal.  Whenever the topic comes up, I try to point out that the guy was squeaky clean for his entire career minus that hit.  I'm sure we all wish he was more apologetic (publicly), but I still can't define the guy based on one VERY bad decision.  Tre coming out of it unhurt is the most important thing.  Like you said ... it could have been tragic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

And Saucy!

How much do you guys want to bet he’s back in Tampa playing before Halloween?  My bet is he miraculous comes back to play the week of the Packers which is week 3, September 25th.  I’m guessing he skips the Cowgirls and Saints Come Marching In, and Brady bed him unless already planned to be a little surprise for the Packs.

Ill bet a hole plug nickel (wish I knew what that means but my dad always used to say that phrase).

Is there much doubt? I'm guessing Tommy calls him about halfway through the season and he suddenly unretired. 

13 minutes ago, eball said:

It was DISGUSTING! He should have been suspended for the rest of the season.  

7 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Horseradish spicy, habanero spicy, or you see a truck in your driveway that says milk delivery services, but then remember its 2022 spicy? 

Horseradish is a little spicy. Habanero is HOT!   Huge difference in the respective heat levels.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, man.  I agree.  It was brutal.  Whenever the topic comes up, I try to point out that the guy was squeaky clean for his entire career minus that hit.  I'm sure we all wish he was more apologetic (publicly), but I still can't define the guy based on one VERY bad decision.  Tre coming out of it unhurt is the most important thing.  Like you said ... it could have been tragic.

Lee Harvey Oswald had a clean record to before he supposedly blew JFK's head off

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You are 100% certain this is the ONLY blemish on Gronk's resume? 

IMO he acts like a frat boy well past the age where it is appropriate. 

• Agree 1

Just now, The Dean said:

You are 100% certain this is the ONLY blemish on Gronk's resume? 

IMO he acts like a frat boy well past the age where it is appropriate. 

I'm not 100% certain, no.  But I am certain that I don't ever recall hearing anything about him being dirty.

I love the guy.  He really seems to have enjoyed life on and off the field.  Yeah, he acts immature at times, but that's part of what I like about him.  By everything I've heard/read, he's been super responsible with his money and is also philanthropic through the organization he runs with his father and brother.

Sounds like a great dude to me and I've always been a fan.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, gobills404 said:

With AB and Gronk gone Tom Dilfer is gonna have to make do with only 2 all-pro pass catchers instead of 4. Plus his offensive line might only be top 5 this year instead of top 2. What an unlucky guy, nobody does more with less.

This will be Brady & Rodgers last season.

30 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Lee Harvey Oswald had a clean record to before he supposedly blew JFK's head off

Didn’t you see JFK?  

Oliver Stone says…

Back and to the left, back and to the left…

That was one magic lugie.  

Thats for you Ridge.  I think you told me once you liked Seinfeld.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Didn’t you see JFK?  

Oliver Stone says…

Back and to the left, back and to the left…

That was one magic lugie.  

Thats for you Ridge.  I think you told me once you liked Seinfeld.

I just saw that episode on CC this weekend LOL

23 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'm not 100% certain, no.  But I am certain that I don't ever recall hearing anything about him being dirty.

I love the guy.  He really seems to have enjoyed life on and off the field.  Yeah, he acts immature at times, but that's part of what I like about him.  By everything I've heard/read, he's been super responsible with his money and is also philanthropic through the organization he runs with his father and brother.

Sounds like a great dude to me and I've always been a fan.

I have not always been a fan.  I thought he was an immature tool (although a great player).  That said, he's grown on me in recent years.  I think he's matured to the point where he still enjoys life to the fullest and has a lot of fun, but doesn't act like a complete douche while doing it.

He also, through Buffalo connections, did a personal favor for a good friend of mine, so I can't hate on the guy anymore.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.