Gronk's retiring

WNY

12 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Good riddance never will forget the BS hit on white

143 games over 11 years and he had one dirty hit.  I will never label him based on that.  Guy has been a true pro for his entire career and by FAR one of my favorite NFL players of all time.  Great for the game.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 4

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

143 games over 11 years and he had one dirty hit.  I will never label him based on that.  Guy has been a true pro for his entire career and by FAR one of my favorite NFL players of all time.  Great for the game.

Except that hit was predetermined and deliberate. He knew what he was doing before he did it. He had total disregard for the health and career of another player who was frustrating him with his superior play. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 10
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Except that hit was predetermined and deliberate. He knew what he was doing before he did it. He had total disregard for the health and career of another player who was frustrating him with his superior play. 

I get it.  It was very bad.  But it should not define him.  It's not like we're talking about Suh or Burfict, here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I get it.  It was very bad.  But it should not define him.  It's not like we're talking about Suh or Burfict, here.

There is a fellow named John Hinckley Jr. who had a clean record until he shot President Reagan. I won't give him a pass because of his prior clean record. 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

There is a fellow named John Hinckley Jr. who had a clean record until he shot President Reagan. I won't give him a pass because of his prior clean record. 

Well, at least you came forth with a purely relevant analogy.

I guess it would make sense for me to counter with:  Well, just like Reagan, Tre White turned out to be just fine!

Sounds pretty dumb, eh?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.