Deshaun Watson settles 20 of 24 cases

Here in Cleveland, they are excited to announce 20 of the 24 cases against Deshaun have been settled.  Non disclosure agreements will be executed and 4 cases are still pending.  Do you think the NFL will let him off with a minimal suspension or fine?  Browns fans are hungry for this to be over and I guess the NFL is too.  One of the cases that didn't settle involves the woman who initially spoke up about this.

• Dislike 1

5 hours ago, Dave in Avon Lake now said:

Here in Cleveland, they are excited to announce 20 of the 24 cases against Deshaun have been settled.  Non disclosure agreements will be executed and 4 cases are still pending.  Do you think the NFL will let him off with a minimal suspension or fine?  Browns fans are hungry for this to be over and I guess the NFL is too.  One of the cases that didn't settle involves the woman who initially spoke up about this.

hello. You say the fans are excited to move on from this eh? Yeah I guess I can't blame them because it is indeed a stain to their franchise and starting QB. 

I can only speak as a female Bills fan who is beyond grateful we have #17 in Buffalo

But If watson were here instead I don't think I'd be so "lets bygones be bygones" as a fan.  I couldn't root for that guy. NOPE.  This stink isn't going away and it shouldn't. You can take his NDA's and 20 "settled cases" and feel Good about That?

@-@

Yeah I know this isnt  over the NFL will have their say but they best not slush this up easily if they want to retain brand loyalty with women. Thats just for starters. a Lot of men clearly  sniff this mess and know how bad it stinks. There ain't enough febreze to cover this stink.

21 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Sounds like the NFL is pursuing a lengthy suspension regardless.  He deserves it.

He should be banned for life.  The NFL needs to start taking a serious stance against domestic violence and sexual assault.  They need to adopt a true zero tolerance policy ... and it should start with this scumbag.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

If this scumbag was on the Bills, I would route for the Pats*, Jests, and Fins, to beat us every time until he and the idiots who traded for him were gone. He needs a permanent NFL Ban. Let him go play in the USFL.

I recommend the OP and all Browns fans to become a Bengals immediately.

Edited by qwksilver

2 hours ago, qwksilver said:

If this scumbag was on the Bills, I would route for the Pats*, Jests, and Fins, to beat us every time until he and the idiots who traded for him were gone. He needs a permanent NFL Ban. Let him go play in the USFL.

I recommend the OP and all Browns fans to become a Bengals immediately.

The OP is one a us.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

He should be banned for life.  The NFL needs to start taking a serious stance against domestic violence and sexual assault.  They need to adopt a true zero tolerance policy ... and it should start with this scumbag.

I wish this were the case with him but they need more evidence than he said she said.  Given the sheer volume of cases though the NFL could justify a two year suspension.  They'll likely go one year and have it reduced to 12-14 games on appeal.

On 6/21/2022 at 1:35 PM, Dave in Avon Lake now said:

Why would settling some of the cases make the suspension less than it would have been? I thought he said he wanted to “clear his name”. Instead he’s doing the opposite.

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why would settling some of the cases make the suspension less than it would have been? I thought he said he wanted to “clear his name”. Instead he’s doing the opposite.

I don't think it matters suspension wise.  It pry prevents Goodell from putting him on the commissioner's exempt list though and pry accelerates the timeline of when he will be suspended.

• Disagree 1

Lawsuit filed against Houston Texans alleges team 'enabled' Deshaun Watson's behavior

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34156293/woman-files-lawsuit-houston-texans-deshaun-watson-nda

The Houston Texans were formally named as defendants Monday in the ongoing civil litigation involving their former quarterback, Deshaun Watson.

"Today we filed the first case of what will likely be many against the Houston Texans related to Deshaun Watson's behavior. Suffice it to say, the overwhelming evidence collected indicating that the Houston Texans enabled Watson's behavior is incredibly damning," said Tony Buzbee, the Houston attorney who at one time represented 25 different women with lawsuits against Watson.

"We believe the Texans knew or most certainly should have known of Watson's conduct. Beyond that, we believe the filing speaks for itself," Buzbee said.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.