[Misleading Title] Barkley to KC Rumor

PayDaBill$

30 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Is this a dry-rubbed moon or a sauced moon?

pulp fiction eating GIF

Mmm huh...

That's one way of putting it.

Another way is did Marcellus throw him out the window because of a dry rub or a foot rub...😀

Top 5 favorite movie of mine, Lol! #1 probably, so hard to pick a favorite.

• Haha (+1) 1

As a Chiefs fan....who follows the team closely....I hate these things.

1.  Myself and half the poster on this board can write better clickbait.  I take comfort knowing if I ever lose my job, I should be able to find steady work wrting CRAP for sports blogs.

2.  Let's just assume for a moment there was even the remotest of chances someone in high places somewhere thought this was possible.  From KC's standpoint.....they aren't taking a 7 million dollar cap hit at RB at this point.  They have something like 8 mil in cap space as of now and that's about what you want to cover injuries etc that are bound to happen and you need to sign some street FA at some point.  Also, KC signed Ronald Jones, resigned Jerrick McKinnon, drafted Isiah Pacheco and still have CEH (who isn't very good)  Trading for Barclay and his 7 mil cap figure....if he has a decent to great year in KC....they aint resigning him and paying an RB big money when they have Mahomes in a pass heavy offense.  They would also be risking 7 mil on a guy who is more than likely to get hurt.  The odds of Barkley being healthy AND so great that he's worth 7 mil..and a major reason KC would win a title...are not good.  This is another thoughtless MADDEN trade scenario. 

• Like (+1) 5

How am I the only one who gave a thumbs up to the OP? This would be great news for the Bills.

7 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

As a Chiefs fan....who follows the team closely....I hate these things.

1.  Myself and half the poster on this board can write better clickbait.  I take comfort knowing if I ever lose my job, I should be able to find steady work wrting CRAP for sports blogs.

2.  Let's just assume for a moment there was even the remotest of chances someone in high places somewhere thought this was possible.  From KC's standpoint.....they aren't taking a 7 million dollar cap hit at RB at this point.  They have something like 8 mil in cap space as of now and that's about what you want to cover injuries etc that are bound to happen and you need to sign some street FA at some point.  Also, KC signed Ronald Jones, resigned Jerrick McKinnon, drafted Isiah Pacheco and still have CEH (who isn't very good)  Trading for Barclay and his 7 mil cap figure....if he has a decent to great year in KC....they aint resigning him and paying an RB big money when they have Mahomes in a pass heavy offense.  They would also be risking 7 mil on a guy who is more than likely to get hurt.  The odds of Barkley being healthy AND so great that he's worth 7 mil..and a major reason KC would win a title...are not good.  This is another thoughtless MADDEN trade scenario. 

Agreed. McKinnon is the guy that should be getting 80% of the touches out of the backfield. 

Would love for the Chiefs to trade for Barkley or McCaffery. Just as the Chiefs would love for the Bills to do the same. No way the Bills trade for either now though after the Cook draft pick.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/21/2022 at 10:56 AM, PayDaBill$ said:

Kansas City Chiefs could offer up Clyde Edwards-Helaire and a 2023 draft pick in exchange for the former Penn State stud running back. 

Thoughts…..

Barkley's so-called career has been underwhelming at best. For the #2 draft pick, the Giants have gotten very little value. Of course, that reflects on the Giants offense as a whole.

Andy Reid could probably put him to good use.

2 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

Barkley's so-called career has been underwhelming at best. For the #2 draft pick, the Giants have gotten very little value. Of course, that reflects on the Giants offense as a whole.

Andy Reid could probably put him to good use.

C’mon man. 🤦‍♂️ 
let this Turkey of a thread die in peace

• Agree 2

On 6/21/2022 at 11:42 AM, Gugny said:

Well ... you titled the thread as a rumor.  When you provided links, they were to a) someone playing "fantasy GM," and b) a "proposal."

Those aren't rumors.  Not even speculation.  They're pure fiction.

Are you constipated again?

• Haha (+1) 1

He’s always hurt.  He and Zeke are the reasons you never draft with you’re 1st pick a RB.  Cook I think will be worth it in the 2nd, and doubt we will draft that high again.  The strategy was sound.

We all have ideas on who will be the picks next year, but I guess we can wait til March.  Hopefully with the 32nd pick.

56 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

He’s always hurt.  He and Zeke are the reasons you never draft with you’re 1st pick a RB.  Cook I think will be worth it in the 2nd, and doubt we will draft that high again.  The strategy was sound.

We all have ideas on who will be the picks next year, but I guess we can wait til March.  Hopefully with the 32nd pick.

And CMc.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

And CMc.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

And CMc.

Yep.  I can’t remember who flamed me when I stated CMC was not worth the price.  There’s no doubt when healthy, IMO he is the best and most dynamic RB in the NFL, but a guy used that much breaks down.

Henry will break down as well in time.  Muscles grow, not ligaments and tendons.

If cold hearted GM’s and Coaches want to run a back into the ground and get another, ok.  That means though you keep drafting one like we’ve done for the last three years.  Linemen, QB’s, TE’s,  DB’s can be groomed.  

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Yep.  I can’t remember who flamed me when I stated CMC was not worth the price.  There’s no doubt when healthy, IMO he is the best and most dynamic RB in the NFL, but a guy used that much breaks down.

Henry will break down as well in time.  Muscles grow, not ligaments and tendons.

If cold hearted GM’s and Coaches want to run a back into the ground and get another, ok.  That means though you keep drafting one like we’ve done for the last three years.  Linemen, QB’s, TE’s,  DB’s can be groomed.  

He wasn't.  He had 2 great seasons but he's damaged goods now.  Henry is probably there as well.

On 6/22/2022 at 12:23 AM, PayDaBill$ said:

Tough crowd!

If you had originally put "Saquon" in the headline you'd probably have gotten a bit better response. We've got a guy named Barkley on our team and I'm sure many (me included) came here thinking you were talking about Matt and thus were irritated as they found you weren't.

You might even still be able to change it for first-time visitors.

29 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Ligaments and tendons can absolutely be strengthened, grown, bullet-proofed and developed.

Having said that, I hear you. RBs tend to wear down sooner than other positions. And CMC seems a good example, though I hope we get to see him healthy again. He was fun to watch.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Part of me feels bad for Devin, but we aren’t paying him on a second contract, nor Zack.  Cook might as he’s unique, and keep drafting workhorses.  If we use Cook the right way, he won’t get burned out and can extend maybe him.  He’s a hybrid.

I'm not sure it's that clear.

I'd agree they aren't giving him a big long-term deal, but they might work out something. I hope so.

4 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I'm not sure it's that clear.

I'd agree they aren't giving him a big long-term deal, but they might work out something. I hope so.

I hear you Thurm.  It’s unfortunate, but RB’s have become a commodity because they break down.

Maybe a two year cheap extension, but that’s it.  Just IMO.

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

12 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

🤦‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.