Climate Change And Heat Waves

12 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

And your personal contribution to this existential fight is, or has been, what exactly?

Hey, all of us living in a 1st world country are complicit based on our carbon footprints. It’s no easy problem to solve but it is doable. I’m not here to lecture anyone but since you asked… Personally, I drive a 2008 sedan 14,000 miles per year that gets 27 mpg. I don’t fly. I live in a modest single story home without AC and try to conserve on heating. I try to buy Made in USA and/or local when I can. Like everyone else, I’m part of the problem but I try to help. How’s your carbon footprint?

Edited by Andy1

15 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Hey, all of us living in a 1st world country are complicit based on our carbon footprints. It’s no easy problem to solve but it is doable. I’m not here to lecture anyone but since you asked… Personally, I drive a 2008 sedan 14,000 miles per year that gets 27 mpg. I don’t fly. I live in a modest single story home without AC and try to conserve on heating. I try to buy Made in USA and/or local when I can. Like everyone else, I’m part of the problem but I try to help. How’s your carbon footprint?

I'm in a pretty energy efficient home and have cut back a lot on driving but I'm not sure exactly how big my direct or indirect footprint is but I expect its a lot smaller than the government officials, billionaires, and assorted activists telling us all we have to cut back on energy consumption and carbon emissions. 

My suggestion to them is, you first, and enough of this leading from the rear.  So park those planes, dock those yachts, and cancel those conferences and resort destination vacations, and trade in those 40 room mansions and gas guzzling giants SUV's and sports cars for something more modest.  My temperament is that until they put some skin in the game they can all F off.

6 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'm in a pretty energy efficient home and have cut back a lot on driving but I'm not sure exactly how big my direct or indirect footprint is but I expect its a lot smaller than the government officials, billionaires, and assorted activists telling us all we have to cut back on energy consumption and carbon emissions. 

My suggestion to them is, you first, and enough of this leading from the rear.  So park those planes, dock those yachts, and cancel those conferences and resort destination vacations, and trade in those 40 room mansions and gas guzzling giants SUV's and sports cars for something more modest.  My temperament is that until they put some skin in the game they can all F off.

So do you care about global warming? Sounds like you could care less. 

15 hours ago, Andy1 said:

My home has been solar powered for the last fifteen years. I'm not trying to be holier than thou. My point is that everyone can talk a good story, but you can indeed make choices in your life that have a far greater impact (if there is one to be made) than the Elitists flying around the globe attending conferences and eating off the appetizer cart while sucking back drinks from the open bar. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

• 2 weeks later...

The climate in Bufalo is average. Yesterday was 90 as the high.  4th 90 this year. Right on the average.  I remember Tom Jolls telling us in the 80s that hadn't gotten above 90 for 4 years!

Edited by Wacka

On 7/20/2022 at 12:07 PM, Tiberius said:

So do you care about global warming? Sounds like you could care less. 

Maybe you should ask that question of all the people pushing the agenda that have carbon footprint 10 to 20 times what you and I produce?  And yet they still live along the coasts which they claim are going to be washed away by rising oceans in 10 years.  Why aren't they all moving to Wisconsin? 

And if you think the Earth is hot now just wait 2 billion years.