Climate Change And Heat Waves

9 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Or they keep their heads in the sand and do nothing while the problem gets worse. 

The water shortage is due to institutional racism and transphobia of the Colorado River watershed.  What a mess.  

Edited by Irv
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Get help. 

Come on, Irv is killing this with his casual irreverence.  It's Friday, summer time, and as the song says:

And it's two bare feet on the dashboard
Young love and an old Ford
Cheap shades and a tattoo
And a Yoo-Hoo (Yoo-Hoo) bottle on the floorboard

Admittedly there will be no bare feet on my dashboard (the foot is the Chernobyl of bacterial proliferation and with the possibility of air bag deployment always imminent, both feet for the occupant of the passenger seat should be firmly on the floor while the car is moving), I have a 22 Jeep, my love dates back to 1983, shades make me sleepy, I got no ink, and haven't had fake-choco Yoo-Hoo (Yoo-Hoo) in years.  Still, it's summer!

• Shocked 1

23 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Come on, Irv is killing this with his casual irreverence.  It's Friday, summer time, and as the song says:

And it's two bare feet on the dashboard
Young love and an old Ford
Cheap shades and a tattoo
And a Yoo-Hoo (Yoo-Hoo) bottle on the floorboard

Admittedly there will be no bare feet on my dashboard (the foot is the Chernobyl of bacterial proliferation and with the possibility of air bag deployment always imminent, both feet for the occupant of the passenger seat should be firmly on the floor while the car is moving), I have a 22 Jeep, my love dates back to 1983, shades make me sleepy, I got no ink, and haven't had fake-choco Yoo-Hoo (Yoo-Hoo) in years.  Still, it's summer!

Fair enough. We should have a "summer thread" with lighthearted posts about what everyone's up to during the summer.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Fair enough. We should have a "summer thread" with lighthearted posts about what everyone's up to during the summer.

Absolutely!!!

I’m in the Adirondack mountains enjoying a cold beer and relaxing on a lake 👍🏻
life is good. I think I’m letting my white privilege show😱

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Westside said:

Absolutely!!!

I’m in the Adirondack mountains enjoying a cold beer and relaxing on a lake 👍🏻
life is good. I think I’m letting my white privilege show😱

Great day to be in the Adks, Westy.  Saw a news piece of a guy shot by an officer in Saranac Lake, thankfully that sort of thing is rare up there. 

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Great day to be in the Adks, Westy.  Saw a news piece of a guy shot by an officer in Saranac Lake, thankfully that sort of thing is rare up there. 

I was just there yesterday. That’s crazy! It’s beautiful up here.

• Like (+1) 1

Aristocrat - Sea level photos prove nothing. There is something called tides that can dramatically change the level of the ocean. You would have to know the pictures were taken at the same time in the tide cycle for comparison between years.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/04/23/fact-check-water-level-photos-dont-disprove-climate-change/7333921002/

On 7/17/2022 at 3:01 PM, aristocrat said:

I definitely recall the first thing the pilgrims did down in Plymouth in 1620  was find a rock and use that rock etching kit they lugged from England to tag the beach with their new logo…

lol