Climate Change And Heat Waves

57 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Humans are the salt, my man. 8 billion grains of salt all over this cube and rising.

The only thing we can do to help the Earth now is to leave it. That's why we're trying to find other habitable planets. Time to spread out again.

No, we can just take better care of our environment 

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

Remembering the deadly US heat wave of 1980 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2020/07/11/heat-wave-1980/

I remember it very well.  I lived in Dallas. We had 42 days in a row over 100 degrees and 69 days over 100 degrees that summer.  It was one hot mother trucker.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2010/08/06/dallas-fort-worth-heat-wave-of-1980-still-seared-into-memories/

Couldn't read your article so I added my own. 🙂

been watching this guy for a bit. not sure if hes a huckster or what but he certainly seems to pull up alot of very old news articles and scientific studies/graphs. i live in buffalo and see a diff in the winters from when i was a kid but also know that gov seem a more concerned with human behavior which is relatively small contributor and less involved in changing the fundamental of industrial contributions. simply buying and selling carbon coupons like baseball cards while allowing foreign powers to ignore it all which everyone agrees will negate ANYTHING we do.

in the end covid really destroyed  any confidence the scientific consensus narrative has. of coarse leftists that went full steam authoritarian don't blink a eye at the economic damage they authorized. not sure where they can say anything on these types of topics and expect credibility. makes you wonder if opposition has been silenced for a long time. i think we should stop our economy from collapsing first any means necessary. its kind of important too.

check him out and see what you think. has a library of vids full of "misinformation"

Edited by Buffarukus

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 5:51 AM, ALF said:

Saw a TV news story of turning windows into see thru solar panels , homes , skyscrapers , vehicles can charge themselves.

https://www.solarwindow.com/

https://news.energysage.com/solar-panel-windows-solar-blinds/

https://www.fastcompany.com/90712278/these-windows-are-see-through-solar-panels

Now we are getting somewhere, I hope

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2022-07-14/california-rooftop-solar-pv-panels-recycling-danger

• Thank you (+1) 1

Why don't we have a national recycling program?  A worldwide one?  Why don't we force companies to make more high quality products instead of ***** ones that last short periods? Especially wood furniture.  Nuclear power as well. Instead we just talk about ev's. 

31 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Why don't we have a national recycling program?  A worldwide one?  Why don't we force companies to make more high quality products instead of ***** ones that last short periods? Especially wood furniture.  Nuclear power as well. Instead we just talk about ev's. 

Funny you mention recycling. The latest stories are that we've recycled TOO MUCH, not too little. Some waste management companies have nowhere to put the stuff, so they're just collecting it and then dumping it in with everything else. 

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Funny you mention recycling. The latest stories are that we've recycled TOO MUCH, not too little. Some waste management companies have nowhere to put the stuff, so they're just collecting it and then dumping it in with everything else. 

We should also have waste to energy incineration plants. They do cause pollution but it's less than if the stuff just decomposes.  Less pollution than coal. 

33 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Like anything else, I'd assume it ultimately comes down to money.  Cheap junk needs to be replaced more often,  so the consumers buy more.  Nuclear has been regulated to the point where its almost impossible to build a new plant.  But electric vehicles are new on the mass market.  There's still large amounts of financial gain to be made,  especially at twice the cost or more of a conventional vehicle.  You just need to convince the public that the enviro-apocalypse will occur if they don't make the switch. 

Thats not to say there arent some real environmental issues underpinning it, but most of the nuts leading the charge at the policy and business level stand to make a fortune off it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

We should also have waste to energy incineration plants. They do cause pollution but it's less than if the stuff just decomposes.  Less pollution than coal. 

I’m actually a LEED accredited professional. (Look it up) There are any number of things we ‘should have’. The challenge is viability of these should have ideas. 

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m actually a LEED accredited professional. (Look it up) There are any number of things we ‘should have’. The challenge is viability of these should have ideas. 

My understanding is that a lot of the solutions around things like recycling simply aren't profitable, limiting their scale. Though, I will certainly defer to someone with LEED accreditation. 

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

This is the case in Baltimore County but the powers that be still want people to separate the recyclables. Reason not given. 

Edited by JDHillFan

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

My understanding is that a lot of the solutions around things like recycling simply aren't profitable, limiting their scale. Though, I will certainly defer to someone with LEED accreditation. 

That’s correct. We’ve gotten so used to First World convenience that people don’t realize that convenience comes at a huge cost. 

The lack of water in the southwest will be a major issue soon. 

https://www.latimes.com/environment/story/2022-06-14/big-water-cutbacks-ordered-amid-colorado-river-shortage

“We are 150 feet from 25 million Americans losing access to the Colorado River, and the rate of decline is accelerating,” Entsminger told the senators. Avoiding “potentially catastrophic conditions,” Entsminger said, will require reductions that many water managers previously considered unattainable.”

The Colorado River is running out of water and 40 million people depend upon it. Water usage reductions in the range of the allotment for the State of Arizona will be required, split among states of CO, NM, NV, AZ and CA.

Edited by Andy1

48 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

https://www.latimes.com/environment/story/2022-06-14/big-water-cutbacks-ordered-amid-colorado-river-shortage

“We are 150 feet from 25 million Americans losing access to the Colorado River, and the rate of decline is accelerating,” Entsminger told the senators. Avoiding “potentially catastrophic conditions,” Entsminger said, will require reductions that many water managers previously considered unattainable.”

The Colorado River is running out of water and 40 million people depend upon it. Water usage reductions in the range of the allotment for the State of Arizona will be required, split among states of CO, NM, NV, AZ and CA.

Thanks biden! What a mess

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Andy1 said:

The core problem is the Colorado River system does not have the capacity to support 40 million humans along with the surrounding environment.  So eventually either somebody identifies another source of water to restore a balance with nature or people move out.   

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The core problem is the Colorado River system does not have the capacity to support 40 million humans along with the surrounding environment.  So eventually either somebody identifies another source of water to restore a balance with nature or people move out.   

Or they keep their heads in the sand and do nothing while the problem gets worse.