I'm sure glad Josh Allen is our quarterback

Draconator

5 hours ago, Htt2821 said:

Just watched the replay, kickoff was squibbed and returned to the 30ish and Rams had one play of laterals. 

Same when we tied Tampa game with 22 seconds left when the Bucs had one time out left.  There plan was to go for the game winning fg in regulation if they got favorable field position.  We suib kicked it and pinned them at their own 16 and took six seconds off the clock.  The more I go over it in my head the only conclusion I can come up with analyzing 13 seconds is McDermott played scared on both special teams and defense.  Cost us a possible Super Bowl.  Very tough lesson for McD to learn.

Edited by Doc Brown

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Same when we tied Tampa game with 22 seconds left when the Bucs had one time out left.  There plan was to go for the game winning fg in regulation if they got favorable field position.  We suib kicked it and pinned them at their own 16 and took six seconds off the clock.  The more I go over it in my head the only conclusion I can come up with analyzing 13 seconds is McDermott played scared on both special teams and defense.  Cost us a possible Super Bowl.  Very tough lesson for McD to learn.

Really?  The ONLY one?  Not one in which Heath Farwell didn’t get the squib order in to Bass?  ‘Cause that’s the conclusion I come to.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, eball said:

Really?  The ONLY one?  Not one in which Heath Farwell didn’t get the squib order in to Bass?  ‘Cause that’s the conclusion I come to.

Even if that was the case, not jamming the WR's and Kelce at the line on the following two defensive plays cost us the game.  McDermott still coached scared when it mattered the most.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Even if that was the case, not jamming the WR's and Kelce at the line on the following two defensive plays cost us the game.  McDermott still coached scared when it mattered the most.

If the squib is properly executed at least 4 seconds go off the clock and that defensive strategy works fine because they only get one play.

But whatever.  They should have won.  I’m just not a believer that McD “choked” it away like some are.  All evidence following the game suggests Farwell blew it.  Levi Wallace also blew it.  If he plays smart and doesn’t lose himself in the moment the second play in particular doesn’t happen.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Mickey said:

I think it would be a kind gesture if we took up a collection and sent a years supply of Alka-Seltzer to every Defensive Coordinator on the Bills schedule.

For you Micky..

We might want to also send some of these…

For the OP, I know the media still has Mahomes on the highest pedestal, but I’d still take Josh over him.

Its a bird, it’s a plane, it’s Super Allen.  Able to leap tall defensemen at a single bound, faster than a steaming locomotive!!!!

2 hours ago, eball said:

Yup, Farwell got himself fired and banished to the Jags because he screwed the pooch on that one…, 

Our new O-line coaches nickname is beach chairs,  Farwell’s nickname is squib…,

Go  Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

Just now, Don Otreply said:

Yup, Farwell got himself fired and banished to the Jags because he screwed the pooch on that one…, 

Our new O-line coaches nickname is beach chairs,  Farwell’s nickname is squib…,

Go  Bills!!!

Squib Farwell, that loser . . . but he doesn't think about it.

8 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

And the Browns and Jets played their part in the draft.

Still a little amazed he got past the Broncos. 

I would add the Giants as well. Eli was nearing the end so they should have thought about taking a QB. Even though Barkley was amazing at Penn St you never take an RB that high in the draft.

• Agree 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Lol farwell blew it…. Even with the touch back all they needed to do was prevent KC from getting into FG range from their own 25 in 13 seconds… but Farwell blew it😅

He did.  So did McD/Frazier.  

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sure they lament not taking him and talk a good game now, but they were all skeptical back then (as was I).  

Same here. I was in the Rosen camp. Thankfully Beane knows what he is doing because most fans (myself included) don't have a clue.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Lol farwell blew it…. Even with the touch back all they needed to do was prevent KC from getting into FG range from their own 25 in 13 seconds… but Farwell blew it😅

Have you seen me post, anywhere, that I agree with how the Bills' defense played those two plays?

It doesn't change the fact that Farwell's blunder cost them the game.  Could they have overcome it with a better couple of plays on D?  Sure.  But that's not my point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.